As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

In need of a new video card...

stigweardstigweard Registered User regular
that doesn't sound like a model jet engine. I currently have a single slot 8800gt that does pretty well but the fan hits about 65db and it drives me nuts (idling it is in the db is in the low 30s). So, I'm looking to upgrade to something with more rendering power and hopefully better efficiency to lower the volume when gaming. I have a few physx enabled games but I am not averse to getting an ati card if the bang for the buck and low noise level is better. Many of the review sites still don't have good sound data so I am looking to pa for opinions on higher end cards - preferably gtx260 core 216 (or 5570) or better.

stigweard on

• Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The 5770 is an amazingly power efficient card, I'd be surprised if it wasn't the quietest card of similar power.

This is what HardOCP said:
    What fan noise? Seriously, if you can hear the fans of the Radeon HD 5750 or Radeon HD 5770 you must have Spock ears. They performed quietly for us, never reaching volumes over our one 120mm fan on the side or the CPU fan, even during full GPU loads.

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)