Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Laptop shows a good IP address, but no web sites will load. [LOCK]

TL DRTL DR Registered User regular
edited November 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Hi, and thanks in advance. I was taking a look at this laptop over the weekend, but ended up running out of time to work on it and am going back tomorrow. Since I've not found any good leads, I'm going to try and reconstruct my posts from that night and see if anyone here can help.

Ok, so this laptop shows a good internet connection and IP, but launching internet explorer results in eternal page loading. This happens with both wi-fi and ethernet connectivity.

Tried ipconfig/flushdns and no dice. This is a home network, and my laptop hasn't had any trouble with his router.

The internet was working, then after CCleaner was run (not by me), this problem appeared. Restoring the registry to pre-CCleaner was unhelpful.

Trying Firefox and Opera resulted in the same issue.

Any ideas?

TL DR on
TLDR2014_zps40439c2c.jpg