Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Modern Warfare 2: Complete map collection in OP! (NSF56K)

PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 I believe they disproved that on Mythbusters...Registered User regular
edited November 2009 in Games and Technology
It's out now, folks! Why aren't you playing it?

MODERNWARFARETITLE.png

Hello and welcome to the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 thread! While posting here and playing with other people remember:

a) Have fun.
b) Don’t be a dick, even if doing so accomplishes a) for you.

Ground Rules

I've PM'd Echo about these, since I don't want to come off sounding like I think I have Mod-like powers, but I'll post them in this spoiler and let you guys decide whether they sound reasonable.
Spoiler:

Work-around to lack of Party Chat by Sivraj:
Spoiler:

Multiplayer Facts
Spoiler:

Awesome video time! I know I've missed some, but they can always be added later.

What about weapons, perks, etc?

Weapons/equipment list plus unlock levels courtesy of Mechanical.
Spoiler:

Sweet map pictures! Images found on this dude's photobucket account.
Spoiler:

Primary weapon attachment list with help from Kris_xK (Secondary weapon attachment list pending):
Spoiler:

Perk list also courtesy of Mechanical (and completed with help from Kris_xK):
Spoiler:

Kill/Deathstreak list:
Spoiler:

Neogaf's thread is alright for some other info and pretty pictures.

I want to play with people on this forum!

(X360) Friends List for that console which overheats a lot:

We've got a CoD Clan Meta-Tag run by Burtletoy: A PA CoD Clan

A PA CoD Clan is now full! At some point we're probably going to have to create a second tag, so bear with us.

There's also PA CoD4, which is an older account with a lot of names on it, I think it was being run by I King Kong I. It probably isn't being maintained anymore, FYI.

(PS3) Friends List for that console which people seem to laugh out loud about for some reason:
Spoiler:
(PC) Friends List for that console which actually isn’t a console and uses some sort of program called ‘Storm’, or whatever.
Spoiler:

We also have a Steam group! Contact Fleck0 through Steam if you want an invite or if you have any other questions.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pamw2

And finally, a funny:

707743737_9t9ZR-L.jpg

PaperLuigi44 on

• CommunistCowCommunistCow Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Mechanical wrote: »
    Are Akimbo SMGs worthwhile?

Do you enjoy aiming? If not, go for it. I don't advocate them myself as I like to hit what I'm shooting.

in smaller maps its fun as hell but its not the best way to play. I do it for my own amusement. Running around a corner spraying 2 rapid fire akimbo ump45s is just fun. Amazingly i do manage to kill a decent number of people.

edit: it just might take a clip or two to do it.

No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The problem about using guns is that when you come around the corner and shoot, you are usually dead because on the other guy's machine you have been around the corner for half a second already.

And the problem with using knives is that you knife a guy in the back but then you die because on his screen he already turned around half a second before and knifed you.

So basically,the only way to play is to be host. Or american.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • pogo1250pogo1250 Registered User
    edited November 2009
    Klyka wrote: »
    The problem about using guns is that when you come around the corner and shoot, you are usually dead because on the other guy's machine you have been around the corner for half a second already.

And the problem with using knives is that you knife a guy in the back but then you die because on his screen he already turned around half a second before and knifed you.

i think someone is bitter

310457-1.png
    edited November 2009
    pogo1250 wrote: »

i think someone is bitter

Nah, just German.

Also,I do enjoy my crazy knifing. I haven't shot a single gun in this game in 3 days.
    I live and die by the knife.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, the game wouldnt be quite as annoying if it werent for the kill cams showing you that what happened and what you originally saw happen were not remotely the same.

The amount of times ive shot a guy in the face, died, then saw his kill cam where he looked at me for 3 seconds after i turned the corner, shot me while I never fired a shot is pretty insane.

I find in order to enjoy this game i have to switch up my style every 4 days or so. Right now Im on a big "lay in some bushes in the middle of the map with a sniper" kick. Having people walk right next to you, or even lay down on top of you is exhillirating. I cant wait until I get cold blooded pro so people stop shooting at team mates near me and seeing my name pop up.

Also, team mates need to stop standing by me when preditor drones come in. The number of matches ive gone 14-1 cause some d-bag decided sitting next to a sniper while a big explosion targets him was a good idea is disheartening.

616610-1.png
  • Rubix42Rubix42 Registered User
    edited November 2009
    Just on a side note, I think it's really funny that no matter what your play style is, people think it's cheating.

Sit back and snipe, protecting yourself with claymore? Camper noob you suck I quit.
    Stabby Roberto time? Knifer noob, you suck I quit.
    Assault rifle grenade launcher? Noob tube jerk, you suck I quit
    Dual SMG's? Akimbo noob, you suck I quit.
    Stand there and die? Ah, finally, someone I can play with that doesn't cheat...

signature goes here
  • Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Not had that issue at all in the UK...tend to get the jump, but then I did play COD4 MP for about a year solid.

Oh and knife builds can be fun at times, but I tend to single out "I am leet and will rush you" types and rape them all match, like the guy I had 2 games with who was running at everyone with dual sawn off shotguns, jumping like it was Halo to avoid head-shots and generally thinking he was the shit and we were no threat...

...I singled him out completely, think you can rush my RPD with grip and holographic? nope, oh you went prone, I think I can handle aiming at the ground, oh your jumping about, I have to move my thumb a millimeter up to hit you...

• eatmosushieatmosushi __BANNED USERS
    edited November 2009
    riot shield

riot shield

whatcha gonna do?
    whatcha gonna do?

when i come for you.

riot shield riot shield.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    eatmosushi wrote: »
    riot shield

riot shield

whatcha gonna do?
    whatcha gonna do?

when i come for you.

riot shield riot shield.

Grenade attachment. Boom. You're dead.

scarab you have mental problems
    edited November 2009
    also....give me suggestions for getting better. Should I learn to move around more or should i learn the good sniper / "camping" spots on maps? etc. etc.

edited November 2009
    See, stabby roberto is the only one I even find annoying. Mainly because a) i see no counter to it and b) it doesnt seem to take any skill. I mean, im sure picking out your targets to hunt down does take some brains, so it has some. But the physical skill is gone, its simply get close and stab, no twitch. Which is fine, but it would just get old to be real quick.

Gernade launchers are a bit annoying, but good luck killing more then one person per life, the reload is terrible and a good team will kill you after the first shot.

Dual smgs, again, kill one person and his team will probably take you out. Plus, you need to aim at least a bit.

Camping? Find an alternate route, and sneak up on him.

Stabby Roberto...

I guess I could sit in a corner staring at a doorway...all match....

but thats not fun for me, so I go play a match that is. Nothing personal, im not gunna go on live and call people fags and tell them to use a real weapon. Im just going to find a match I enjoy. And if the game devolves into just knives, I'll find a game I enjoy. Life is too short to get stabbed to death over and over again :)

PS: I will ask all you knifers do me a favor and kill anyone you find using the javalin. Ive only experienced it once, but it seemed to me like it was a constant preditor drone...so go stab those guys.

616610-1.png
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Venkman90 wrote: »

Not had that issue at all in the UK...tend to get the jump, but then I did play COD4 MP for about a year solid.

I'm in the UK, and problem seems to be more that I'm running to cover and get killed when I thought I was concealed, when on the other guy's cam I'm clearly in the open. I've had major trouble with knife contests, as well.

@vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • bejeavisbejeavis Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, I swear when the game on my end says "Predator missile, inbound" it must be coming out on my teammates end as "Group photo time, stack the fuck up"

• T3rryT3rry Registered User
    edited November 2009
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Knife builds are the worst...

I can see the fun in it for a few rounds. But it seems to me that it completely takes all the skill out and just throws it up to luck. Are people going to see you run down that coridoor as you search for people to stab? When you turn that corner will they be close enough to stab, or far enough away to shoot? Will they be looking at you?

Seems like everyone who uses a knife build will end up with the same score regardless of skill set...

Ive only been killed by knifers a few times, because I usually quit out on small maps with one. Just not worth my time to not have fun.

if you cant beat em, quit.

edited November 2009
    I will fully admit that I can not beat knife users. Not sure how to unless I camp like crazy, which isnt that fun. So yes, I will quit and do something I enjoy. Its about having fun after all.

616610-1.png
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    My knife build has a riot shield primary to prevent exactly that kind of thing.

@vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
    edited November 2009
    Knife builds do take quite some skill and twitch.

You always have to keep moving, when you have lightweight you are so fast that you sometimes have trouble turning/overshooting spots (you can up your sensitivity to improve on that part) and if you, like me, only use knives and refuse to ever fire a shot, then there's a lot of "running stealth" involved to get close to people.

Every way of playing takes skill,there is no "I chopped off my hands and still get 30 kills" way of playing this.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    edited November 2009
    Well, Ive never done it so I cant disagree with you. But the fact that it seems everyone on this forum talks about how on certain levels they constantly tear it up with the knife build, and go like 20-3, it tells me its a bit easier to do then pew pew. I mean, from what ive heard its like an automatic move to top of the charts. Its the equivilant of collaberating with Timbaland.

616610-1.png
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Knife build doesn't take skill, that's a goddamn lie. I can go 30-6 or so on a knife build. Gun build, I'll be rocking more like 18-12. It's simply easier and annoying.

I mean, I'm using it. I wish it wasn't in the game, though. It definitely changes the flavor.

"Well, look at this. Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What's that make us?"
    "Big Damn Heroes, Sir."
    "Ain't we just."
    edited November 2009
    It all depends.

I just run around like a madman, I don't care if some dude shoots me I will run straight for him.
    I don't care if I get killed over and over again, I will not stop until I stab the guy at least once.

Others might do it differently and play it safe and then stab 25 guys and call in the nuke, but that's not me.
    It's definitely a powerful playstyle because most people just can't cope with it.
    You can "see" them going "HOLY SHIT HE IS SO FAST OMG THAT ASSHOLE KEEPS KNIFING EVERYONE WHAT THE FUCK??". It's very psychological.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    edited November 2009
  • Rubix42Rubix42 Registered User
    edited November 2009
    Well, Ive never done it so I cant disagree with you. But the fact that it seems everyone on this forum talks about how on certain levels they constantly tear it up with the knife build, and go like 20-3, it tells me its a bit easier to do then pew pew. I mean, from what ive heard its like an automatic move to top of the charts. Its the equivilant of collaberating with Timbaland.

You should give it a shot, it doesn't take as much finger skill:winky: but it certainly requires some quick mental thinking. First 5 rounds I used knifer build I went 5-20, 7-15, etc. Then I had a few matches where I went 1-1 K/D ratio, and I've now started being able to go 15-5 and such. It is not an automatic I win button. It takes as much skill as shooting mans, just a different type of skill.

And it is practically useless on wide open maps, unless you have a camo power up, and that doesn't exist in this game. It is a good build for certain gametypes and maps, but is not the end all be all.

signature goes here
    edited November 2009
    Actually, this is the list of "things that make you win":

1. You are the host.
    2. You are American while others are not.
    3. You use Knives.
    4. You pay a chinese man to play the game all day and farm XP for you.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • JokermanJokerman Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I've never had any problems taking out knifers with a FAL or even an M4.

one of my best friends is king knifer, so i made a class called "Bitch smoker" that consist of a riot shield, AA-12, and a throwing knife. He tries to sneak up on me with his knife, and then I either catch him with a throwing knife or school his ass when he gets close with the AA. And when he switches back to using a gun, i just pull out the shield.

Chanus wrote: »
    the best asians are white people
    My blog about Beer!
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    As long as you're American you don't have to be host.

The only thing you ever have to say is, "I wish I was American, this sucks." You should probably move here or play something else till they fix the servers.

"Well, look at this. Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What's that make us?"
    "Big Damn Heroes, Sir."
    "Ain't we just."
  • npreecsnpreecs Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hey, when we're talking about 'knife builds' here, are people using the actual throwing knife, or just clicking right sticks? Because if we're just talking about throwing knives, would you be better off with some sort of silenced weapon? Silent and greatly improved range. And if you're right-stick-clicking, why wouldn't you use the riot shield instead for improved defense?

Xbox Live: Spunkrake -- Looking to build a friend list!
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    This spawn system and whoever thought it was good can go fuck themselves.

edited November 2009
    npreecs wrote: »
    Hey, when we're talking about 'knife builds' here, are people using the actual throwing knife, or just clicking right sticks? Because if we're just talking about throwing knives, would you be better off with some sort of silenced weapon? Silent and greatly improved range. And if you're right-stick-clicking, why wouldn't you use the riot shield instead for improved defense?

Riot Shield isn't a one hit kill.

And we are talking about right stick clicking. I actually prefer tactical insertion to throwing knife, cause I can drop TI before I run in and when I die I can immediately run in again.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    edited November 2009
    Ive ran around with lightweight and a p90, never went less then 1-1. Its probably pretty close to the knife build. Its fun for a bit. Ill probably go a knife kick when Im off my sniper kick. Like I said, I have to try something new every few days for the game to feel fresh. Right now knivers never even see me, because nobody sees me, Im a ghost.

Unless im trying to find cover, then I die 4 times in a row.

But once I am prone, its like watching a war go on around me while I just shoot some poor dude I watched climb to the top of a building, jump 3 more and get in his spot.

The only level I cant keep my deaths under 3 in while sniping is Invasion. There are no good spots to remain undetected.

Seriously, you guys should try it. Lying down in some bushes and killing the 8 people who step on you is great fun, if only for the rush of wondering if they will see you as they walk by.

616610-1.png
    edited November 2009
    Ive ran around with lightweight and a p90, never went less then 1-1. Its probably pretty close to the knife build. Its fun for a bit. Ill probably go a knife kick when Im off my sniper kick. Like I said, I have to try something new every few days for the game to feel fresh. Right now knivers never even see me, because nobody sees me, Im a ghost.

Unless im trying to find cover, then I die 4 times in a row.

But once I am prone, its like watching a war go on around me while I just shoot some poor dude I watched climb to the top of a building, jump 3 more and get in his spot.

The only level I cant keep my deaths under 3 in while sniping is Invasion. There are no good spots to remain undetected.

Seriously, you guys should try it. Lying down in some bushes and killing the 8 people who step on you is great fun, if only for the rush of wondering if they will see you as they walk by.

this sounds like it would require cold blooded and ninja of which i have neither.

edit: also it seems like the javelin would just rape people on wasteland or estate. I can't wait to try it.

• EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Cold blooded pro as that , otherwise their reticule turns red and your dead.

• npreecsnpreecs Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

What build do you use to pull that off? I've played around with sniping just a bit, but I'm pretty bad at being undetected. I've seen people in 'sniper suits', but I never know what kind of outfit I'm wearing until I see it on someone elses kill cam. And I assume you're using some sort of ninja/jammer/cold-blooded/something perk build, right?

Xbox Live: Spunkrake -- Looking to build a friend list!
    edited November 2009
    It most certainly does require both of those things.

My one problem with the game is that sniper shots to the head without stopping power literally do not one hit kill. And that is insanely annoying. Maybe it depends on the sniper, but the w2000 takes two head shots or 3 body shots. And if someone is hiding ina bunker or a window, and you shoot them in the face, the recoil is so bad that they will probably hide before you can get shot 2 off.

Head shots should kill damnit! :(

As for the build. It depends. If I am on a map where thermal will help, its bling, cold blooded and ninja.

If I dont need thermal I havent quite figured out what to replace bling with. So I usually just keep it and use the fmj bullets with my silencer.

616610-1.png
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck you must go on i cant go on ill go onRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Wow singleplayer is short O.O

obF2Wuw.png
    edited November 2009
    Cold blooded pro as that , otherwise their reticule turns red and your dead.

I have yet to get pro yet. Im like 8 away. The problem is, me and my buddies all decided to get cold blooded pro at the same time. So when a UAV or heli comes in, its a race to bust out our stinger missiles and take it down. I feel bad for the other team. Their kill streak rewards are useless.

616610-1.png
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Wow singleplayer is short O.O

It feels like an expansion pack more than its own game.

3DS: 2809-9292-5994
  • BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User
    edited November 2009
    How's the riot shield in multiplayer? It was my absolute favorite item in CS back in the day, and I always like shieldy things in FPS's.

Any sufficiently advanced friendship is indistinguishable from magic.
    edited November 2009
    It most certainly does require both of those things.

My one problem with the game is that sniper shots to the head without stopping power literally do not one hit kill. And that is insanely annoying. Maybe it depends on the sniper, but the w2000 takes two head shots or 3 body shots. And if someone is hiding ina bunker or a window, and you shoot them in the face, the recoil is so bad that they will probably hide before you can get shot 2 off.

Head shots should kill damnit! :(

As for the build. It depends. If I am on a map where thermal will help, its bling, cold blooded and ninja.

If I dont need thermal I havent quite figured out what to replace bling with. So I usually just keep it and use the fmj bullets with my silencer.

huh?
    I consistently get 1 shot 1 kill with the barret .50 without a silencer.

Edit: also do the matchmaking servers put together high level players with other high level players or is it all based off ping? I'ved seen a few people with level 50 or so in my games but i'm wonder when you get that high does it start throwing you in games where everyone has cold blooded and ninja and then hbs and uavs are useless?

• albawarrioralbawarrior Registered User
    edited November 2009
    Wow. I feel a little let down at the shortness of the single player, but i wasnt suprised!! I am very happy at how awsome the game was tho!! The bit in the
    Spoiler:
    makes it such a diffirent game to what i normally play. I am enjoying the Special Ops and i am getting ready to try it on the hardest difficulty for funzies!!

Spoiler:
  • HawkHawk Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    OP should have recommended Builds for MP:

Like "Blade Runner" discussed in last thread
    Marathon + Lightweight (or Cold-Blooded) + Commando