Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The Hookup: Comics Deals, Sales, Giveaways, Etc.

wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
edited June 2011 in Graphic Violence
Okay, so there's a recession on, and I don't know about you, but I'm trying to stretch my comics buying dollars as far as possible. There's already a site for cheap ass gamers to share info on good video game related deals, so I thought it'd be nice to have a thread here for us to do the same for comic books. Sales, memberships that give a discount, discounts and the like would be welcomed. As a general rule, don't post any deals that are only available at a local store. Unless it's otherwise verified as a national promotion, use YMMV (your mileage may vary) to identify sales at national chain stores.

I'd like to organize this stuff into these general categories:

Deals (B1G1 Free, Free Swag with purchase, etc)
Sales
Clearance (limited quantities on sale)
Discounts
FREE

And we can denote the origin of the deal in question by these identifiers.

B&M (Barnes and Noble, Borders, etc)
Online (HeavyInk, Mile High, etc)
Direct Subs (Marvel Direct, DC subscriptions, etc)
Digital (EyeMelt, iVerse, etc)

I'll try to maintain this thread as I see new deals pop up, and feel free to add anything you see as well.

wwtMask on
When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee