I love this game. I mean, the original was pretty cool, but Covenant adds so much more. These are the things I love about SH in general, but specifically Covenant:
- The Judgement Ring system keeps you paying attention to the battles.
- Being able to adjust each characters' Judgement Rings to your liking.
- The Crest system, and Solomon's Key to power them up more is an awesome idea.
- The Library - a catalogue of every monster and major character you come across in the game, each with their own flavor text/descriptions. I love reading the origins of monsters.
- On that note, everything
has a description - items, Crests, etc. Very interesting stuff to read.
- The Score menu - keeps track of all the weird stats that aren't important, but cool to know.
- All the characters' unique abilities and the way you go about getting them: Blanca's wolf fights, finding gay porn to get new costumes for Gepetto's puppet Cornelia, etc.
- A better system for Yuri's Fusions, so that you can choose which Fusions to put Souls into. And Yuri's Fusions are a lot more interesting in Covenant. Much bigger changes in each step up.
- Very interesting monster designs.
- Good music.
- Not too many random encounters.
- How absurd and silly the game is sometimes, while still being serious, and twisting history.
And I'm only 9 hours in.
I've just been playing it a lot these last couple days, and I had the sudden urge to make this topic.
P.S., correct the quote for me if it's wrong. I don't remember the exact words.
EDIT - Also, if anyone has a hi-res picture of the artwork of Yuri and Blanca that's on the opening screen that says, "This is a work of fiction, blah blah blah," I would love it.