As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Modern Warfare 2: Patch 1.06 Tomorrow! (NSF56K)

• Options
    JaspaJonesJaspaJones Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I hit level 70 today, was underwhelmed by the AK, and have lost any desire to play.

Oh noezz.

JaspaJones on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    so prestige and do it all over again!

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Sorry about disappearing last night on XBL guys. We had some power issues. Lights flickered twice, then the power went out. Yay, modern infrastructure in a kinda-major metropolitan area! :P

I'm about tired of the javelin glitch. It's just annoying as hell. In addition to that have any of you guys been getting 2 guys that know each other on opposite teams? I've seen 4 nukes in the past two days, and that's 4 more than I had seen in the previous 2 (almost 3) weeks and I end up seeing one guy on my team at like 0 & 23 and magically someone on the opposite team is 23, 24, 25 & 0.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, it's quite annoying because the Tac Insert makes boosting waaaay too easy for the chucklefucks. Sitrep helps point me in the direction of where they're hiding, so I try to spoil their plan.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, it's quite annoying because the Tac Insert makes boosting waaaay too easy for the chucklefucks. Sitrep helps point me in the direction of where they're hiding, so I try to spoil their plan.

and if you see a claymore through the walls, you can guess where the cold blooded campers are

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Wren wrote: »

and if you see a claymore through the walls, you can guess where the cold blooded campers are

That too. Got me the 'How the?' challenge today because of it, would have loved to have seen the killcam on that one.

Sitrep is actually a very cool perk, it's just that the pro requirements are stupid. Although, to be fair, this is largely because of claymores and C4 becoming equipment and not a perk like in CoD4.

That being said, their usage is picking up, at least in the matches I'm playing.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    RericReric Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Just read over at Destructoid that Microsoft is issuing temp bans to anyone caught using the Javelin glitch. I only encountered somebody using it once but it was on scrapyard domination so it was extremely annoying.

Reric on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I've fallen in love with a new build for Domination maps.

RPG x 2 + Scavenger Pro + Danger Close Pro = <3<3<3<3

That hyena emblem will be mine before long! :x 50 Multi-Kills with an RPG will be cake.

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ok so what's the deal with tube grenades, what causes them to not explode vs explode? I found boosters on quary last night and tubed them hitting the wall in the corner behind where they stood, no explosion, no dead boosters.... :(

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Camo does not change your clothing guys. Sorry for the bad intel.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »
    Ok so what's the deal with tube grenades, what causes them to not explode vs explode? I found boosters on quary last night and tubed them hitting the wall in the corner behind where they stood, no explosion, no dead boosters.... :(

The grenades that come from the underslung have to travel a certain distance to arm and then blow up. Start walking backwards before you shoot.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Caedere wrote: »
    I've fallen in love with a new build for Domination maps.

RPG x 2 + Scavenger Pro + Danger Close Pro = <3<3<3<3

That hyena emblem will be mine before long! :x 50 Multi-Kills with an RPG will be cake.

Literally the first game I played after I unlocked the RPGx2 and equipped it I got five kills with one shot. On Terminal. In the plane cockpit.

Dunno why people crowded in there. Didn't care. They all dead.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Ok cool, I was assuming it was like impact with a hard surface vs soft, which is why I aimed for the wall between the two of them. Distance makes sense too.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ok cool, I was assuming it was like impact with a hard surface vs soft, which is why I aimed for the wall between the two of them. Distance makes sense too.

I'd just Javelin glitch them, because they just kill you when you run in anyways.

Boosters are ffasfjksdf'ing rediculous.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    man acog on the m21 is way better than the sniper scope. too bad its still got sway (unlike the ACR's acog, that OP rifle)

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Anyone have any ideas as to which maps are better than others for getting the FMJ penetration kills up?

At the moment I found I've had the most penetration kills on Highrise (7 in one match) and Terminal as the luggage seems to count as cover to be penetrated. I also find that I tend to go a bit out of my way to shoot through something, I know i've definately knocked a guy into last stand then positioned myself to shoot through something for the kill.

Cobalt60 on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Cobalt60 wrote: »
    Anyone have any ideas as to which maps are better than others for getting the FMJ penetration kills up?

At the moment I found I've had the most penetration kills on Highrise (7 in one match) and Terminal as the luggage seems to count as cover to be penetrated. I also find that I tend to go a bit out of my way to shoot through something, I know i've definately knocked a guy into last stand then positioned myself to shoot through something for the kill.

Karachi and Invasion have a whole load of rubble to shoot through.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    its not like you can pick which map you can play anyways. otherwise I'd be hitting up highrise and terminal non-stop

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Unconfirmed (and they never will be) weapon stats:

Assault riffle:

M4: 30-20
    Scar-H: 40-30
    FAMAS: 40-30
    M16: 40-30
    ACR: 30-20
    TAR-21 : 40-30
    FN FAL: 55-35
    F2000: 30-20
    Ak-47: 40-30

SMG:

Mp5K:40-20
    P90:30-20
    UZI:30-20
    vector:25-20
    UMP:40 - 35

LMG:

(silenced)

L86: 40-40 (30-30)
    RPD: 40 -40 (30-30)
    MG4: 30 -30 (20-20)
    AUG: 40-40 (30-30)
    m240: 30-30 (20-20)

handgun:

USP: 40-25
    magnum: 50-35
    m9: 40-25
    Desert Eagle: 50-30

Machine pistol

pp2000: 40-20
    glock: 30-20
    m93: 40-30
    TMP: 30-20

Sniper:

70 normal, 50 silenced

(head, chest, stomach,)

intervention: 1.5 - 1.5 - 1.1
    Barret: 1.5 - 1.5 - 1.1
    WA2000: 1.5 - 1.5 - 1
    M21 EBR: 1.5 - 1.1 - 1

Hoz on
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Cobalt60 wrote: »

Karachi and Invasion have a whole load of rubble to shoot through.

Scrapyard is good as well since you have so many opportunities to shoot people through the planes or thin hangar walls.

wonderpug on
  • Options
    CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Actually, Den's forums are working on confirming stats as we speak. :D

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Hoz wrote: »
    Yes, hackers even do hardcore.

*sigh*

I had my first encounter with one last night on the PC version. We were on wasteland, and this guy didn't even try to hide it. Kill Cams are great for figuring this kind of thing out. He'd run around and just all of a sudden aim at bushes or a house or whatever, and as soon as he'd pull the trigger, he'd hit. Plus I think he was using the M249 (with the red digital camo, already, only at like level 60-something). I assume he was using FMJ because bullet penetration was a huge factor. He'd just run, point, aim, shoot, kill, repeat. He NEVER missed. Each player didn't take more than 4 rounds, tops.

He ended up going like 41-0, or something... called in a nuke (which I thought was 50).

Now I'm not saying that I haven't suspected someone was in a house, and I would rake the house with gunfire, hoping to score a hit. This guy was like a laser, first shot ALWAYS hitting whatever he shot at, whether it was apparent on his screen or not.

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    i started using c4 since i play mostly domination, and man its been so worth it when it pays off. we're losing b! click *boom* triple kill thanks.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    i started using c4 since i play mostly domination, and man its been so worth it when it pays off. we're losing b! click *boom* triple kill thanks.

Welcome to the club.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Does danger close boost equipment explosions or is it just weapons?

Hoz on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Any explosive.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Does C4 stay planted if you die?

Ganluan on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Nope.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

is that headshot - chestshot? Stopping Power - Normal?

edit: also, I put acog on an RPD and there is zero sway. . . remind me again why my sniper class also has the parkinson's perk?

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    SisterRaySisterRay Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Is C4 exploded by proximity or by an activator?

I've been having a lot of fun playing Domination. I'm usually getting upwards of 2000 points per match, while my k/d ratio is in the toilet. I'm not sure if that's a lot of points but it's certainly more than I was getting in TDM.

I'm using:

SCAR (w/ heartbeat for the challenge)
    USP .45 (w/ tacknife)

Marathon Pro, Cold Blooded & Commando Pro

Sticking to a pure witch build looks like it's getting tougher due to the prevalence of dual shotguns, so I'm spending more time with the rifle than i have been.

I can't imagine how much time people are spending to get into the 50/60/70+ range of levels. I feel like I play this game a lot (albeit for a married family man), and I'm still at 27.

SisterRay on
    360: SEN0R MachoSolo
    PSN: PalaceBrother
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    called in a nuke (which I thought was 50).

Nuke's at 25 kills.

wonderpug on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

First number is the damage per shot at close range; second number is the minimum amount of damage per shot at extreme range. Each gun maintains the first number damage out to a certain distance, at which point it decreases linearly over distance until the second number damage, and then maintains that second number damage out to infinity.

wonderpug on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    SisterRay wrote: »
    Is C4 exploded by proximity or by an activator.

Activator

joshgotro on
  • Options
    GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    wonderpug wrote: »

First number is the damage per shot at close range; second number is the minimum amount of damage per shot at extreme range. Each gun maintains the first number damage out to a certain distance, at which point it decreases linearly over distance until the second number damage, and then maintains that second number damage out to infinity.

Silencers reduce the range you get maximum damage at, correct?

How far are these distances anyway?

Ganluan on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Scavenger makes c4 garbage unless I am missing a method to blow up my c4 when I have one to place.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Scavenger makes c4 garbage unless I am missing a method to blow up my c4 when I have one to place.

If you have a C4 out and one on you use the shortcut to blow the first one.

Edit: Double tap X on Xbox360

joshgotro on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Throw another one and blow them both up DUR

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Have any of you managed to get a remote detonation kill by placing a third claymore?
    I did it, but it was a teammate and it counted it as him committing suicide.

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I've done that with claymores on afghan I have to much fun claymoring the hummers near the fort area.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I get off work at lunchtime (US Central), if anyone wants to play spec ops. I still haven't played it with anyone. before. I did a few solo just to open up some more.

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.