As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WATERSLIDES

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    dis the best waterslide

freefall2.jpg

Boooooring.

The one where you go under water would be cool, but otherwise I want my waterslides to be like a luge course.

Corners everyfuckingwhere son.

Also, If I win the lottery, you'd better believe my mansion will have a waterslide with a fucking loop in it.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    dis the best waterslide

freefall2.jpg

Boooooring.

The one where you go under water would be cool, but otherwise I want my waterslides to be like a luge course.

Also, If I win the lottery, you'd better believe my mansion will have a waterslide with a fucking loop in it.

what, an 8 story free fall is boring to you?

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    man, being fat at the water park is sad.

Metzger Meister on
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    dis the best waterslide

freefall2.jpg

Boooooring.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_Park
    ?

Khavall on
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    dis the best waterslide

freefall2.jpg

Boooooring.

what, an 8 story free fall is boring to you?

Indoor bungee jumping. Or a decent rollercosater.

If I'm getting wet, I wanna go around corners. I like that feeling when you're halfway up the side of the tube pulling gs.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
    edited November 2009
    Khavall wrote: »
    dis the best waterslide

freefall2.jpg

Boooooring.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_Park
    ?

There are some simliarities there, in that my house would also have a bitchin' go kart track, and a nice natural terrain motocross track, but hopefully I wouldn't get sued by too many of my friends.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    One time on Rob and Big they found an abandoned waterpark and they tried to skate down one of the waterslides with lots of turns and they almost fell off like 15 times.

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Jasconius wrote: »
    I've been to Schlitterbahn several times and one time it started hailing out of fucking nowhere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schlitterbahn

Schlitterbahn is awesome

the wook on
    edited November 2009
    My sister once stopped on a waterslide that had a flat section, and she was so embarrassed that she cried, even though nobody cares because that shit sometimes happens on waterslides.

there are slides at Schlitterbahn with uphill sections. Line takes fucking forever because like 1 in 5 people get stuck

like a bitch

the wook on
  • Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Do you guys think my sig is too big?

Volucrisus Aedrius on
    edited November 2009
    The waterslide dilemma: Board shorts increase the friction on waterslides, but wearing speedos is, well, wearing speedos. And in addition to being illegal, going naked puts you at serious risk of an unsolicited enema on those big-drop ones.

or a solicited enema

the wook on
    edited November 2009

no, not really

the wook on
  • ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    When I was a kid I took a semi road trip with my friends to this abandoned water park his dad had heard about. It was in the desert totally isolated and completely abandoned with absolutely no kind of security. I vividly remember the entire park had a shamrock motif plastered everywhere but can't remember the name of the place.

It looked like a post apocalyptic wonderland of pipes and sand. I rode a skateboard down one of the giant winding half tube slides. Later we found a run down maintenance shack that looked like it had been home to many a sordid teenage romance or hobo. We found a bowling ball inside.

Naturally we went to the highest and straightest water slide with the bowling ball. It flew through the air and punched a perfectly shaped hole in the maintenance shack.

It was glorious.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • DudBoltDudBolt Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Screw waterslides, Wave pools are where it's at.

DudBolt on
    Gather the faithful and prepose a toast. To an epoch of indifference. - In Flames: Ordinary Story
    http://beta.humugus.com/index.php/auth/register/inv/1966
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I've been to Schlitterbahn several times and one time it started hailing out of fucking nowhere.

Their water slides are the best, because a lot of the drops are just a tad bit beyond safety regulations, and we wouldn't have it any other way.

Will you ride the three-story uphill watercoaster or the slide that's literally a mile long?

Or will you grab an inner tube and party down the Brazos river like it's 1999?

Godfather on
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Urine is pretty gross stuff

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Godfather wrote: »

Their water slides are the best, because a lot of the drops are just a tad bit beyond safety regulations, and we wouldn't have it any other way.

Will you ride the three-story uphill watercoaster or the slide that's literally a mile long?

Or will you grab an inner tube and party down the Brazos river like it's 1999?

The drops scared the shit out of me as a kid.

And back then (like 12 years ago), it seemed like every ride had one.

Jasconius on
    edited November 2009
    Man, you really have to work on some of those slides.

Like, stand up and paddle a good chunck of the time, because the currents sometimes suck you back in to certain parts of the slide.

But I liked how the slides just feeded in and out through random buildings and restaurants. That was pretty pimp.

Man I wanna go back.

Godfather on
  • scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Water slides are pretty boss, except the ones that are uneven and scratch your back and/or ass, those ones can go to hell. I like tube slides as well, fun stuff, though with the cooling weather up north, I will not be seeing one of these for quite some time.

Winter can go to hell...

scarlet blvd. on
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Metzger Meister on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

it's a tiny bit too tall

Antimatter on
    edited November 2009
    Godfather wrote: »
    Will you ride the three-story uphill watercoaster?

Master Blaster?

the wook on
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I do not like water parks because I'm constantly afraid of poop in the water

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    DudBolt wrote: »
    Screw waterslides, Wave pools are where it's at.

West Edmonton Mall has a Water Park with Slides, Bungie Jumping, and a Wavepool. (The Bungie Jumping is extra.)

Seg on
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

I used to go there when I went to Texas during the summer. Awesome place.

I am not a fan of the slides that are just one really steep drop. It seems like a really shitty payoff for all the stairs you have to climb on a fucking hot day.

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I recall distinctly that when the aforementioned hail started, they started to flush out the rides with empty rafts, I guess to make sure people still weren't in there, and we saw several empty rafts literally fly OUT of the Master Blaster and fall 2 or 3 stories.

So basically, on the Master Blaster, the only thing between you and certain death is your hulking mass.

Jasconius on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    man, i haven't been to a water park in close to a decade.

We used to go to virginia beach when I was much younger, there were a couple of waterparks around there. I always hated the ones that are just a straight shot. I always lifted off a little bit and then slammed down and I hated it. Windy ones, with or without a tube, are totally awesome.

Now my eyes are pretty bad and I am certain it would be vaguely terrifying. And confusing when I got out and went to the next thing.

DouglasDanger on
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I don't go to water parks now because I have learned the importance of shame. When my abdominal region is slightly more defined I will go back.

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • RocketScienceRocketScience Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Dude, this kid came up with the perfect solution

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/fat_kid_successfully_avoids

RocketScience on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Dude, this kid came up with the perfect solution

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/fat_kid_successfully_avoids

Shirts suck on water slides.

Seg on
  • MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    BusterK wrote: »
    I do not like water parks because I'm constantly afraid of poop in the water

Same. Every time I go I'm having basically a constant panic attack thinking about things of that nature. Plus all those gross people walking around shirtless and uggghhhhhh hate water parks.

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    UNRELATED BUT OH WELL

I just saw The Invention of Lying at the dollar theatre, it was hilarious

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Awwww yeah!

Used to go to a nearby water slide place for all of my birthday parties as a youngin'. The place was literally two waterslides and an outhouse, but you would pay five bucks and you could stay as long as you want. It was funner as it got late and everybody else left because you could stop yourself halfway down and have a gathering of dudes chilling for however long while a huge pool of water built up behind you.

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
    edited November 2009
    I recall distinctly that when the aforementioned hail started, they started to flush out the rides with empty rafts, I guess to make sure people still weren't in there, and we saw several empty rafts literally fly OUT of the Master Blaster and fall 2 or 3 stories.

So basically, on the Master Blaster, the only thing between you and certain death is your hulking mass.

Strong emphasis on that last verb.

Godfather on
  • Meta T. DustMeta T. Dust Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
    edited November 2009
    Meta is good people.

Godfather on
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Man that yellow tube slide in the OP where you go back up looks fun as hell

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Also: Everytime I hear "waterslide" I always think of Budnick jumping off the top bunk and onto the inflatable raft that Donkeylips is blowing up.

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • SpacehogSpacehog Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dislexic wrote: »
    Also: Everytime I hear "waterslide" I always think of Budnick jumping off the top bunk and onto the inflatable raft that Donkeylips is blowing up.

was donkeylips the fat one?

Spacehog on