As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Free MMO Überlist

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, I don't even like nudity in videogames, because my mom is a god damn wizard in the art of opening doors without knocking.

Aldo on
  • Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Have I ever told you that you have the best avatar ever, Aldo? Because I believe you do. Nothing can conquer the might of newly born pygmy hippos.

Liquid Ghost on
    edited May 2011
    Why thank you, he's called Aldo, just like me.

--

There's a new racing game coming out http://www.autoclubrevolution.com/ , not sure what to make of it yet, but CB starts in July, so I hope I can get some more info soon.

*e: it looks nice in the screenshots.

Aldo on
  • EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Aldo wrote: »
    Why thank you, he's called Aldo, just like me.

--

There's a new racing game coming out http://www.autoclubrevolution.com/ , not sure what to make of it yet, but CB starts in July, so I hope I can get some more info soon.

*e: it looks nice in the screenshots.

This racing game looks really nice. It looks very community oriented and aimed at racing enthusiasts more than MMO enthusiasts. Which is totally a good thing in my eyes.

EDIT: Also dont know if this is listed: Realms Online Looks like a crappy WoW wannabe to me. But there it is.

On another note Company of Heroes Online permanently closed it doors back in March if anyone noticed that. It sucked compared the the normal version of the game so this isnt surprising.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    That Realms Online thing is, from top to bottom, quite possibly the most generic and unappealing MMO I've seen in a long time.

Liquid Ghost on
    edited May 2011
    That Realms Online thing is, from top to bottom, quite possibly the most generic and unappealing MMO I've seen in a long time.

Thats pretty much what i got from it as well.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
    edited May 2011
    Realms Online is, indeed, a painful experience. Every single thing about it completely boring and uninspired to the point of being offensive. The races are completely generic. The classes are completely generic. There's a nightmarish feast of low quality models and textures everywhere. The interface makes me want to chew my own legs off.

The sound and music were weird and buggy for me, with completely random spikes across different audio channels that would often result in ambient noise randomly drowning out everything else. The graphical effects would be perfectly at home in a fucking PS2 game. Not something good like Shadow of the Colossus, either. More like Eternal Ring.

Also, how come every garbage free MMO has to brag about their RvR/PvP combat? They call it "intense" on the main page. It's not. There's no real fucking reason to do it. It's a drawn out affair that concludes with you speaking to the blandly named Gold Dragon in order to hand out gold/exp increases, buffs, debuffs, and maybe something else that I wasn't able to read very well, because my depth perception was all fucked up after I shoved a pencil into my eye.

Basically, RuneScape 3D and the original EverQuest fucked in a filthy, piss-soaked bathroom stall and had a baby that was delivered via the rectal cavity. Avoid. Desperately.

Liquid Ghost on
  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Got into that Rusty Hearts closed beta, but it doesn't start for another week or two. I think they're giving away beta keys for people in the beta to give away as well, so I'll post when I get those.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
    edited May 2011
    Hell yes. I'd like a key at some point in the somewhat near future. I want to shove my face right into that delicious bosom.

The Rusty Heart bosom, I mean. Nevermind. I'll go now.

Liquid Ghost on
  • AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Thats pretty much what i got from it as well.

They get props for using the Wilhelm scream in the trailer at least!

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
    edited May 2011
    Id love a Rusty Hearts key as well, if entirely possible.

I also got into the Eden Eternal beta, it looks awful but i'll try it anyways.

Also Dragonica got its name changed to "DragonSaga" for some stupid reason, but i guess they had to change the name to something more generic, considering it has now been revamped by its new owners to add ancient China themed areas. *Puke* Way to take a decent game and then actively put effort into making it generic and worse.

Elimination on
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Really? Really? :?

I guess ancient China is the new RO when it comes to shit every underwhelming MMO copies in a desperate attempt to try and be as popular as whatever the original game that spawned the cliche was.

Glal on
  • MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Wow, Rusty Hearts looks like it could be pretty fun. It looks like Vindictus, but kinda cooler. I am a fan of cell shading and anime, so yeah.

Also, I got into the Hellgate London Beta. I will let you all know how it is next weekend when it actually starts. :D

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Publius Aelius HadrianusPublius Aelius Hadrianus Permanently bland Seattle, Washington Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Publius Aelius Hadrianus on
    2dk9ta8.gif
  • ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I tried SUN a few years ago I think. I don't remember much other than that it was very typical fare and was unimpressed.

Scosglen on
  • Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    SUN is standard grind gameplay. Completely forgettable .

Who-Psyd on
    edited May 2011

There is no fun to be had in this game. It is grindy and boring, and not nearly as pretty as the screenshots make it out to be. Plus gender locked pre-made characters the level along a pre-set path with very little deviation. Not fun times.

Elimination on
    edited May 2011
    Elimination on
  • AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Wow I'm surprised they're doing giveaways for RH, I just signed up on their site and within 5 minutes had 3 beta keys.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
    edited May 2011
    Yes. Everyone who gets a key gets 2 more to give out.

Beta doesn't start till July though, so whatever.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    stream
  • Publius Aelius HadrianusPublius Aelius Hadrianus Permanently bland Seattle, Washington Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Publius Aelius Hadrianus on
    2dk9ta8.gif
    edited May 2011
    edited May 2011
    I am going to have to snag one of those when I get home...

If they run out, I will be on here begging. :D

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
    edited May 2011
    Check your PM, Lord Wang.

Liquid Ghost on
    edited May 2011
    Check your PM, Lord Wang.

Thanks! :D

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    edited May 2011
    edited May 2011
    Could someone send me one as well, please?

--

Btw, my motivation to play SMT: Imagine has dwindled considerably as of late. The support the game is getting is quite disheartening. They have announced a small patch so many times now, yet nothing is coming. I was hoping they would release more content to allow players to get to the higher levels easier, but that's absolutely not the case. It doesn't help that the bloke who was powerleveling me wasn't online much any more and the expertise grinds I had started on were so boring it just wasn't fun any more.

Aldo on
    edited May 2011
    edited May 2011
    Aldo wrote: »
    Could someone send me one as well, please?

--

Btw, my motivation to play SMT: Imagine has dwindled considerably as of late. The support the game is getting is quite disheartening. They have announced a small patch so many times now, yet nothing is coming. I was hoping they would release more content to allow players to get to the higher levels easier, but that's absolutely not the case. It doesn't help that the bloke who was powerleveling me wasn't online much any more and the expertise grinds I had started on were so boring it just wasn't fun any more.

Theres also the fact that there is absolutely no point in leveling up after a certain spot if you arent interested in the crappy PVP they have on it. The content just totally dries up at a certain point.

Elimination on
    edited May 2011
    Theres also the fact that there is absolutely no point in leveling up after a certain spot if you arent interested in the crappy PVP they have on it. The content just totally dries up at a certain point.
    Indeed, but I would have liked being around lv60-70 to be able to do nearly all content. My goal was simply to make an OP character, which is relatively easy, if you can set aside a few weeks of your life to grind out your expertise and grind a few million to buy good items.

The game will hold a special place in my heart, though. The game is so unforgiving yet it makes no attempts to prevent people from being overpowered. The combination means that in the beginning you get killed by a pixie, but near the end you can one-shot gods.

Aldo on
    edited May 2011
    Yeah my mage can one shot/two shot entire rooms of monsters without issue.

Heres 2 Rusty Hearts keys:

CKR12-H9J-81CJ

ZKT71-R6J-43PD

Elimination on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    eh having a hell of a time signing up for perfect world. i hit submit and nothing really happens

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited May 2011
    Oh well then. I'll pm a key to the first 2 people who ask.

Page- on
    stream
  • AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011

Heres 2 Rusty Hearts keys:

ZKT71-R6J-43PD

Took this one thanks. :)

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • FrederickDyversFrederickDyvers Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    2 more Rusty Heart keys for interested parties:
    MZJ25-R3K-49YS

PAB99-X8S-21XB

FrederickDyvers on
    edited May 2011
    I'm thinking about starting up a Twitter account for this thread. Sounds like an easy way to share minor news and inform interested parties about updates (provided I update that one). Are you guys active on Twitter?

Aldo on
    edited May 2011
    Twitter is the worst thing the internet has ever produced.

Page- on
    stream
    edited May 2011
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm there.

Glal on
    edited June 2011
    Got 2 more Rusty Hearts beta keys in the email today.

Page- on
    stream
This discussion has been closed.