Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

How do I get stuff off my iPhone?

Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
edited December 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
This may be a stupd question, but here goes.

I just formatted my computer and installed Windows 7. Now I'd like to format my iPhone, because it's slowing down and it's full of stuff, but first I'd like to get my music and applications off the phone and onto my computer - but of course, even though I've authorized this computer in iTunes, there seems to be no way of retrieving my music.

I don't even see a way to re-download what I've purchased from iTunes. I bought an album, for example, and when I log into my store account and go to browse the store, that album doesn't say "download again" or anything. It looks like I'd have to purchase it again. This seems like rank bullshit to me.

I don't want to format my phone until I can get my stuff off of it, and I don't want to have to re-acquire all my music and apps. What's the deal?

Evil Multifarious on
Inquisitor wrote: »
I fucking hate you Canadians.