Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

PS3 Freezing issue

RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
edited November 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
So last night I turn on my PS3 and it goes to the XMB. Fine and dandy just like always. I set the controller down go to the kitchen to get some water and come back and start to move around the XMB and notice... well it's not moving. It's frozen. But... well... what? I can hear the "clicking noise" of the XMB.

So that's that. What do I do? What are my options? I've been having a lot of problems with my PS3 lately doing things like this, but it would usually only freeze up during really heavy games (Fallout 3, Oblivion, Assassin's Creed), not the XMB. I have one of the original 60 GB PS3s. I bought it used from Gamestop a few months after the PS3 release, so I'm pretty sure that it's not under warranty anymore.

Am I just shit out of luck and have to purchase a new PS3 or do I have options to fix this? I've not tried contacting Sony yet.

Please help me. A little over a month until Christmas and there's so many awesome games I want to play. :(

Ryadic on
steam_sig.png