As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mac Powers Back On After Shutdown?

Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..."a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
It's 11:00 on Monday night, class early tomorrow, time to go to sleep.

Apple Menu --> Shut Down --> Yes

Mike climbs into bed, and without fail, about 5-10 minutes later: DONNNNNG

This happens even with the lid closed (I use an external display with the laptop)

Can anyone explain what the hell is causing this? Is it having the external display plugged in at shutdown?

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
oE0mva1.jpg
Mike Danger on

• Options
    useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Could be wake on lan if you have snow leopard. or shutting the lid before it's all the way off

useless4 on
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I don't have Snow Leopard installed, and I don't shut the lid before it's completely powered down.

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Have you checked energy settings in system pref. to ensure that a wake up time and shut down time weren't entered by mistake?

useless4 on
  • Options
    Tanooki MarioTanooki Mario __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Check your Energy Saver preferences. Might have "Wake for network access" checked and you're getting packets if you've got your laptop hooked up to Ethernet. You also may have a faulty charger for whatever reason -- do you see the LED in the charger sometimes come on and off? Check to see if you have "Stat up automatically after a power failure" checked.

Tanooki Mario on
    I'm the artist formerly known as Satan.