As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Post your work space thread!

Arden CaneloArden Canelo Registered User regular
edited November 2009 in Artist's Corner
You know, desks/studios/creative stations...where the magic happens! :winky:

Bonus points for complexity and general badassery. Of course whatever that means is up to interpretation.
Negative points for food and trash - empty soda cans are acceptable.

I have no digital camera and I'm not buying a disposable just for this so I can't show mine. Its stupid and boring anyway.

So here are some examples of work spaces.
My_Messy_Workspace_by_JowieL.jpg
My_artist__s_workspace_by_Smocza_wl.jpg
my_studio_by_elliegreco.jpg

Make post!

Arden Canelo on

• Options
    BuckwolfeBuckwolfe Starts With Them, Ends With Us Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    For a moment, I thought the doll in the case was some badass replica from Paprika, but the dress pattern is different.

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    off to a bad start with the failure to post your own. I have been curious as to what other forumers' work areas are like though.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    off to a bad start with the failure to post your own. I have been curious as to what other forumers' work areas are like though.

So I can't post mine. Why don't you post yours, mister tough guy?

Arden Canelo on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I believe he meant that its bad etiquette to make a thread about posting photos of our work space, without including ones of your own. I realize you said you don't have a digital camera, and don't intend to buy a disposable one for this purpose, but that also makes your thread kind of meaningless.

If you aren't even going to take the effort to post images of your own work area, why even bother?

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Uh because I thought it was a fun idea to post work spaces, but I unfortunately I can't post my own? I know its a rule to post your own work in your own thread, I just view this as a community thread that I can't participate in for a reason I have. I'm not trying to get up in anyone's grill here.

Arden Canelo on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=64846

This is a fantastic thread here.

A lot of smart, technical people post here.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Dude, no one is getting on your case about it. Its just the general consensus that if you're going to make a thread involving art, or pictures, etc. that you post your own. Its kind of your obligation as the OP. But seeing as how you can't, it's not a big deal. Really. If it were, this thread would have been filled with pages of flames, or locked by now. Someone might have even brought up the subject of sandwiches! But they haven't.

Although it might be nice if you hinted at posting your own photos within a reasonable time, ya know? Just saying.

EDIT: If I actually had an interesting work space, I'd probably take pictures of it for the thread. But I'm currently living in my mum's old craft room. My basic setup is a plain mid sized desk, with my laptop, cintiq, and two crap Altec Lansing speakers, in front of two windows facing the rising sun. There's usually an empty or full 40oz bottle in the corner. It depends on the time of day. My old set up was virtually the same, but with more toys. Sadly they have been packed away in storage to converse space.

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    exfauxsureexfauxsure Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Art corner/desk (mostly my gf's and we keep it tidy so nothing to look at)
    DSC_0003.jpg

My office area (for photos/music)
    DSC_0007.jpg

exfauxsure on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    You have "allergies" too, eh?

Yuck yuck yuck.

I have that same journal/notebook actually. B&N?

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    "allergies"?

I cant remember where I got this book, somewhere in Seattle sometime.

exfauxsure on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Fuck it....I was trying to make a subtle joke regarding the tissue box's proximity to your computer. Masturbation joke fail.

...Is that a Marv action figure?

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Ah I get you now, actually I can honestly say I dont know why "we" decided the desk was the best place for the tissue box considering I havent been sick in over a year and never have runny nose problems...

Yes it is indeed a Marv figure that came with his gun (gladys), a hacksaw, a fuel canister and a hatchet. Right beside/behind him is where I keep my Sin City playing cards.

exfauxsure on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I remember I saw SC at its midnight showing. At the time I thought it was good, or at least worth owning. I haven't seen it in a couple years, but I kinda want to watch it again. Its packed away in storage somewhere though, with the bulk of my dvds. I miss having instant access to them.D:

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I will post mine when I get home and your heads will explode.

rts on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Oh! I'm so excited that I just migh--

BOOM!!

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    Try again? Next time don't fuck it up? This isn't Chat 2.0? I dunno, take your pick.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
This discussion has been closed.