Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Chat] Goose & Lightning: The Snow Sabbath Shark Swallow

1111112113114116

Posts

  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Or just "Ron" Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Morrigan complains that dog leaves a rabbit carcass in her things because no woman wants a corpse in her unmentionables and one of the possible dialogue responses is "It probably doesn't smell any worse than what is usually in there"

    and I laugh out loud.

    RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    like, you obviously don't know what the book's about, at all, if you're saying that

    I would hope so, because statements like
    Nancy Ellen Abrams, a cultural philosopher

    and
    an exciting new way to understand the universe as a whole and our role in it.

    reek of meaningless new-age bullshit
    if you think i would recommend something that is even remotely new-age, you obviously don't know me at all

    I'm scared. This is scary Mike.

    I don't want to hit you baby, but statements like
    Our universe is rich, fascinating, and meaningful

    Are utter bunk. How could the universe be "meaningful?"
    if you haven't read the book, how are you supposed to know?

    MikeMan on
    HOW DO YOU FUCK UP BAGELS. YOU BOIL THE WATER. PUT IN THE NOODLES
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar | 3DS: 3110-5421-3843 |
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Or just "Ron" Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit I'm a good person yes it's trueRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I am composed entirely of myself

    Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • RustRust __BANNED USERS
    edited December 2009
    persian cats are the goofiest fucking animals in the world

    platypi wish they could be as goofy as persian cats

    looks like you hit a cartoon cat in the face with a frying pan and turned it out into the real world

    Rust on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Elldren wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    It comprises all meaning?

    So "meaning" is something that is inherent to a being/object?

    Whether or not it is is irrelevant.

    The universe is composed of everything.

    Does the universe compose part of the universe?

    no, the universe composes all of the universe. :P

    If the universe is composed of all that exists, then all that exists composes the universe.

    If something composes something else, then it is a member of that set.

    If the universe exists, then the universe is a member of the set "the universe."

    But the universe is merely the totality of all that exists, and thus could not be a member of its own set, no?

    Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Or just "Ron" Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Elldren wrote: »
    I am composed entirely of myself

    Shall we fix that?

    RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem I've got waffles and I've got beerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Demonstrably false. My wife made an apple pie from scratch for Thanksgiving. My wife, however, did not invent the universe.

    matt has a problem on
    m9KVEYF.jpg
  • ChanusChanus capreseRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Demonstrably false. My wife made an apple pie from scratch for Thanksgiving. My wife, however, did not invent the universe.

    I...


    No, nevermind. :P

    Chanus on
    D&D [chat] names list for games
    XCOM Name File with [chat] First Names - All Countries, M&F | Or Shivahn's with gendered names
    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    **PUUUUUUNCH**
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem I've got waffles and I've got beerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Chanus wrote: »
    Demonstrably false. My wife made an apple pie from scratch for Thanksgiving. My wife, however, did not invent the universe.

    I...


    No, nevermind. :P
    Oh no, don't do that. Go for it. I want to hear.

    matt has a problem on
    m9KVEYF.jpg
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    Your wife might not have invented the universe, but I rocked hers.

    JustinSane07 on
  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    This paper is annoying the hell out of me.

    This is the only paper in which I have managed to write entire paragraphs, read them over and over again and then throw them right out because they are not consistent enough with my initial argument or strong enough as an argument to be useful.

    Aegis on
    Currently DMing: None right now! :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 31 | Melee +4/1d8+2 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • ChanusChanus capreseRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Chanus wrote: »
    Demonstrably false. My wife made an apple pie from scratch for Thanksgiving. My wife, however, did not invent the universe.

    I...


    No, nevermind. :P
    Oh no, don't do that. Go for it. I want to hear.

    Really? I thought maybe you were joking.


    Like... your wife didn't invent the atoms that comprise the elements of that pie, for instance.

    Chanus on
    D&D [chat] names list for games
    XCOM Name File with [chat] First Names - All Countries, M&F | Or Shivahn's with gendered names
    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    **PUUUUUUNCH**
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Elldren wrote: »
    I am composed entirely of myself

    According to my grandfather, the men of his generation were mostly piss and vinegar.

    It explains the smell.

    Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Or just "Ron" Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Atoms? Sounds like witchcraft. We all know God created everything.

    RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit I'm a good person yes it's trueRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    It comprises all meaning?

    So "meaning" is something that is inherent to a being/object?

    Whether or not it is is irrelevant.

    The universe is composed of everything.

    Does the universe compose part of the universe?

    no, the universe composes all of the universe. :P

    If the universe is composed of all that exists, then all that exists composes the universe.

    If something composes something else, then it is a member of that set.

    If the universe exists, then the universe is a member of the set "the universe."

    But the universe is merely the totality of all that exists, and thus could not be a member of its own set, no?

    Why not?

    Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem I've got waffles and I've got beerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Chanus wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Demonstrably false. My wife made an apple pie from scratch for Thanksgiving. My wife, however, did not invent the universe.

    I...


    No, nevermind. :P
    Oh no, don't do that. Go for it. I want to hear.

    Really? I thought maybe you were joking.


    Like... your wife didn't invent the atoms that comprise the elements of that pie, for instance.
    Oh, I thought you were going to make a "your wife" joke. I was going to make a "she thinks she's the center of it" joke but she's sitting right next to me and was looking at the screen at the time. She's not looking at the screen right now.

    matt has a problem on
    m9KVEYF.jpg
  • ChanusChanus capreseRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Oh, I thought you were going to make a "your wife" joke. I was going to make a "she thinks she's the center of it" joke but she's sitting right next to me and was looking at the screen at the time. She's not looking at the screen right now.

    Hehe... fair enough. :)

    Chanus on
    D&D [chat] names list for games
    XCOM Name File with [chat] First Names - All Countries, M&F | Or Shivahn's with gendered names
    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    **PUUUUUUNCH**
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    moniker on
    tea-1.jpg
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Or just "Ron" Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    It's so hard to find a good Digital Love remix. They generally don't touch it and just stretch the guitar parts. I mean, it's such a good song that you don't really need to touch it, but - I want to hear what people can do with it.

    RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • ChanusChanus capreseRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    It's so hard to find a good Digital Love remix. They generally don't touch it and just stretch the guitar parts. I mean, it's such a good song that you don't really need to touch it, but - I want to hear what people can do with it.

    Maybe you have, and thus the problem?

    Chanus on
    D&D [chat] names list for games
    XCOM Name File with [chat] First Names - All Countries, M&F | Or Shivahn's with gendered names
    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    **PUUUUUUNCH**
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Or just "Ron" Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Chanus wrote: »
    It's so hard to find a good Digital Love remix. They generally don't touch it and just stretch the guitar parts. I mean, it's such a good song that you don't really need to touch it, but - I want to hear what people can do with it.

    Maybe you have, and thus the problem?

    I'm not willing to accept that as a resolution.

    RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Chanus wrote: »
    It's so hard to find a good Digital Love remix. They generally don't touch it and just stretch the guitar parts. I mean, it's such a good song that you don't really need to touch it, but - I want to hear what people can do with it.

    Maybe you have, and thus the problem?

    I'm not willing to accept that as a resolution.

    The song is perfect as is, why mess with that?

    Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Elldren wrote: »
    Why not?

    The universe is a set. There is no such material-thing as "the universe." Everything that exists, presumably, composes the universe. If anything exists, it exists within the universe. The universe cannot be a member of something, because then the universe is encompassed by something other than itself, in which case what we were speaking of as "the universe" is not really the universe. Thus, the universe cannot compose part of the universe.

    However, if the universe composes everything that exists, and the universe is not part of the universe, then how can we say that the universe exists?

    It's a variation on Russell's Paradox

    Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem I've got waffles and I've got beerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Chanus wrote: »
    It's so hard to find a good Digital Love remix. They generally don't touch it and just stretch the guitar parts. I mean, it's such a good song that you don't really need to touch it, but - I want to hear what people can do with it.

    Maybe you have, and thus the problem?

    I'm not willing to accept that as a resolution.
    Just search the song title and download every unique version you see, then listen to them. It takes a while but I found a really cool version of Cibo Matto's Sugar Water that way.

    matt has a problem on
    m9KVEYF.jpg
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Or just "Ron" Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Chanus wrote: »
    It's so hard to find a good Digital Love remix. They generally don't touch it and just stretch the guitar parts. I mean, it's such a good song that you don't really need to touch it, but - I want to hear what people can do with it.

    Maybe you have, and thus the problem?

    I'm not willing to accept that as a resolution.

    The song is perfect as is, why mess with that?

    That's accurate, but ... I want to be worldly, you know? Sigh.

    RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • ChanusChanus capreseRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    Why not?

    The universe is a set. There is no such material-thing as "the universe." Everything that exists, presumably, composes the universe. If anything exists, it exists within the universe. The universe cannot be a member of something, because then the universe is encompassed by something other than itself, in which case what we were speaking of as "the universe" is not really the universe. Thus, the universe cannot compose part of the universe.

    However, if the universe composes everything that exists, and the universe is not part of the universe, then how can we say that the universe exists?

    It's a variation on Russell's Paradox

    I seriously don't understand how people get up in the morning thinking like this.

    Who gives a fuck if what we call the universe, by being called such, is a logical fallacy? Everyone knows what you're talking about when you say "the universe".

    Chanus on
    D&D [chat] names list for games
    XCOM Name File with [chat] First Names - All Countries, M&F | Or Shivahn's with gendered names
    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    **PUUUUUUNCH**
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You know, it's funny. The girl I'm seeing knows my username and knows I post on the PA forums. All of a sudden I'm starting to think a little harder about what I say.....

    Nova_C on
    Tube wrote: »
    No, I hate D&D more than the other subforums because it's more of a pain in my arse.
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Yay for family discussions on how getting drunk is a slow form of suicide.

    Also, the lizard made it to the other corner of the room and has now turned around and started going the other way.

    Cinders on
  • ChanusChanus capreseRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Nova_C wrote: »
    You know, it's funny. The girl I'm seeing knows my username and knows I post on the PA forums. All of a sudden I'm starting to think a little harder about what I say.....

    Yeah, you might want to delete that H/A thread you made about dealing with crabs!

    Chanus on
    D&D [chat] names list for games
    XCOM Name File with [chat] First Names - All Countries, M&F | Or Shivahn's with gendered names
    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    **PUUUUUUNCH**
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Chanus wrote: »
    It's so hard to find a good Digital Love remix. They generally don't touch it and just stretch the guitar parts. I mean, it's such a good song that you don't really need to touch it, but - I want to hear what people can do with it.

    Maybe you have, and thus the problem?

    I'm not willing to accept that as a resolution.

    The song is perfect as is, why mess with that?

    That's accurate, but ... I want to be worldly, you know? Sigh.

    Not really, no. The song is all that it can be already, which is rare enough. You've already found as much as you will find for it. Move on to the next song.

    Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Chanus wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    Why not?

    The universe is a set. There is no such material-thing as "the universe." Everything that exists, presumably, composes the universe. If anything exists, it exists within the universe. The universe cannot be a member of something, because then the universe is encompassed by something other than itself, in which case what we were speaking of as "the universe" is not really the universe. Thus, the universe cannot compose part of the universe.

    However, if the universe composes everything that exists, and the universe is not part of the universe, then how can we say that the universe exists?

    It's a variation on Russell's Paradox

    I seriously don't understand how people get up in the morning thinking like this.

    Who gives a fuck if what we call the universe, by being called such, is a logical fallacy? Everyone knows what you're talking about when you say "the universe".

    Actually, I believe that rarely, if ever, do people know what they are talking about.

    Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Nova_C wrote: »
    You know, it's funny. The girl I'm seeing knows my username and knows I post on the PA forums. All of a sudden I'm starting to think a little harder about what I say.....

    If she hasn't called the cops on you yet I think you're free and clear.

    moniker on
    tea-1.jpg
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit I'm a good person yes it's trueRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    Why not?

    The universe is a set. There is no such material-thing as "the universe." Everything that exists, presumably, composes the universe. If anything exists, it exists within the universe. The universe cannot be a member of something, because then the universe is encompassed by something other than itself, in which case what we were speaking of as "the universe" is not really the universe. Thus, the universe cannot compose part of the universe.

    However, if the universe composes everything that exists, and the universe is not part of the universe, then how can we say that the universe exists?

    It's a variation on Russell's Paradox

    but it is not being encompassed by anything other than itself but rather by itself.

    Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Once more into the breach Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Who gives a fuck if what we call the universe, by being called such, is a logical fallacy? Everyone knows what you're talking about when you say "the universe".

    Actually, I believe that rarely, if ever, do people know what they are talking about.

    Just quotin' dis.

    Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • VariableVariable Ted Hitler Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    Why not?

    The universe is a set. There is no such material-thing as "the universe." Everything that exists, presumably, composes the universe. If anything exists, it exists within the universe. The universe cannot be a member of something, because then the universe is encompassed by something other than itself, in which case what we were speaking of as "the universe" is not really the universe. Thus, the universe cannot compose part of the universe.

    However, if the universe composes everything that exists, and the universe is not part of the universe, then how can we say that the universe exists?

    It's a variation on Russell's Paradox

    can we say everything that exists is within the universe, and not say that the universe contains everything that exists?

    can we say, besides itself, the universe contains everything that exists?

    Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | WiiU-Variable | 3DS-3866-8105-7478 | Steam | Twitch
    Sig%20-%20Wrestling.png
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Oh man.

    So I did that thing Podly mentioned where cold-brew coffee overnight in a french press. Wow does that ever turn out delicious.

    electricitylikesme on
  • VariableVariable Ted Hitler Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Oh man.

    So I did that thing Podly mentioned where cold-brew coffee overnight in a french press. Wow does that ever turn out delicious.

    email me some?

    Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | WiiU-Variable | 3DS-3866-8105-7478 | Steam | Twitch
    Sig%20-%20Wrestling.png
This discussion has been closed.