Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

New Comic for 11/30/09

1235»

Posts

  • BearstranautBearstranaut Registered User
    edited December 2009
    Defender wrote: »
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    Sticks are a shitty interface? But it's not hard to aim with sticks. At all. It's harder than aiming with a mouse of course, but that's only because a mouse is more accurate then is actually possible.

    For aiming, yeah, they're worse than the input device that was used when the genre was new, specifically the mouse. It is a step down from the original, which to me means it's shitty. People have figured out how to make it work, so it's not like it's unplayable or anything. But anyway, aim assistance is one of the things that helps.
    Forgive me for jumping into this conversation without reading anything else in the thread - I lack context. But -
    but computers are just the raddest to play games on.

    Entirely upgradeable, and mouse and keyboard are the only way to play games.

    You ever try and draw Falcor as a giant dong? No? It just ends up looking like a long cyclops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood Living Proof That Sometimes Friends Are Mean.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    i've never cared for mouse and keyboard personally

    ah well

    OWQbJgI.png
  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I can do both and rarely have complaints

    in your faces

    Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    no see

    the optimum interface for a FPS is a mouse in your right hand

    and one of these bad boys on your left:

    n52te-1web.jpg

    fuck keyboards

    keyboards not gaming devices

  • ackack Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
  • ackack Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    i mean

    no, keyboards own

  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Works on contingency

    No money down

    Do not have a cow, mortal.

    3DS: 2251-4432-9039

    c9PXgFo.jpg
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Certified BrimperRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    OptimusMaximusKeyboard.jpg

    sites: personal | tumblr | abracadaniel dot com | coolguy.me
    services I recommend: tonx coffee *highly recommended* | everlane
    Secret Satan Wishlists: Regular List Coffee Stuff
    FUNTENDO DS BROCODE: 2337-4364-1683
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    ack wrote: »
    i mean

    no, keyboards own

    No you know what? Keyboards do not in fact own. They blow. They are the entire reason there's a giant fucking market for PC game controllers that look exactly like fucking dual shocks. They are shit for anything but typing. That I am forced to use them to enjoy otherwise good games is a video game sin.

    A SIN

  • DarmakDarmak Godking of the Snerkywizards Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    ack wrote: »
    i mean

    no, keyboards own

    I AM A TREMENDOUS FAGGOT

    Keyboards rock. You, however, smell like poop.

    PIZTDhW.jpg
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    keyboards are terrible as a game interface device for anything that isn't like

    fuckin'

    Zork or something

    i remember showing up to a LAN party once with my n52 and one of the dudes scoffed through his mouthful of cheetos and was like "pfft, real PC gamers use a mouse and keyboard. using some stupid gadget is for people who suck and can't play right and need help. would you like me to turn on auto-aim for you and then get you a nintendo controller?"

    and it's like

    see this is why PC gaming is dying

    people like you

    who insist on using shitty input devices because of a superiority complex

  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Certified BrimperRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    someone just buy me the Optimus Keyboard please

    sites: personal | tumblr | abracadaniel dot com | coolguy.me
    services I recommend: tonx coffee *highly recommended* | everlane
    Secret Satan Wishlists: Regular List Coffee Stuff
    FUNTENDO DS BROCODE: 2337-4364-1683
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You can buy a Grimlock mouse or a Ravage USB drive if you want something cheaper

    Do not have a cow, mortal.

    3DS: 2251-4432-9039

    c9PXgFo.jpg
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Certified BrimperRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    heyoooo

    sites: personal | tumblr | abracadaniel dot com | coolguy.me
    services I recommend: tonx coffee *highly recommended* | everlane
    Secret Satan Wishlists: Regular List Coffee Stuff
    FUNTENDO DS BROCODE: 2337-4364-1683
  • babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Raneados wrote: »
    I can do both and rarely have complaints

    in your faces

    ^5

    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Skull ManSkull Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Pony wrote: »
    keyboards are terrible as a game interface device for anything that isn't like

    fuckin'

    Zork or something

    i remember showing up to a LAN party once with my n52 and one of the dudes scoffed through his mouthful of cheetos and was like "pfft, real PC gamers use a mouse and keyboard. using some stupid gadget is for people who suck and can't play right and need help. would you like me to turn on auto-aim for you and then get you a nintendo controller?"

    and it's like

    see this is why PC gaming is dying

    people like you

    who insist on using shitty input devices because of a superiority complex

    PONY I'VE BEEN MEANING TO ASK YOU TO POST THAT TWILIGHT RELEASE PARTY STORY AGAIN

    I LOVE THAT SHIT

  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Skull Man wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    keyboards are terrible as a game interface device for anything that isn't like

    fuckin'

    Zork or something

    i remember showing up to a LAN party once with my n52 and one of the dudes scoffed through his mouthful of cheetos and was like "pfft, real PC gamers use a mouse and keyboard. using some stupid gadget is for people who suck and can't play right and need help. would you like me to turn on auto-aim for you and then get you a nintendo controller?"

    and it's like

    see this is why PC gaming is dying

    people like you

    who insist on using shitty input devices because of a superiority complex

    PONY I'VE BEEN MEANING TO ASK YOU TO POST THAT TWILIGHT RELEASE PARTY STORY AGAIN

    I LOVE THAT SHIT

    here you go

  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Darmak wrote: »
    ack wrote: »
    i mean

    no, keyboards own

    I AM AWE INSPIRING

    Keyboards rock. You, however, smell like poop.

    I can't hear you over my Dual Analog controllers and Wiimote .
    Spoiler:

  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Pony wrote: »
    keyboards are terrible as a game interface device for anything that isn't like

    fuckin'

    Zork or something

    i remember showing up to a LAN party once with my n52 and one of the dudes scoffed through his mouthful of cheetos and was like "pfft, real PC gamers use a mouse and keyboard. using some stupid gadget is for people who suck and can't play right and need help. would you like me to turn on auto-aim for you and then get you a nintendo controller?"

    and it's like

    see this is why PC gaming is dying

    people like you

    who insist on using shitty input devices because of a superiority complex

    When I think of great game controllers I think of interfaces designed for writing documents and doing sums.

    The Genius of the Daleks

    Latest upload: Chapter Five on 13th of March, 2014
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    That thing is not quite useful for games that require a large number of buttons!

    Which I guess are a dwindling race in the FPS market, it turns out

  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    Pony wrote: »
    Skull Man wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    keyboards are terrible as a game interface device for anything that isn't like

    fuckin'

    Zork or something

    i remember showing up to a LAN party once with my n52 and one of the dudes scoffed through his mouthful of cheetos and was like "pfft, real PC gamers use a mouse and keyboard. using some stupid gadget is for people who suck and can't play right and need help. would you like me to turn on auto-aim for you and then get you a nintendo controller?"

    and it's like

    see this is why PC gaming is dying

    people like you

    who insist on using shitty input devices because of a superiority complex

    PONY I'VE BEEN MEANING TO ASK YOU TO POST THAT TWILIGHT RELEASE PARTY STORY AGAIN

    I LOVE THAT SHIT

    here you go

    I have no real reason for this but for some reason I believe Pony's wacky stories more readily than I believe some others' here.

    zappsigsm.jpg
    Amazon wish list | Please check out my wife's blog and jewelry store.
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The Geek wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    Skull Man wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    keyboards are terrible as a game interface device for anything that isn't like

    fuckin'

    Zork or something

    i remember showing up to a LAN party once with my n52 and one of the dudes scoffed through his mouthful of cheetos and was like "pfft, real PC gamers use a mouse and keyboard. using some stupid gadget is for people who suck and can't play right and need help. would you like me to turn on auto-aim for you and then get you a nintendo controller?"

    and it's like

    see this is why PC gaming is dying

    people like you

    who insist on using shitty input devices because of a superiority complex

    PONY I'VE BEEN MEANING TO ASK YOU TO POST THAT TWILIGHT RELEASE PARTY STORY AGAIN

    I LOVE THAT SHIT

    here you go

    I have no real reason for this but for some reason I believe Pony's wacky stories more readily than I believe some others' here.

    i'unno

    probably because of how they are told

    instead of HEY GUYS THIS ONE TIME I WAS SO FUNNY i just sorta

    explain what happened

  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Pony wrote: »
    The Geek wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    Skull Man wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    keyboards are terrible as a game interface device for anything that isn't like

    fuckin'

    Zork or something

    i remember showing up to a LAN party once with my n52 and one of the dudes scoffed through his mouthful of cheetos and was like "pfft, real PC gamers use a mouse and keyboard. using some stupid gadget is for people who suck and can't play right and need help. would you like me to turn on auto-aim for you and then get you a nintendo controller?"

    and it's like

    see this is why PC gaming is dying

    people like you

    who insist on using shitty input devices because of a superiority complex

    PONY I'VE BEEN MEANING TO ASK YOU TO POST THAT TWILIGHT RELEASE PARTY STORY AGAIN

    I LOVE THAT SHIT

    here you go

    I have no real reason for this but for some reason I believe Pony's wacky stories more readily than I believe some others' here.

    i'unno

    probably because of how they are told

    instead of HEY GUYS THIS ONE TIME I WAS SO FUNNY i just sorta

    explain what happened

    I don't even care if your stories are fake. They are entertaining as fuck.

    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    you know people say that a lot on this forum

    i try not to take it as an insult

    but it is a little off-putting

  • Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
  • DarmakDarmak Godking of the Snerkywizards Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Darmak wrote: »
    ack wrote: »
    i mean

    no, keyboards own

    I AM AWE INSPIRING

    Keyboards rock. You, however, smell like poop.

    I can't hear you over my Dual Analog controllers and Wiimote .
    Spoiler:

    Hahaha, that is true. Why'd they even include a speaker in the Wiimote? It sounds like shit.

    Also, Pony, how is the n52? It looks neat but I don't know if I would want to shell out that much money for one.

    PIZTDhW.jpg
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Darmak wrote: »
    Darmak wrote: »
    ack wrote: »
    i mean

    no, keyboards own

    I AM AWE INSPIRING

    Keyboards rock. You, however, smell like poop.

    I can't hear you over my Dual Analog controllers and Wiimote .
    Spoiler:

    Hahaha, that is true. Why'd they even include a speaker in the Wiimote? It sounds like shit.

    Also, Pony, how is the n52? It looks neat but I don't know if I would want to shell out that much money for one.

    mine got broken sadly but when i did have one it was wonderful

  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel Deus Vult! OsloRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I pretty much only play tactical games without any twitch skills invovled.

    Not giving up my mahogany keyboard, no sir.

    Fuck off and die.
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    I pretty much only play tactical games without any twitch skills invovled.

    Not giving up my mahogany keyboard, no sir.

    Or perhaps this keyboard?

    http://www.datamancer.net/keyboards/alchemist/alchemist.htm

    "Well, look at this. Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What's that make us?"
    "Big Damn Heroes, Sir."
    "Ain't we just."
  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel Deus Vult! OsloRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    I pretty much only play tactical games without any twitch skills invovled.

    Not giving up my mahogany keyboard, no sir.

    Or perhaps this keyboard?

    http://www.datamancer.net/keyboards/alchemist/alchemist.htm

    I wouldn't touch that if it conjured blow jobs from thin air.

    Comic related: I am looking forward to ending my exams so that I can kick back and seduce some elves.

    Fuck off and die.
1235»
Sign In or Register to comment.