As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]Tales: Woo-Hoo

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Tamin wrote: »
    The commentary tracks on my season one of 30 Rock are not what one would expect. Tracy Morgan and Tina Fey aren't that funny at all, and Jack McBrayer who plays Kenneth is incredibly grating. But Alec Baldwin's commentary is awesome. "Not all psychopathic doctors are horny" is gold, Baldwin gold.

Other people like commentary tracks?! I was beginning to fear I was the only one.

Firefly spoiled me. What with having the majority of the episodes having some form of commentary, I assumed that most boxsets were the same. Angel, Dollhouse; not so much.

man what you say? Firefly has no commentary tracks. At least not the boxset I bought. Strange.

Also, Baldwin is hysterical and vulgar. He just went on about how the show got it right, putting every woman, no matter her role on the show, in low cut tops and showing off the boobies. He then observed the women in the recording booth cringing.

"Commentary on Serenity Part 1 & 2, The Train Job, Shindig, Out of Gas, War Stories, Objects in Space, and The Message"

http://www.amazon.com/Firefly-Complete-Nathan-Fillion/dp/B0000AQS0F/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1258977414&sr=8-1

Tamin on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Pony I think sometimes you have a point about avoiding SE++.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ryadic wrote: »
    Barony is a fun race. The Yssaril (spelling?) are by far my favorite. Just got assigned the L1Z1X randomly in this game. Though 4 resources for a Dreadnought is pretty ridiculous, I must say.

the universities of jol-nar can be a bunch of vicious cheating bastards

it's like "oh hey guys we ain't fighting with nobody we're cool we're cool" and then like on turn 2 they have war suns, the fuckers

Pony on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The commentary tracks on my season one of 30 Rock are not what one would expect. Tracy Morgan and Tina Fey aren't that funny at all, and Jack McBrayer who plays Kenneth is incredibly grating. But Alec Baldwin's commentary is awesome. "Not all psychopathic doctors are horny" is gold, Baldwin gold.

Other people like commentary tracks?! I was beginning to fear I was the only one.

Firefly spoiled me. What with having the majority of the episodes having some form of commentary, I assumed that most boxsets were the same. Angel, Dollhouse; not so much.

man what you say? Firefly has no commentary tracks. At least not the boxset I bought. Strange.

Also, Baldwin is hysterical and vulgar. He just went on about how the show got it right, putting every woman, no matter her role on the show, in low cut tops and showing off the boobies. He then observed the women in the recording booth cringing.

"Commentary on Serenity Part 1 & 2, The Train Job, Shindig, Out of Gas, War Stories, Objects in Space, and The Message"

http://www.amazon.com/Firefly-Complete-Nathan-Fillion/dp/B0000AQS0F/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1258977414&sr=8-1

No, I have that exact boxset, except mine has no commentary. Same box art and everything - not bootleg.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

No, I have that exact boxset, except mine has no commentary. Same box art and everything - not bootleg.

Goofy.

Tamin on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    time to go to Uni, just as Buffy sends Angel to hell.

Hopefully no one will care that I am dressed as a slob today; I really don't have the energy to make an effort.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    [chat] is busy this morning.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2009
    Rewatching old Equalizer episodes really brings home what a fantastic job Stewart Copeland did with the music.

Bogart on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Haha, DF is getting so cool.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    fuck balls

two days of work because of the holiday. D:

second job search time. . .

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I just had a guy on the other team get a 93/7 kill/death ratio.

Everyone on his team was calling him an asshole.

Thank you IW for not giving us servers we can ban people from. Or even giving us a way to kick people out of a game.

Dicks :(

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Fucking hell, suddenly I'm all sentimentally sad. :(

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    yalborap wrote: »

I know. I am also sad about me not getting any hours at work this week.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009

I know. I am also sad about me not getting any hours at work this week.

No, not that, you jackass.

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

This is the worst.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    mmm, paperwork.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

This is the worst.

Yeah.

I was fiddling around with my phone, seeing what all Google's SMS search feature was capable of(turns out, a hell of a lot. Directions, movie times, the friggin' works), and I was suddenly reminded of this one time I and the rest of my family stayed with one of my aunts for a few days. Which reminded me of my grandfather, who died a few years back.

And then I remembered that one of, if not the last time I saw him, the fact that I still didn't have a cellphone at that point came up. He told us he'd recover and buy me one.

He didn't recover.

:(

yalborap on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    There is virtually nobody in the office today. Lazy fucks.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'm sorry Yalb.

I was trying to keep things a bit jovial.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    There is virtually nobody in the office today. Lazy fucks.

Golems are the answer.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    There is virtually nobody in the office today.

Enough of a ghost town for you to skive off?

Bogart on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Yes, that's a better option than lumbering homunculi.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Bogart wrote: »
    There is virtually nobody in the office today.

Enough of a ghost town for you to skive off?

No, I'm trying to refine this presentation for the conference (which my supervisors decided was back on - on Friday, so it's a rush job).

It's just there will be nobody to hear a trial talk.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Hoo boy. That's a lot of rain.

Bogart on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I have to go up to my fiancee's family this Thanksgiving. I've been up there before, and the challenge that time was getting them to like me, which wasn't all that hard. However, we were in open strife with her mom at the time, which added a twist. But now the game has changed. We're engaged this time, and I'm trying to get money out of her parents for the wedding.

Good morning, [chat].

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Have you bested her father in unarmed combat yet?

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

I hope to subdue him with a mix of judo and mashed potatoes.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'm sorry Yalb.

I was trying to keep things a bit jovial.

Sorry I came off so harshly.

Alright, folks, I'm off to bed.

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    You got engaged without first broaching the delicate subject of the dowry? You fool. You have given away most of your bargaining power. You'll have to hint that you're willing to beat her regularly to get a decent sum now.

Bogart on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

I hope to subdue him with a mix of judo and mashed potatoes.

Make sure there is at least one point where you are drowing him with gravy and I think we could have a new holiday action movie!

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    If my ears don't stop ringing, I'm going to go insane. Stupid loud concerts.

Also, three day weeks before holidays are the worst. They always seem to take forever. I hope this week goes by fast without problems.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    When is Thanksgiving? Is everything going to be bloody shut while I'm in the states?

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Just tell them that you've already taken her maidenhead and that their only choice is to pay for the wedding because she is worthless to any other man. For added effect stain some sheets with pig's blood then cut out a patch and hand it to them.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Short weeks are my favorite part about holidays.

Especially since this year I will be traveling when I really would prefer to stay home.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm already on Vacation. I'm in the ATL as we speak, relaxing, waiting for everyone to get up so we can go do stuff.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Is your avatar from the movie, Ludious?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    When is Thanksgiving? Is everything going to be bloody shut while I'm in the states?

Thursday.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

Thursday if I recall correctly. I'd assume that Thursday most things will be closed but this is America and I'm sure there would be somethings open.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    edited November 2009

When are you off? Are you meeting up with some PA freaks while you're there?

And have I given you a checklist of cool NYC stuff to see and do yet? Because nothing says fun like ticking things off a list someone else made while you're in a foreign city.

Bogart on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Is your avatar from the movie, Ludious?

Well, it's from posters for it at least

Ludious on
This discussion has been closed.