A miniphalla brought to you by Infidel.
(What is a miniphalla? See here.)
Win the Mini Cup!
Everyone in Mario land is in it for the fun of competition, so while a personal victory is nice it doesn’t matter if you come in first because everyone had a good time!
Unless of course the tyrannical Wart has his minions take control of their subconscious minds in order to win the Mini Cup which is actually made from an artifact that serves as key to Subcon which would free Wart to unleash his dark imaginings on the world.
Not so good times.
The game will last four days. Period. Four races in the Mini Circuit.
Each race will take place on a different course, which may impact the gameplay in some fashion. Courses and effects will be announced race by race.
Winner of the Mini Circuit wins the Mini Cup. If one of Wart's minions win the Cup, they win and everyone else loses. If they fail, they lose and everyone else wins.
If all of Wart's minions are eliminated before the final race, play will continue for standings and bragging rights!
vote will determine which racer is to be eliminated from the circuit each race. Something about engine trouble.
vote will determine who is in the lead for the race. Other factors will come into play, but the idea is that the vote is a way to pull ahead. You cannot vote for yourself.
The total speed, based on the votes received that day and modified by items and actions, will determine the order of finish. The top eleven racers will place and earn points. Points are cumulative through-out the game. Unless otherwise indicated, vote modifications are referring to this vote.
Points are awarded as such: 15 for first, followed by 12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.
Votes must be in the correct colour (red and deepskyblue) and bolded to be counted. Edited posts will not be counted, don't edit a post with a vote in it. No retraction format as none are needed. Inactive racers will be fished up by Lakitu and disqualified, so vote.
Vote close will be at 9pm CST. (7pm PST / 10pm EST / 3am GMT)
Every racer has an identity. Said identity is not indicative of alignment.
Identity may come into play in the mechanics, such as item tables and favoured tactics or what have you.
Each player can perform one action each race or take none at all. Send all actions via PM to Infidel
– If you have an item you may choose to use it that race.
– Choose another racer and mooch off their speed. Watch out for bananas!
– Give yourself a boost in speed that race. You gain a 2 vote boost. Risky, making you more vulnerable to bad effects.
– Hit another racer with your kart, knocking them about. Typically a vote deduction. Might be more than you can handle.
– Snap up item blocks, giving you an item the next race. Only means to have more than one item. Beware fakes!
Each racer can obtain one item per race based on chance and overall position. All racers have a chance to start the circuit with one item. Unless otherwise indicated racers cannot obtain more than one item at a time. Many items have a chance of success involved. If an item has multiple methods of use then it must be specified in the action order. There is no item trading.
– Shoot ahead at another racer to hinder or behind to ward off any drafters.
- [forward] Choose a racer with more votes than you, a hit will deduct 2 votes.
- [behind] Hit anyone slipstreaming you, a hit will deduct 2 votes. Chance to negate an incoming shell.
– Shoot ahead to take a racer out of commission or behind in defense.
- [forward] Choose a racer with more votes than you, a hit will eliminate.
- [behind] Hit anyone slipstreaming you, hit will deduct 2 votes. Chance to negate an incoming shell.
– Drop behind you to wipe out drafters, deducting 2 votes. Will negate an incoming shell.
– Drop a fake item block, one racer taking a Hoard action may be targeted, a hit will deduct 2 votes.
– You gain a 2 vote boost.
– That fucking ghost, target a racer and immediately steal their item. (Host availability permitting.)
– It’s dangerous to be in your vicinity!
- [forward] The racer immediately ahead of you in the vote count will be eliminated.
- [behind] The racer immediately behind you in the vote count will be eliminated.
- In the event of multiple racers being eligible, the victim will be RNG.
– You gain a two place boost in the race results.
– You are immune to attacks and gain a 2 vote boost.
– Removes one vote from every other racer and any racer with unused items will lose them.
– The vote leader and anyone within one vote will count as zero votes cast for the race.
Special versions of these items may or may not occur.
Not much really aside from the standard stuff. I don't care if you role call because it won't break anything. If you create any proboards, send me the link or face my wrath. I love proboards.
I expect a decent amount of clarifications to clog up this section soon enough.
If the blue shell just zeroes out the vote leader and close competition, how are you going to handle it when like thirty fucking blue shells go flying at once?
Actually, I think I'll deny clarifications in this fashion:
In the interest of stratergerizing, yes, it is allowed.
Can we trash items to free up our item slot without using our action?
You do not target the Fake Block, correct. It will "attack" at random.
Do you have to target someone with the Fake Block or will it autohit anyone use a Hoard action at random?
Order of actions? Blue shell, disqualifications, items, blue shell. Blue shell.
Order of actions? Do all items kick in to effect simultaneously? How is the vote count for item usage determined? (pre or post items?)
Effect of a tied vote?
Vote count for targeting purposes is naturally according to official thread count. If any place where an exact tie occurs, tie break will be by RNG.
A racer must complete all four races to win the Mini Circuit.
Are eliminated racers eligible for circuit victory?
Ie, mafia member somehow manages to get 1st place in the first 3 races before being eliminated, so they have 45 points. Are they still a threat to win?
The vote is absolute. There is no trickle.
Does the vote trickle down?
Signup in something festive
if you wish to race, there are 24 spots for this mini.
- Arivia (Hammer Bro) - disqualified (race 1)
- lonelyahava (Wario) - bob-ombed (race 1)
- kime (Kritter) - disqualified (race 4)
- Robos A Go Go
- Zandracon (Daisy) - disqualified (race 3)
- Toxic Toys (Donkey Kong, seized by Fryguy) - red shelled (race 1)
- LoserForHireX (Koopa Troopa) - shyguy'd (race 2)
- Jaenther (Diddy Kong) - disqualified (race 2)
- B:L (Bowser) - red shelled (race 1)
- [strike]crimsoncoyote[/strike] Gumpy
- [strike]Raakam[/strike] Darian
- Burnage (King K. Rool) - red shelled (race 1)
- 1st - MrBlarney (34) - (Bowser Jr., siezed by Tryclyde)
- 2nd - FunkyWaltDogg (27) - (Baby Mario)
- 3rd - shalmelo (26) - (Luigi)
- 4th - Gumpy (24) - (King Boo)
- 4th - Tiphareth (24) - (Mario)
- 6th - eecc (23) - (Dry Bones, siezed by Mouser)
- 7th - Spectrum (22) - (Toadette)
- 8th - Robos A Go Go (16) - (Dixie Kong)
- 9th - Gandalf_the_Crazed (14) - (Toad, siezed by Clawgrip)
- 10th - adventfalls (11) - (Waluigi)
- 11th - Daius (10) - (Peach)
- 11th - Dunadan019 (10) - (Yoshi)
- 13th - Darian (8) - (Baby Luigi)
- 14th - simonwolf (5) - (Koopa Paratroopa)
- 15th - enlightenedbum (2) - (Birdo)