As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

NHL 10 - USA gets silver; Crosby is still a bitch

• TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Anyone want to Goaleague?

I promise not to forget this time!

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • LaonarLaonar Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Did the new league start yet and is it to late to get in?

Laonar on
  • WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Laonar wrote: »

Holy shit, you aren't dead!

WilDPanthA05 on
  • puffycowpuffycow Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Let the man in, so I can make sweet, sweet love to him.

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • truck-a-saurastruck-a-sauras Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

don't trust it, that could be a ghost!

truck-a-sauras on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
    edited November 2009

But how would he type, his ghostly fingers would go right through the keys, sheesh.

Unless it's a very articulate zombie ...
    zombie.jpg

WilDPanthA05 on
    edited November 2009

But how would he type, his ghostly fingers would go right through the keys, sheesh.

Have you already forgotten the awesomeness that was Swayze. Watch the movie Ghost again and try telling me he wouldn't be able to type. Zombie is a good possibility though.

truck-a-sauras on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
    edited November 2009

Have you already forgotten the awesomeness that was Swayze. Watch the movie Ghost again and try telling me he wouldn't be able to type. Zombie is a good possibility though.

I was too scared of Whoopi to watch that movie ... I mean it's Whoopi

goldman_j_whoopie.jpg

yikes

WilDPanthA05 on
  • CCF23CCF23 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Leaggggggggggue. I'll be here til 5ish Pacific (8 eastern). Someone play me.

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I think I've already played both games against you

but if anyone's on I want to play too! until the rangers/oilers game later.

twmjr on
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I quit the league. I absolutely hate playing it.

Done with the thread.

Schide on
    edited November 2009
    God that first game against Schide was frustrating as fuck. I dominate nearly the entire game, outshoot him like 33-11, and lose 1-0 on a TERRIBLE fucking rebound goal. Thought the 2nd game was gonna be more of the same until I poured it on in the 3rd.
    I quit the league. I absolutely hate playing it.

Done with the thread.

You have ONE FUCKING LOSS. This is gonna sound harsh, but stop being such a fucking baby. Seriously, if you don't win every game you're going to throw your hands up in the air and quit? Come on.

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • Hey AshtrayHey Ashtray Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Well FUuuuUUUuuuuUUUUUUuuuuuUUUUuuuuuuck you! Haha! I thought I was bad for just quitting one game. You win, Schide!

Hey Ashtray on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mheff13mheff13 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Laonar you can take the Rangers from me, I've had enough of this crap.

Not only do I suck...I can't even fucking score. I should just go back to hotstepping. Getting glitched on was more fun for me than the ineptitude. I guess I just must really suck at this game compared to last year's...no other way around it.

mheff13 on
  • remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Omg everyone chill the fuck out. It's a game. Grow up.

remlap13 on
    edited November 2009
    remlap13 wrote: »

Seriously, people, come on. It's a fucking Penny Arcade mean nothing league. Your record means shit. It's for fun. If your whole motivation for joining the league was to win, you were doing it for the wrong fucking reason. We're just here to have a little fun, talk a little shit, and play some hockey, but every time we get some kind of bitching by people who can't stand losing.

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
    edited November 2009

OMGZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

That's not the fucking point. The point is it's not fun to play a game when you score a total of like 5 goals in 15 games...it sucks, it's boring as shit. And I don't want to hear this, uh "get better" shit either. I know how to play a fucking hockey game.

It's not fun when your team can't score unless something gets hit by lightning.

mheff13 on
  • remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    All I know is that you and Schide have the worst history of whining while playing this game out of anyone. Anytime something even remotely bad or cheesy happens you guys lose it. During Hotsteppers, during league. Do you see Jawa quitting? What about chucksteak?

remlap13 on
    edited November 2009
    mheff13 wrote: »

OMGZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

That's not the fucking point. The point is it's not fun to play a game when you score a total of like 5 goals in 15 games...it sucks, it's boring as shit. And I don't want to hear this, uh "get better" shit either. I know how to play a fucking hockey game.

As much as you want to try and blame the game, it's not the game's fault. You're looking for an excuse when there isn't one there. Yeah, the game can cock you over here and there, but it does not and will not do it constantly. If you're not scoring on a regular basis, you're doing something wrong, plain and simple, and as long as you wanna sit there and cry about how the game isn't fair you'll never get better. There's a reason why some of us can score consistently, while others can't and it has absolutely zero to do with the game cocking or not cocking you over on a regular basis.

Know why I score? I'm patient. I'll pass the puck an INSANE amount in the zone until I see a good passing lane open up, or I get it back to the point and see someone posted up in good positioning for a tip and/or rebound.

I'm not meaning to sound harsh here, but it fucking pisses me off the amount people whine and complain as if when they bought the game they got the "you're going to get fucked over" version and not the "you're going to do the fucking over" version.

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I am a .500 team. I am not bitching.

Fozzy.png

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    edited November 2009
    CCF23 wrote: »

OMGZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

As much as you want to try and blame the game, it's not the game's fault. You're looking for an excuse when there isn't one there. Yeah, the game can cock you over here and there, but it does not and will not do it constantly. If you're not scoring on a regular basis, you're doing something wrong, plain and simple, and as long as you wanna sit there and cry about how the game isn't fair you'll never get better. There's a reason why some of us can score consistently, while others can't and it has absolutely zero to do with the game cocking or not cocking you over on a regular basis.

Know why I score? I'm patient. I'll pass the puck an INSANE amount in the zone until I see a good passing lane open up, or I get it back to the point and see someone posted up in good positioning for a tip and/or rebound.

I'm not meaning to sound harsh here, but it fucking pisses me off the amount people whine and complain as if when they bought the game they got the "you're going to get fucked over" version and not the "you're going to do the fucking over" version.

I can't speak for mheff, but you guys are jumping to conclusions a bit. While I'm not spazzing or anything, I don't know that I intend on playing past this season or really continuing on in buying NHL games. I fully understand that there is something that I don't get about them, or if I do get it I'm just not good at it. And I'm fine with that, but the fact of the matter is that mheff is right, it's not really a fun game when you suck at it. It's not that I have to win all the time to have fun, but I rarely very terribly competitive.

And again, I know it's my fault, not the games, but it doesn't change the fact that it kills a lot of the fun when all you do is lose, with a win once in a blue moon.

twmjr on
    edited November 2009
    twmjr wrote: »

OMGZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

I can't speak for mheff, but you guys are jumping to conclusions a bit. While I'm not spazzing or anything, I don't know that I intend on playing past this season or really continuing on in buying NHL games. I fully understand that there is something that I don't get about them, or if I do get it I'm just not good at it. And I'm fine with that, but the fact of the matter is that mheff is right, it's not really a fun game when you suck at it. It's not that I have to win all the time to have fun, but I rarely very terribly competitive.

And again, I know it's my fault, not the games, but it doesn't change the fact that it kills a lot of the fun when all you do is lose, with a win once in a blue moon

He's not saying this, he's trying to blame the game by saying:
    And I don't want to hear this, uh "get better" shit either. I know how to play a fucking hockey game.

Twm, you're exactly what a struggling team owner SHOULD be like. I really respect the way you've handled yourself. I understand the frustration of losing, even in a "for fun" league...and I understand the desire if you don't want to join the league again next year, but I don't think I've ever once seen you threaten to quit or blame the game or whatever.

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
    edited November 2009
    Well, I'm not going to be a d-bag just because I suck at a game. I mean you guys are pretty rad dudes to play with (even when you're running the score up on me like some kind of evil-scar-faced-antagonist-in-a-mighty-ducks-movie-team...but you can't expect class from a Canucks fan ;)).

Heck, I'll probably forget why I hate playing this game and end up playing again next season...and buying NHL 11...and 12...I hate you EA.

twmjr on
    edited November 2009
    Ok, sorry. I knew how to play NHL 09 and I don't know how to play NHL 10. Simple as that. I probably should have withheld from the league, being that I'm a novice.

mheff13 on
    edited November 2009
    Well, I'm not going to be a d-bag just because I suck at a game. I mean you guys are pretty rad dudes to play with (even when you're running the score up on me like some kind of evil-scar-faced-antagonist-in-a-mighty-ducks-movie-team...but you can't expect class from a Canucks fan ;)).

Heck, I'll probably forget why I hate playing this game and end up playing again next season...and buying NHL 11...and 12...I hate you EA.

:lol: what the fuck am I supposed to do when you pull your goalie and I pass around the offensive zone hoping you'll put him back in before finally deciding that maybe if I shoot you'll put him back in.

:lol:
    Ok, sorry. I knew how to play NHL 09 and I don't know how to play NHL 10. Simple as that. I probably should have withheld from the league, being that I'm a novice.

Just relax, is all. What's on the line if you win? Absolutely nothing. You don't get a large sum of money, you don't get free liquor, all you get is a signature which Moody will probably steal anyway.

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
    edited November 2009

:lol: what the fuck am I supposed to do when you pull your goalie and I pass around the offensive zone hoping you'll put him back in before finally deciding that maybe if I shoot you'll put him back in.

you're supposed to skate into your zone and shoot it over the boards so I can have a power play...what do you think you're supposed to do? sheesh. :lol:

twmjr on
    edited November 2009

OMGZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

I never blamed the game for my sucking, but I'm not understanding how I can't score. I've been playing hardcore superstar mode offline trying to get better, but none of it carries over to league games. When I get on here and bitch that I'm done, it's mentally draining to be shutout every game, understand that. You don't have to, you put up 13 goals in a game.

I'm totally fine with admitting I suck, but when I continually put 24-30 shots on in a game, I'd expect more than the fluke to go in...and I'm not just winding up from podunk neutral zone and praying to god it goes in.

Sure I've had quirks with the game...the bump interference drove me nuts and I admittedly struggled with the hardcore passing right off the bat. It does get me fired up that I'm always getting stick lifted and poke checked before I feel like I even have the puck...and then when I try the same move, I'm headed off for 2 or 4. I guess there really must be an art to it.

That's fine if you hate me because I bitch, but man it's tough. I come out and play everyone hard. I make it tough to score, I try to lock it down, because the only way I know I'll be in a game is if I basically shut some one out. That's the frustrating part.

mheff13 on
    edited November 2009

OMGZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

I never blamed the game for my sucking, but I'm not understanding how I can't score. I've been playing hardcore superstar mode offline trying to get better, but none of it carries over to league games. When I get on here and bitch that I'm done, it's mentally draining to be shutout every game, understand that. You don't have to, you put up 13 goals in a game.

I'm totally fine with admitting I suck, but when I continually put 24-30 shots on in a game, I'd expect more than the fluke to go in...and I'm not just winding up from podunk neutral zone and praying to god it goes in.

Sure I've had quirks with the game...the bump interference drove me nuts and I admittedly struggled with the hardcore passing right off the bat. It does get me fired up that I'm always getting stick lifted and poke checked before I feel like I even have the puck...and then when I try the same move, I'm headed off for 2 or 4. I guess there really must be an art to it.

That's fine if you hate me because I bitch, but man it's tough. I come out and play everyone hard. I make it tough to score, I try to lock it down, because the only way I know I'll be in a game is if I basically shut some one out. That's the frustrating part.

Why would I hate you? That totally goes against my "it's a league to have fun" mentality. Dude, I just get frustrated when I feel like people are trying to blame the game, or in Schide's case, someone that's fucking 5-1 and threatening to quit.

I understand the game can be frustrating and all that shit, I really do. I went through a 3 game losing streak, lost 1-0 to Schide when I outshot him 33-11, all that. I understand the frustration...

I don't remember the game I played against you (or if I won or lost or whatever), so I can't give you any advice on things I think would help you, but if you ever want to hop into an online versus game and I can show you a couple of things I do that seem to work for generating offense, I'd be more than happy.

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
    edited November 2009

OMGZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Why would I hate you? That totally goes against my "it's a league to have fun" mentality. Dude, I just get frustrated when I feel like people are trying to blame the game, or in Schide's case, someone that's fucking 5-1 and threatening to quit.

I understand the game can be frustrating and all that shit, I really do. I went through a 3 game losing streak, lost 1-0 to Schide when I outshot him 33-11, all that. I understand the frustration...

I don't remember the game I played against you (or if I won or lost or whatever), so I can't give you any advice on things I think would help you, but if you ever want to hop into an online versus game and I can show you a couple of things I do that seem to work for generating offense, I'd be more than happy.

I'll never quit on someone in a game, even though I'm getting slammed around right now. I'm not usually getting blown out. I play every game close...and then, I either give up a 2 on 1 or some easy goal and lose 1-0, maybe 2-1 if I'm lucky. I've had a few 3-1's whatever. I'm always in the game, but I always lose, because I have no offense.

It's not that I'm blaming the game, I'm making constant line changes and I try to do all kinds of things on offense...not just a one trick show, so it's not like I'm not trying to get stuff going. I'm not blaming the game when I say this, but maybe I just took a team with personnel that doesn't fit well (outside of Henrik, who probably keeps me in every game).

mheff13 on
    edited November 2009

OMGZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

I'll never quit on someone in a game, even though I'm getting slammed around right now. I'm not usually getting blown out. I play every game close...and then, I either give up a 2 on 1 or some easy goal and lose 1-0, maybe 2-1 if I'm lucky. I've had a few 3-1's whatever. I'm always in the game, but I always lose, because I have no offense.

It's not that I'm blaming the game, I'm making constant line changes and I try to do all kinds of things on offense...not just a one trick show, so it's not like I'm not trying to get stuff going. I'm not blaming the game when I say this, but maybe I just took a team with personnel that doesn't fit well (outside of Henrik, who probably keeps me in every game).

Well, besides Gaborik the Rangers don't really score.

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
    edited November 2009
    Christ almighty I've played a lot of games, I just realized that I only have 4 left:

1 Moody
    1 Heffer
    1 Wolfman
    1 Puffbowski

WilDPanthA05 on
    edited November 2009
    Well, besides Gaborik the Rangers don't really score.

You shut your dirty mouth.
    it's true :(

twmjr on
    edited November 2009
    Hey guys I'm online, and we should relax and play some video games that involve hockey against one another in the comfort of our own cozy-but-ultimately-destitute apartments.

Hey Ashtray on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Alright, here's TUBE'S 5 RULES OF VIDEO GAME GOALTENDING: In order of importance.

1. NEVER use A to leave your crease. Never leave your crease. Never.

2. NEVER use the right stick! Never! As cool as you think it is to try to anticipate the shot direction and blah blah, 9 times out of 10 he'll just shoot low through your wide open 5 hole. Never touch it!

3. NEVER use Y to cover the puck! Ever! Oh, it's cool when you do a flying dive? Yeah, but he misses that most of the time. If he's going to cover it, he will.

4. When you go down, stay down! (heh). Once you're in butterfly, just keep holding left trigger until the pressure is over. If it's a scrum in front of the net and you're down and stay in front of the puck, you'll probably be good.

5. I haven't had much success with desperation saves, so they're a tentative number 5. I do pretty well online, and never use desperation saves.

That's what I've got, maybe other people have some tips, I'm really digging this goalie league. It's way more relaxed, too.

Hey Ashtray on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    So much anger and sadness here. I'll be on tonight, probably. Late-ish. And then Sunday.

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
    edited November 2009
    Hey everyone! It's Cody Lev's (Redfield's) birthday today! Let's all post awesome pictures for his birthday!

http://boboblogger.mu.nu/archives/birthday%20cake.jpg

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
    edited November 2009
    My 5 rules to awesome goaltending after 2 losses of letting up 8 and 10+ goals.

1. never pay attention and let dumped pucks in the net. This may require hitting the back button and just watching the skaters do their thing

2. Do not wait to the 3rd period to pull your goalie, you get to control skaters and it is hella easy to score on you noobs, pull the goalie the entire game

3. Spider Style!

4. try and score goals with your goalie by coming out to the red line

5. hug the post. yeah sure sometimes the goalie will cross the entire crease and go to the opposite post even though you don't want him to, but that is the anti wrap around glitch defense, just wait there, your goalie knows better than you and that the wrap around is coming eventually.... maybe in a few minutes, but it will be totally worth it when you make that save.

edit: fozzie bear

truck-a-sauras on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
    edited November 2009
    Brooks Orpick says happy birthday!

orpikjaws.gif

And then makes you change your underwear.

WilDPanthA05 on
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    You know what was awesome about being sick? Well, one hour of work last Sunday, then I was off Mon-Wed, called out yesterday, and now I hear I only work today and tomorrow then I am off Sun-Mon, then off on Saturday (and probably next sun and mon too for a wedding). Yay for rarely working the past little while.

Fuck birthdays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8HMSf4O2FM

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    edited November 2009
    Holy shit Cody. That is awesome.

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg