Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

I got twenty bone(rs) burnin' a hole in my pocket.

MorgensternMorgenstern Registered User regular
edited December 2009 in Social Entropy++
So, my boss just gave me a lottery scratch ticket to play just for the hell of it because he likes to hand these things out as some sort of reward for work, and lo'n'behold, I won myself twenty dollars of the Canadian variety.

Remember when twenty bones could buy you a lot of sweet, sweet swag? Well, it still can, I suppose, if you look hard enough. I started thinking about what it was like when I was 7 or 8 and had twenty bucks to spend and I remember buying Transformers, or Asterix & Obelix books, or a shit-tonne of 5 cent candies. Hell, even pogs.

So, imagine yourself now with 20 bucks, what would you spend that sweet cash on just for the hell of it? Just 20 dollars, no more, no less.

I was thinking of cashing this thing and grabbing a cd and some Wendy's, because that sounds like the stuff of life right now.

Alternatively, talk about what the 8-year old version of yourself would be buying right now with 20 dollars, because in that case, I would be blowing my loot on large amounts of sugar and corn syrup.

What do 8-year olds in this day and age spend 20 bucks on? Meth and weed? The youth of today are all wicked sinners.

Morgenstern on
“Every time we walk along a beach some ancient urge disturbs us so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments or scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers like the homesick refugees of a long war.” - Loren Eiseley