As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

IT'S BRUUUTAL!! (Metalocalypse Thread)

amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhourThe woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
edited October 2010 in Debate and/or Discourse
So there's this Band... CALLED DETHKLOK
the_metalocalypse_has_begun_by_cron.jpg

And they're the greatest band on earth, and the world's 12th largest economy, and they play the best music and lot's and lots of people die.

Here are the members...

Nathan Explosion: The lead singer and most brutal singer in the universe

Skwisgaar Skwigelf: The world's fastest guitarist. Enough said

Toki Wartooth: Not an original member of the band, but the most hardcore once he gets pissed off.

Pickles: The drummer. Used to play for snakes n barrels before they got clean, then died horribly from an OD on some LSD that created hallucinations that killed their audience

William Murderface: The bassist. He can play the bass with his penis....

This show comes on Sundays on Adult Swim after Venture Bros.

Discuss how awesome it is...

edit:

The new season is shaping up to be as good as the last two. The best part of the premiere was...

Toki's endangered species room, complete with giant sea tortoise, panda rugs, and a condor bottle opener

are YOU on the beer list?
amateurhour on

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I liked the Scream Activated Interior Lighting.

"You come home, it's dark, where are my keys?

WAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!

Over there."

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Commander 598Commander 598 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Pickles: The drummer. Used to play for snakes n barrels before they got clean, then died horribly from an OD on some LSD that created hallucinations that killed their audience

You left out the part where Pickles took the stuff too and was totally unaffected.

The new season is shaping up to be as good as the last two. The best part of the premiere was...

Nah, the best part was
    when Ofdensen suddenly reappears in the band's darkest hour. It was like a miracle!

Commander 598 on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

You left out the part where Pickles took the stuff too and was totally unaffected.

Nah, the best part was
    when Ofdensen suddenly reappears in the band's darkest hour. It was like a miracle!
    I'll agree with that actually. What makes the show good is that it's positively, never gonna happen unbelievable. The idea of the band losing all of their money and becoming washed up nobodies or signing a new contract would have pissed me off. I like that there are two forces trying to destroy the world, Ofdensen is trying to manage that, and the band just gets to be the band, and do wacky stuff

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I really didn't like season 2 as much as the first one. It seemed like it relied too much on gore for gore's sake, and really abused the "whole band talking at once and not listening to each other" gag.

Delzhand on
  • Options
    TalleyrandTalleyrand Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So I take it I'm gonna have to wait another week for this to be released on their website.

Talleyrand on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Holy shit. HOLY SHIT. HOLY SHIT. SEASON 3 ALREADY?

Holy shit.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    VistiVisti Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So, man.

Small really bammed the vocals up a couple of notches in the new music, huh?

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ofdensen is really one of the best characters.

And yes Nathan Explosion has been taking vocal lessons. I am fine with that.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Is this the first time they showed the original 2nd guitarist? I wonder if that means he'll show up this season at some point.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So what is the evil cabal of leaders trying to do? Rule the world or destroy the band?

emnmnme on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Visti wrote: »
    So, man.

Small really bammed the vocals up a couple of notches in the new music, huh?

Black Fire Upon Us

Cantido on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Haha, that is ridiculous. They're so far beyond parody that they're actually just a pretty good melodic death band now. Except with awesome lyrics.

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, that's actually pretty good. I'd listen to that as music outside the context of the show.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    This season should be utterly great. Besides the two great scenes already mentioned my favorite was
    Nathan WTF Punching the record exec for the second time in the show

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    emnmnme wrote: »
    So what is the evil cabal of leaders trying to do? Rule the world or destroy the band?

They haven't made the motives of those guys clear for two seasons so far. All they do is 'watch.' I think that's part of the joke.

And that guy Saletcia gets a cooler chair every season.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    best
    show
    ever

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Oh GOD YES. I'm getting caught up on Adult Swim.com, and they have a season 3 episode up. It seems they're fleshing out an record label. This is the EXACT direction I wanted Metalocalypse to go.

Cantido on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Oh, man. If episode 3:1 is any indication, the show is getting back to what made season 1 awesome.

Delzhand on
  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Awesome premiere.

I'm glad they've finally gone to half-hour shows; too often it seemed liked they really had to rush to get everything crammed into 15 minutes.

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I almost made this thread the other day.

I loves this show.

Dethklok puts on a kick ass show, might I add. I almost broke my nose and got my earplugs knocked out of my head. Brruuuttal.

The song they "featured" in the season premiere sounded pretty bad ass, as well. The vocals were different from how he normally screams, but it's pretty kick ass.
    I love how they were listing of their official sounding manager titles and how Toki was sad about being stuck doing snacks. Toki is by far my favorite character.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    "This is so fucking expensive it makes me horny"

What an awesome premier.

BloodySloth on
  • Options
    VeeVee Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I loved the way Toki was trying to cook food as the snack manager. He's my favorite <3

Vee on
  • Options
    ProPatriaMoriProPatriaMori Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Second season seemed to kind of fall flat for me and I lost track. Picked up with the last episode from last season (which I enjoyed) and this premier. Sweet.

ProPatriaMori on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Also, I might add that my wife and I are fluent in Toki and have a habit of going into the voice to each other daily. We call pop-sickles pops-cockles and when my wife has a problem she says "Whys everythings has to be so hards fors the Tokis?"

That means I win.

Also, OP you spelled Dethklok wrong, you shameful person.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    hesthefastesthesthefastest Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    This thread could really use some more zaz.

hesthefastest on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, how about we zazz it up a bit.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Got any room for any more zazz in here?

Cantido on
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I got to see Dethklok (with Mastodon) live two weeks ago. Man it was so awesome. The highlight was watching Small have a conversation with himself in all the voices.

I love Dethalbum II. It's kind of dials back on the funny, but amps up the BRUTAL!

I'm usually not a fan of sequel songs, but Murmaider II is like my favorite song right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvxmb_xr6KY

My only regret is that I live in Canada and don't get Adult Swim, so I have to find other ways to watch Metalocalypse episodes.

Dissociater on
  • Options
    pollofacepolloface Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Gonna guess you went to the Detroit show, I was there too. :P

And yeah, this and venture makes my Sunday nights my favorite now.

polloface on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Toronto show actually, being in Canada and all :D

Oct 23, so I guess a bit more than two weeks ago. So much fun.

Dissociater on
  • Options
    pollofacepolloface Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ahh ok, diddn't know they went up there, must have been right after my show a few weeks ago.

Too bad I went for the cartoon band and not the real band that put me to sleep.

I am not hardcore at all.

polloface on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I was actually looking for Mastodon shows, and then I saw that they were the opening band, and holy crap, they're opening for Dethklok!? I bought tickets so fast.

Dissociater on
  • Options
    unknownsome1unknownsome1 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I enjoy watching this show. The songs are pretty cool and the season premier was one of the funniest episodes.

unknownsome1 on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    I've said this before but I'm a little dissapointed in Dethalbum II. It's a lot more thrashy than what I like. Murmaider II is the best song on the album because it resembles the style of music on Dethalbum so much better.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I've said this before but I'm a little dissapointed in Dethalbum II. It's a lot more thrashy than what I like. Murmaider II is the best song on the album because it resembles the style of music on Dethalbum so much better.

It took me some getting used to, that's for sure. It is a lot thrashier, but there are some gems in there. My biggest disappointment with it was that I didn't find it as funny as the first album. But musically, it can stand on its own, and I generally don't really like Death Metal.

Dissociater on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    UEAKCrash wrote: »

Also, OP you spelled Dethklok wrong, you shameful person.

Death Clock.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Holy crap, the
    manager's return was epic.

"You boys got a show to do. Don't worry, i'll be right here when you're done. I'm gunna have a little meeting with these guys."

*Cue terrified looks on the recording executive's faces.*

FUCK. YES.

Dude's like the Gandalf of metal, coming back like that.

Archonex on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Second season seemed to kind of fall flat for me and I lost track. Picked up with the last episode from last season (which I enjoyed) and this premier. Sweet.

Really? Second season was much better for me. I did, however, still love Season 1.

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Captain VashCaptain Vash Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I think proper introduction for the band is thus:

Skwisgaar Skwigelf, taller than a tree

Toki Wartooth, not a bumblebee

William Murderface Murderface Murderface Murderface

Pickles, the drummer, doodily doodily doodily doo

Nathan Explosion.

Captain Vash on
    twitterforweb.Stuckens.1,1,500,f4f4f4,0,c4c4c4,000000.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I think proper introduction for the band is thus:

Toki Wartooth, not a bumblebee

Skwisgaar Skwigelf, taller than a tree

Pickles, the drummer, doodily doodily doodily doo

William Murderface Murderface Murderface Murderface

Nathan Explosion.

Except the order, I think that's right, too.

Dissociater on