As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Kinda wet laptop

oldsakoldsak Registered User regular
edited December 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
So one of my professors likes to play cartoon clips to liven up class. I made the mistake of taking a sip of water during a particularly funny family guy clip and sprayed water all over my laptop.

At first I thought it was just the screen, which I wiped down with my sleeve, but then the keyboard started going weird on me, so I decided to play it safe and made a quick backup of my files for the semester on an SD card and shut down my laptop.

I doubt it's more than a few drops of water in there. How long should I leave it off to dry? I need it for finals next week, so I'd like to play it safe, but I also would like to use it for preparation at some point rather than rely on finding an available computer at the library.

oldsak on

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Open up the laptop so you can see the processor bits and stuff, and set up a fan so it blows on it constantly, then I'd leave it overnight. If it was on when this happened, the damage is most likely already done, but hopefully nothing major happened if you were able to back up your files.

Just make sure it's dry when you turn it back on, and you should be fine.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker