As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Uncharted 2: Electric Goddamn Boogaloo

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Also the annoying log crossing shit.

Eh, it hasn't become annoying yet.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Mifio wrote: »
    I'm gonna hop on, see how much I can level up. I used to be awesome at the game, I'm reasonably sure I'm a bit rusty though.
    No 18:2 K/D ratios for me :<
    If I can get over a 1 it's a good night for me. That's why I tend to stick to arena.

JJ on
  • MifioMifio MrrlendRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    JJ wrote: »
    Mifio wrote: »
    I'm gonna hop on, see how much I can level up. I used to be awesome at the game, I'm reasonably sure I'm a bit rusty though.
    No 18:2 K/D ratios for me :<
    If I can get over a 1 it's a good night for me. That's why I tend to stick to arena.

Well. The thing I'm good at is Deathmatch. I love it when I do something completely awesome without really meaning to. For instance, I'm on Plaza, and our team rushes at each other, it turns out. I'm alone against 4 of the other team. I shoot one, he goes into cover, I whip around, blat him, grab his grnade launcher, and kill the other three. At the same time. It was wicked. And two of the people I killed had mics, so I sat and listened to them cuss at me until I respawned. It was even better because a. they were both little kids. And b. they both sucked so I killed them again and again and again. finished off with a nice 19:7 K/D. I was pleased. :3

Mifio on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2010
    Lame. I was hoping to get to rank 40 last night, but the cash weekend must have stopped at 12am EST. Still, 21 to 37 ain't bad for 3 days.

JJ on
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    picked this up again after months of not playing, but i'm still working on the single player. i made an attempt at the online awhile back but was really bad, are there any good tutorials about what to do online, or do you just gotta practice until your aren't constantly losing with a negative K:D?

Feldorn on
  • ThreepioThreepio New Westminster, BCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It's that time again! It's Double Cash weekend!
    The folks at Naughty Dog are rolling out an update to the online play for 2009’s Game of the Year, Uncharted 2. “The Lab” is a new type of playlist that will be active every other weekend, focusing on a singular gamplay type with unique challenges.

The Lab rolls out with it’s first game type, here’s how it was announced on the Official PlayStation Blog:
    2 vs. 2 Team Deathmatch
    Grab a partner for this small- to medium-size map mow-down. You’ve got 15 minutes to rack up 25 kills, or more than the other team, to prove your small-team superiority. I’m going to recommend now that you’re going to want pick a reliable teammate you want to play with over the weekend…

In honour of the launch of The Lab it’s Double Cash weekend for Uncharted 2, with the cash cap per map raised to $150,000. Get out there and ring up some levels!

Starts: Friday, May 28, 10:00 AM PDT
    Ends: Tuesday, June 1, 10:00 AM PDT

I'm rogerwilco on PSN if you're up for a match.

Threepio on
    142.jpg
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Apparently, we might be getting some story based DLC focused on Elena.

-Loki- on
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    You've reminded me how much I love this game. I need to play some more multi.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    new single player dlc would be pretty fucking awesome, i think. i should pop this in sometime and play some multiplayer, i havent played since probably a month after it came out.

Ah_Pook on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I could go for some more co-op missions. The ones in the game were so damned hard but fantastic.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • BakerIsBoredBakerIsBored Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I need to get my copy back from my friend. It's time to Platinum this. :)

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • enderjsvenderjsv Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    How has no one mentioned how bad the movie adaptation of this game is going to be? Have you all read this article?

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/01/david-o-russell-talks-about-his-vision-for-the-uncharted-movie/

I'm actually angry about this.

enderjsv on
    edited December 2010
    I think we were all just trying to pretend it didn't exist.

Mr_Grinch on
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I...
    MOTHERFUCKER!

Fuck that guy.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    enderjsv wrote: »
    How has no one mentioned how bad the movie adaptation of this game is going to be? Have you all read this article?

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/01/david-o-russell-talks-about-his-vision-for-the-uncharted-movie/

I was giong to post this when I saw it last week, but I couldn't even find this thread.

But yeah, it's basically better to pretend it doesn't exist. Look at it this way - people without a PS3 can get their Uncharted fix like this. People with a PS3 can just play the far superior game.

-Loki- on
  • enderjsvenderjsv Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    -Loki- wrote: »
    enderjsv wrote: »

I was giong to post this when I saw it last week, but I couldn't even find this thread.

But yeah, it's basically better to pretend it doesn't exist. Look at it this way - people without a PS3 can get their Uncharted fix like this. People with a PS3 can just play the far superior game.

I always just use google to find threads. Type "penny arcade forum" and then the name of the game, and the thread almost always comes up.

enderjsv on
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Well, that's...something. Let's have a bit of good news, yeah? Uncharted 2 is celebrating Hanukkah!
    The great thing about December is that is has a ton of holidays and if there’s anything we love at Naughty Dog, it’s holidays – because they give us reason to do cool things for our UNCHARTED 2 multiplayer community.

Hanukkah just started yesterday and will run through sundown on Thursday, December 9, this year. We were talking about running Double Cash during the full eight days, but one of our game designers did us one better. He suggested we run a progressive multiplier for each day of Hanukkah.

We’ve started observing the Hanukkah holiday on Wednesday, December 1, with 1x cash. At around 10:30 AM PST on Thursday, December 2, we will kick up the bonus to 2x. Each subsequent day the multiplier will go up by one at roughly the same time.

Day one is only 1x cash, but day two (Thursday, December 2) is 2x cash, day three (Friday, December 3) is 3x cash and so on, ending with a never before seen 8x cash on the last day of Hanukkah!

Our progressive cash multiplier event will end at around sundown – just before 5:00 PM PST on Thursday, December 9.

So go play some MP to forget about the movie!

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    I think we were all just trying to pretend it didn't exist.

Yup. I'm pretending real hard.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I have no idea how an Uncharted movie could be screwed up since they basically have the damn script in the game, but they're obviously trying their hardest.

Kyougu on
    edited December 2010
    I have no idea why an Uncharted movie is necessary. Uncharted is pretty much "Indiana Jones - The Game". So the Uncharted movie will end up being Indiana Jones the Movie of the Video Game of the Movie.

Mr_Grinch on
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Because did you see Indiana Jones the movie?

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • WishpigWishpig Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    JC: "When I was eight, I was trapped in an elevator with a man who had just mugged me. It was the most traumatic experience of my life. I think I was able to tap into that feeling of fear when I was writing the script for Sonic Spinball."

Wow that article is as awesome as depressing.

Wishpig on
    WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.
    622545-8-1261525714230.jpg

Image by Sharpwriter on deviantart.com
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    I have no idea why an Uncharted movie is necessary. Uncharted is pretty much "Indiana Jones - The Game". So the Uncharted movie will end up being Indiana Jones the Movie of the Video Game of the Movie.

Except it's not

It's gonna be about artifact trafficking in New York City or some shit

Uncharted is one of those games like Max Payne where adapting it into a movie is the easiest fucking thing in the world and they still manage to fuck it up somehow

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • MalechaiMalechai Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    It almost seemed like they were trying to flesh out a back-story and decided to just keep going with the wild tangent they created and screw the source material. Or they could just be drooling morons that don't know a good story when it's staring them in the face.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • l337CrappyJackl337CrappyJack Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Actually, more often it's a script somebody's already written, and then they stick the name of an existing character or franchise onto it to gain some brand recognition.

l337CrappyJack on
    edited December 2010
    So are the people who play this online now RIDICULOUSLY good? Because I just picked up a copy for a friend so we could play some coop and we may delve in to the other modes too...and I haven't played multiplayer on it since release.

Mr_Grinch on
  • BladeOfSanjuroBladeOfSanjuro Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Last time I played was a few months back and the dudes on there were scary good... maybe there will be a new influx around the holiday?

BladeOfSanjuro on
    steam_sig.png
  • EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    It's been a few months since I played but I felt like I held my own then. Of course many many wasted hours in MAG improving my accuracy probably has a lot to do with that. I do still prefer the co-op missions over TDM.

Feel free to ping me Grinch if you're ever looking for a 3rd.

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Okay so the movie idea sounds like crap. But...At least Uwe Boil isnt directing it.

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
    edited December 2010
    azith28 wrote: »
    Okay so the movie idea sounds like crap. But...At least Uwe Boil isnt directing it.

Uwe Ball (whatever) isn't the only director that makes shitty movies.

In the Name of the King was awesome.

Feldorn on
    edited December 2010
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    It's been a few months since I played but I felt like I held my own then. Of course many many wasted hours in MAG improving my accuracy probably has a lot to do with that. I do still prefer the co-op missions over TDM.

Feel free to ping me Grinch if you're ever looking for a 3rd.

Will do! May well be one of the nights soon, I posted the game to my friend today. I forgot it was 3 player coop :)

Mr_Grinch on
    edited December 2010
    Those co-op missions were fantastic and unforgiving.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    There was an in-game multiplayer achievement for making it through one of the co-op missions with only two people and on the hardest setting.

Carbonfire and I did it. 8-)

adytum on
    edited December 2010
    i've never done the co-op, it would be fun, all i've ever done on MP is get my ass kicked in TDM.

Feldorn on
  • EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Are enough of you guys still playing multi? I just got some PMs since the thread was bumped but I feel like the list is woefully out of date.

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
    edited December 2010
    I've been playing recently because of the crazy multiplyer that's going on. 150k plus per coop game. Getting into competive games has been hard. Not as many players as there used to be I guess.

JJ on
    edited December 2010
    I might play on the 8th day of Hanukkah

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

edited December 2010
    Awesome. $1.6 million on an 18 minute game of chain reaction bringing me to level 50. I'll miss these times.

JJ on
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Just played some awesome matches with Kaseius on this. We did have a little problem with keeping players and then getting players. Our first match, two people dropped out during, and the next match, we ended up just straight four vs. four. Then two more people dropped and it just went to three vs. three for the third match instead of picking people up along the way. In the last match, one of the guys on my team dropped so it turned into three vs. two. Dunno if people are just quitting, or if connections are kind of bad, but I also don't know why it wasn't, like, -finding- people.

Still, it was crazy fun, and I can't believe how much I've missed this game.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Might be time to dust this off and give it another play-through. Certainly deserved it (except for the terrible final boss fight and for the terrible final boss in general, really. Mr Generic Forgethisname I think he was called).

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png