Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[DnD 4e] The Auxiliaries

2»

• astrobstrdastrobstrd Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Erris Iratian, Kalashtar Virtuous Paladin of Pelor

The crowd's murmur fell silent as a radiant woman stepped forward. Her highly polished armor reflected the sun and lent a glow to her that seemed to emanate from her golden skin. Her hair flared red and fell in curls around the plate. Those who looked into her azure eyes swore that she gave them a blessing, but her lips never moved.

"I come to lend my sword to what cause may need it. Pelor has blessed me to be here amongst you today."

Her voice never rose above a whisper, yet all around her heard, and heard the silent amazement of the other onlookers.

"I am Erris, a humble Kalashtar servant of the holy sun, born into lands far away from your reckoning. Let me be among those to serve the greater good and I will shine Pelor's light where needed."

The crowd looked at each other in amazement. Who was this dream in bathed in gold?

Erris prayed to be let in...and prayed to let the madness at the reliquary be confined to the past.

Background
    Spoiler:

Appearance and Mannerisms
    Spoiler:

Jin Merkle, Changeling Assassin. A Touch of Madness. AC 25 F 18 R 23 W 24.

Jaren Cannier, Mul Warden. Freedom. AC 18 F14 R14 W14.
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Astro, where did you get Weapon Expertise from?

edited November 2009
    misread the OP...will fix it later today at home.

• Counter_BreakCounter_Break Registered User
    edited November 2009
    Weylan Whitemoon - Eladrin Swordmage|Warlock

An eladrin with a long glaive strapped to his back steps forward from the crowd. With a flourish and a grin, he half-mockingly bows towards the courtier and says, "Well, if ya'd like, I suppose I could offer my services to ya. Weylan Whitemoon, at your service! I should warn ya, though...I don't come cheap. But don't you worry, 'cuz after the King sees what a great job I've done, he'll probably give ya a promotion or somethin' just for findin' me!"

Background:
    Spoiler:

Mannerisms & Appearance:
    Spoiler:

Other Notes:
    Spoiler:

• adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Akra Pellicas, Dragonborn Cleric of Avandra

A Dragonborn clad in chainmail made his way through the crowd and to where names were being taken.

"Morning," the cleric greeted the man. "I'm here to save the village and stab everything else with the pointy end of this spear thingy. Except you, of course."

Background
    Spoiler:

Mannerisms
    Spoiler:

NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ok So I couldn't really come up with a bangin' enough background for my invoker. So here's a new entry:

Amaryllis, Kalashtar Devoted Cleric

Appearence/Mannerisms:
    Spoiler:

Background:
    Spoiler:

In the pub:
    Spoiler:

• BlurblBlurbl Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Matrim Tryal: Half Elf Paladin

A man walked with little resistance through the crowd, clad in enough Plate to seemingly cover a warhorse. His tapered ears identified him as a Half-Elf.

"I'll take the assignment." He said simply with an outstretched hand.

Portrait:
    Spoiler:

Background:
    Spoiler:

Appearence/Mannerisms:
    Spoiler:

Orokos (Will switch to Mythweavers if I get in): http://4e.orokos.com/sheets/1416

• hotranhotran Registered User
    edited November 2009
    Here's mine: Chester, the Dwarven (Halfling) Aerialist Rogue

As the sun dipped below the horizon, the wagon that Chester had hitched into Tanis in finally pulled up to the courtyard of the Guard barracks. With a wave to the driver, Chester was off, scurrying through the crowd. Word of the new auxiliary recruitment had taken its time in reaching the forest, and it was a full days wagon ride from there to Tanis; Chester hoped he wasn't late.

Entering the hall, he saw the mass of applicants was still large, despite the fact that the guard reps seemed to be packing things up. He rolled beneath the legs of a massive dragonborn, drawing a snort from huge creature. Regaining his feet, he bounded towards a stack of crates and leapt. Planting one diminutive foot onto the top of the pile, he launched himself over the line of applicants, and landed directly on the table, to the shock of the clerks finishing the day's work. With a flourish, he dropped his application onto the top of the pile.

"Chester's the name, and it is your lucky day, m' good sirs. From traps to trolls and everything in between, I'm your man!"

Background
    Spoiler:

Tried to keep it short this time :P

The Long Way Down: Clank, Warforged Fighter
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Nall, (Dark) Elf Assassin

"May I suggest," says a man who had been leaning unnoticed against the wall, "that you send someone that is not all about flash? Big magic is all well and good, but there are times when you need a more delicate touch. We don't know yet what kind of mission we are in for, true, but if it had been simply to kill some goblins the regular troops would be used. I have a feeling that we'll need more than bright swords and big explosions."

Background:
    Spoiler:

• 3clipse3clipse Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Another character I was playing around with: Asteron Stormfury, Minotaur Barbarian

An enormous minotaur wades slowly and patiently through the crowd, carefully moving those around him so he does not hurt them. A massive axe, its head like a saw, hangs over his shoulders. He approaches the clerk and looks down upon him before speaking in a deep rumble. "If it is trouble you are expecting, or any kind of battle, then you should send the strongest warriors" he says, picking the clerk up between his thumb and forefinger to look him in the face. "That would be me" he says before depositing the clerk back down on the ground. "I am Asteron, and I am a warrior of power and skill."

Background:
    Spoiler:

C2hmw6F.png
    edited November 2009
    Guess I'll put in a second submission if that's allowed? I made a Genasi with one of the new manifestations that came out last month but aren't in the CB yet.

Vard, Voidsoul Tactical Warlord

Background:
    Spoiler:

• Kevin R BrownKevin R Brown __BANNED USERS
    edited November 2009
    When do submissions close, out of curiosity?

' As always when their class interests are at stake, the capitalists can dispense with noble sentiments like the right to free speech or the struggle against tyranny.'
  • cytorakcytorak Registered User
    edited November 2009
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I haven't made my decision yet, so if SuperRuper wants to add in a background and Kevin Brown wants to make an app, I'll consider them. No extension of the submission deadline, I'll decide whenever I have time, so get them in quick!

sig.gif
    edited November 2009
    AH! College got silly. I'm writing my background now!!!

Edit: Background Updated! Exclamation Points!

• Kevin R BrownKevin R Brown __BANNED USERS
    edited November 2009
    Cool. I'll toss-up Detective Krakrash, then.

Torfram Krakrash

Background:
    Spoiler:

Personality:
    Spoiler:

Picture:
    Spoiler:

' As always when their class interests are at stake, the capitalists can dispense with noble sentiments like the right to free speech or the struggle against tyranny.'
  • lodwilklodwilk Registered User
    edited November 2009
    Robaki: Drow Revenant Swarm Druid

“Excuse me, pardon me,” said a voice as its source pushed his way through the crowd. Those close enough turned to its source, a curse on the tips of their tongues as they wondered who this person was that thought themselves so important as to cut in front of everyone else. However when they saw who the voice belonged to, they closed their mouths and step aside. What looked like a cave elf with ashen grey skin, and pitch black eyes pushed his way towards the desk.

“My name is Robaki and I am interested in participating in this task if it pleases you,” placing his hands on his desk, the drow revenant gave his most diplomatic smile, “I have an extensive knowledge of the natural world and how to control its powers to my benefit. I’m sure you will find my talents most ben....”

The revenants words trailed off as several worms slipped out of the sleeves of his robes and began slithering along the courtiers desk. “I’m sorry they tend to get away from me on occasion.” A small pinprick of crimson light flashed within the revenants blackened pupils, and the worms all slithered over to his hand, merging in with his leathery flesh. “Now than where do I need to sign?”

Background:
    Spoiler:

Mannerisms & Appearance:
    Spoiler:

DM in Age of Ascension (IC/OOC)
    Tzeentch in CitOW Game 53
  • 3clipse3clipse Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Shamefully late submission, because I came up with this idea and thought it was cool.

Cael Shadowstep, Human Rogue

A knife comes flying out of the darkness of the rafters supporting the hall's roof and thuds into the wall just above the courier's head, quivering slightly. "You want someone to get into a town unseen and find answers? I'm your man" comes a voice from the darkness of the rafters.

A dark shape drops and lands on its hands, deftly moving into a back handspring and then a back flip. He lands on his feet and then bows. "Cael Shadowstep at your service; master infiltrator, assassin, and thief extraordinaire." He performs a front handspring and somersaults forward, popping up on his feet in front of the courier. "I can guarantee that I will find out what has occurred, and that any who are there will be ignorant of my presence in its entirety"

He gives a devilish grin and pulls the knife from above the courier's head, sheathing it. "And, if anyone does see me, I'm more than able to silence them forever."

Background:
    Spoiler:

C2hmw6F.png
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Well, this wasn't an easy decision. Enough fantastic apps that I could have filled two parties without ever making it down to even a mediocre submission. But there's only five slots, so without further ado, the auxilliaries:

Tern Blackbriar, Crimson King's Dwarf Druid
    Erris Iratian, astrobstrd's Kalashtar Paladin
    Kaazin, IamUnaware's Revenant Rogue
    Nall, dots's Drow Assassin
    Amaryllis, SuperRuper's Kalashtar Cleric.

IC thread here

sig.gif
  • lodwilklodwilk Registered User
    edited November 2009
    Damn yet another game that I didn't make it into. Oh well keep on trying right? Anyways congrats to those who made it.

DM in Age of Ascension (IC/OOC)
    Tzeentch in CitOW Game 53
  • Counter_BreakCounter_Break Registered User
    edited November 2009
    Oh well, guess I'll just have to try again elsewhere. Congrats to everyone who was chosen!

• DajianDajian Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Bummer.

Congrats to you guys. This would have been fun.

edited November 2009
    Awesome. I'll get my character sheet up later today.

edited November 2009
    Sweet, I'm real excited for this! Nice apps everyone.

• hotranhotran Registered User
    edited November 2009
    Enjoy folks; Powerpuppies' setting looks awesome =). Can't wait to see what you folk come up with.

The Long Way Down: Clank, Warforged Fighter
  • oakloreoaklore Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Boo. But, Yay! haha.

Have fun everyone. Everyone's characters looked really nice. Back to Dragon Age for my role playing for now.

orbit.gif
    edited November 2009
    Awesome...looking forward to this. Changed a little bit of equipment on Erris and I should have a picture and a post later today.

• Crimson KingCrimson King wolves cull themselves, man. what other creature could? and is the race of man not more predacious yet?Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    This is great and I'm looking forward to it. Gonna go look for a picture now.

DS: 4742 - 6001 - 2106 add me to your friend safaris
2»