Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

So Quake 3 turns 10 today.

1246

Posts

  • FatsFats Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    slash000 wrote: »
    I remember John Carmack talking about how great Quake 3 was going to be on a "Geforce 256" because you could use 32-bit color.

    mind blowing

    As opposed to that Voodoo 3 16-bit bullshit, mirite!?

    That was the Riva TNT, and I saved my pennies until I had the $300 required. It was awesome (unless you were playing a game that only had Glide support, in which case it was decidedly less awesome).

  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Robman wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Robman wrote: »
    Well I mean you've kind of hit the problem. Falcon 4.0 pretty much set the gold bar for modern jet combat - and really every modern fighter jet combat sim is the same since dogfights only happen in very unusual situations.

    I mean I suppose it would be one thing if games like ARMA II had sim-level controls for their vehicles, but they seem to use 'realistic' GUIs and arcade style flight controls.

    A helicopter sim set in afghanistan would be a lot of fun, I imagine.

    *cough*

    DCS Black Shark does that. Except replace "Afghanistan" with "Georgia".

    Okay, it's not the exact same thing, but it's still a phenomenally excellent simulator (for their Yankee audience, they're adding the A-10 next). I'm sure this is just my History BA in me talking, but when you said "helicopter sim set in Afghanistan" I immediately thought 1988, rather than 2003.

    I mean modern era, where you're doing lots of medivacs, aid deliveries, as well as combat missions.

    Or medivacs that turn into combat missions, when the usual retarded sim plots demand that the russians invade or something hilarious like that

    Actually, that would pretty much fit 1988 to the bill. Granted, it's not as modern, but you're still going to have the modern touches such as laser guidance, TV guidance, radar, satellite communications, etc.

    Plus, it also is the perfect backdrop for the most widely used airborne ambulance/troop carrrier/armored gunship of all time, the Mi-24, "Hind". Though in terms of ferrying food, aid, medicine, etc., that would be more along the lines of the Mi-8.

    A simulator of the contemporary war would also do the same, of course. I just don't really know what helicopters are involved.

    Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

    Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
  • 0blique0blique Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    slash000 wrote: »
    I had a voodoo 3 2000 and used that for years. I bought it some time shortly after Quake 2 came out.

    I remember "Quake 3 Test"

    Remember that guys? The free "test" beta of the game, came with The Longest Yard and the other level, and there was DM and TDM modes?


    Man not only running that on my PC - which I didn't expect it to run well given my specs at the time - not only ran surprisingly well on my 16 meg Voodoo 3 2000 PCI card but also the lag was half decent, to my surprise, even on my 24.4 modem!

    I remember the "test", and how they kept emphasizing how it wasn't a beta or a demo or anything like that. I had a lot of fun with that, even if it was only with bots, trying to see how many kills I could line up with the rail gun.

    Funny, I've never thought as Q3 as being so old, until I saw this thread, and realized how ancient the computer was that I played it on.

  • slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Yeah I didn't realize how old Quake 3 was either. I mean, it's just always been around kinda but I never actually thought back on where I was and what things were like and how long ago or how old I was when it came out.

  • StigmaStigma Registered User
    edited December 2009
    The older games like this get, the more hardcore we get to feel.

    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
  • RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Sheep wrote: »
    Darmak wrote: »
    Sheep wrote: »
    TheStig wrote: »
    whhhaaaat? I thought the weapon balance was perfect in Q3. At least while playing rocket area. Every weapon had it's use.

    Q3 itself had good balance.

    QuakeLive drastically reduced the splash damage of both the rocket launcher and the BFG to the point that you absolutely have to make a direct hit to do anything with either.



    Oh, and I think the fact that Quake 3 is still around but no one gives a shit about Unreal Tournament anymore finally puts the nail in the coffin over which arena game was better.

    Obviously I always knew it was Q3, but some Plebes just didn't know.

    The same people are playing Q3 as they were 10 years ago, the same people who were playing UT99 10 years ago are still playing as well. I don't get what you're trying to say.

    Quake III has remained immensely popular. UT99, and the series as a whole, has not.

    .

    He understood what the statement meant; he was challenging the veracity of it. As in "People do still play UT, so what's your point?"

    Restating it with different words doesn't do much.

    I know I can go back to some of the UT99 Zark servers I used to haunt and still find players there without too much trouble, for example.

  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Competitive scene?

    Also, Quake 3 Test was good times. We basically had a dedicated server at our favourite lan place. People would come and go, but the game never stopped.

    (Mostly) Competitive Gaming Blog Updated August 18th - Monster Hunting
    stream
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    psychotix wrote: »
    Snare wrote: »
    Darmak wrote: »
    Hahaha, people who turn everything down like that are faggots with shitty computers.

    Kids these days! They're all about graphics and being idiots.

    :lol:

    That and there is a massive advantage to playing with that low detail. Hell I run SLI and all my DM games look like that. :P
    I know why they do it (it's easier to see your opponents if everything is bright/nondistracting), it just seems kinda silly to me. I mean, you spend all of this money on a badass gaming rig, a huge gorgeous monitor, and the newest shooter on the block, and the first thing you do is write a custom config file to make it look like an N64 game.

    They play more then one game? My Quake and Unreal games look like that. When I play say fear single player, or Crysis, I crank the crap out of everything.

    I put this right next to the fags that crank the gamma setting all the way up so dark areas can't hide anyone in them.

    Also, regarding the Quake 3 vs UT99 argument is stupid, since UT99 actually got good sequels that replaced it and have people playing them today.

    steam_sig.png
  • StigmaStigma Registered User
    edited December 2009
    My kingdom for a return to fantastic arena shooters with old school weapon loadouts.
    Rocket Launcher ftw.

    UT3 is nice, but it doesn't have the community, especially on XBL.
    Lack of server support really hurts it.

    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
  • FingerSlutFingerSlut __BANNED USERS
    edited December 2009
    Stigma wrote: »
    My kingdom for a return to fantastic arena shooters with old school weapon loadouts.
    Rocket Launcher ftw.

    UT3 is nice, but it doesn't have the community, especially on XBL.
    Lack of server support really hurts it.

    You could basically reskin/remodel quake3 and it would be tits supreme.

    Very well, I shall take you to heaven, before I take you to hell.
  • StigmaStigma Registered User
    edited December 2009
    FingerSlut wrote: »
    Stigma wrote: »
    My kingdom for a return to fantastic arena shooters with old school weapon loadouts.
    Rocket Launcher ftw.

    UT3 is nice, but it doesn't have the community, especially on XBL.
    Lack of server support really hurts it.

    You could basically reskin/remodel quake3 and it would be tits supreme.

    I've always thought a good progression would simply involve more maps. Rerelease this mother with all of the old maps from Q1, Q2 and Q3, then add a new bunch. Every new Quake release would just add to what had been built previously.

    Arena deathmatch never needed much map knowledge.

    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
  • FingerSlutFingerSlut __BANNED USERS
    edited December 2009
    Stigma wrote: »
    FingerSlut wrote: »
    Stigma wrote: »
    My kingdom for a return to fantastic arena shooters with old school weapon loadouts.
    Rocket Launcher ftw.

    UT3 is nice, but it doesn't have the community, especially on XBL.
    Lack of server support really hurts it.

    You could basically reskin/remodel quake3 and it would be tits supreme.

    I've always thought a good progression would simply involve more maps. Rerelease this mother with all of the old maps from Q1, Q2 and Q3, then add a new bunch. Every new Quake release would just add to what had been built previously.

    Arena deathmatch never needed much map knowledge.

    Epic sauce in muh Quake...hmm idk. Consult the Carmack.

    Very well, I shall take you to heaven, before I take you to hell.
  • psychotixpsychotix __BANNED USERS
    edited December 2009
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    psychotix wrote: »
    Snare wrote: »
    Darmak wrote: »
    Hahaha, people who turn everything down like that are faggots with shitty computers.

    Kids these days! They're all about graphics and being idiots.

    :lol:

    That and there is a massive advantage to playing with that low detail. Hell I run SLI and all my DM games look like that. :P
    I know why they do it (it's easier to see your opponents if everything is bright/nondistracting), it just seems kinda silly to me. I mean, you spend all of this money on a badass gaming rig, a huge gorgeous monitor, and the newest shooter on the block, and the first thing you do is write a custom config file to make it look like an N64 game.

    They play more then one game? My Quake and Unreal games look like that. When I play say fear single player, or Crysis, I crank the crap out of everything.

    I put this right next to the fags that crank the gamma setting all the way up so dark areas can't hide anyone in them.

    Also, regarding the Quake 3 vs UT99 argument is stupid, since UT99 actually got good sequels that replaced it and have people playing them today.

    well with comp mods you have bright skins and hit sounds so you don't have to, but everybody still does.

    What "good" sequels? UT 2003 changed the gameplay a lot and split the community in half over wether it sucked or not. UT2004 added noobslaught aka battlefield UT and again, split the community in half. UT 3 again tried to fix things but by then anybody who liked DM and CTF had long sworn them off and even the noobslaught players agreed the game was a disaster.

    Quake 3 had one shitty sequel and that was it. But people still love it and id still has their fans. UT had three shitty sequels that people will hate them for.

  • HavelockHavelock Registered User
    edited December 2009
    Stigma wrote: »
    The older games like this get, the more hardcore we get to feel.

    Tribes makes me feel like this. Borrowing my buddies cd to download on my parents mediocre PC, and going head to head on LAN late at night, sometimes staying up till 3 on a school night. Drinking pepsi all night holy shit

  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Problem with that is you need to rebalance each map if you port them. The design is all off, and the proportions are different, but both of those can be fixed. It's weapon balance that differs a lot. Quake 1 didn't have the rail gun, and rockets and grenades were very different. So was the lightning gun, but they're both strong. The Quake 3 shotgun is way better than the Quake 1 shotgun, etc.

    (Mostly) Competitive Gaming Blog Updated August 18th - Monster Hunting
    stream
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    Raynaga wrote: »
    Sheep wrote: »
    Darmak wrote: »
    Sheep wrote: »
    TheStig wrote: »
    whhhaaaat? I thought the weapon balance was perfect in Q3. At least while playing rocket area. Every weapon had it's use.

    Q3 itself had good balance.

    QuakeLive drastically reduced the splash damage of both the rocket launcher and the BFG to the point that you absolutely have to make a direct hit to do anything with either.



    Oh, and I think the fact that Quake 3 is still around but no one gives a shit about Unreal Tournament anymore finally puts the nail in the coffin over which arena game was better.

    Obviously I always knew it was Q3, but some Plebes just didn't know.

    The same people are playing Q3 as they were 10 years ago, the same people who were playing UT99 10 years ago are still playing as well. I don't get what you're trying to say.

    Quake III has remained immensely popular. UT99, and the series as a whole, has not.

    .

    He understood what the statement meant; he was challenging the veracity of it. As in "People do still play UT, so what's your point?"

    Restating it with different words doesn't do much.

    I know I can go back to some of the UT99 Zark servers I used to haunt and still find players there without too much trouble, for example.

    Except that Unreal is no longer as popular as the Quake series when the two were neck and neck, and that Quake III has a larger player base due to it still being supported, updated, and ported to new systems.

    I can still log into some MUDs from back in 97 and find people playing. That doesn't mean MUDs are still popular. Or good, for that matter.

    QlBGc.jpg
  • StigmaStigma Registered User
    edited December 2009
    Page- wrote: »
    Problem with that is you need to rebalance each map if you port them. The design is all off, and the proportions are different, but both of those can be fixed. It's weapon balance that differs a lot. Quake 1 didn't have the rail gun, and rockets and grenades were very different. So was the lightning gun, but they're both strong. The Quake 3 shotgun is way better than the Quake 1 shotgun, etc.

    The Quake 1 maps would feel very different I'm sure, but they would still play fine.
    Obviously some thought would need to be put into what weapons to make available on the maps. They could still look really cool on a new engine, what with all the darkness and lava.

    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
  • FingerSlutFingerSlut __BANNED USERS
    edited December 2009
    Page- wrote: »
    Problem with that is you need to rebalance each map if you port them. The design is all off, and the proportions are different, but both of those can be fixed. It's weapon balance that differs a lot. Quake 1 didn't have the rail gun, and rockets and grenades were very different. So was the lightning gun, but they're both strong. The Quake 3 shotgun is way better than the Quake 1 shotgun, etc.

    But you got a fuckin axe in Quake 1.:winky:

    Very well, I shall take you to heaven, before I take you to hell.
  • StigmaStigma Registered User
    edited December 2009
    FingerSlut wrote: »
    Page- wrote: »
    Problem with that is you need to rebalance each map if you port them. The design is all off, and the proportions are different, but both of those can be fixed. It's weapon balance that differs a lot. Quake 1 didn't have the rail gun, and rockets and grenades were very different. So was the lightning gun, but they're both strong. The Quake 3 shotgun is way better than the Quake 1 shotgun, etc.

    But you got a fuckin axe in Quake 1.:winky:

    Oh! Oh! I'd like to see a choice in melee weapon for this Ultimate Quake Redux Edition I'm envisioning. Similar to building your class in a Call of Duty.
    We've got the axe, the strange... saw thing from Q3 (don't remember) and what was it in Q2? I think it was just a pistol with unlimited ammo iirc.
    I wonder what other choices could be put into a character creator for a game like this.

    (I'm off the deep end now)

    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
  • FingerSlutFingerSlut __BANNED USERS
    edited December 2009
    Stigma wrote: »
    FingerSlut wrote: »
    Page- wrote: »
    Problem with that is you need to rebalance each map if you port them. The design is all off, and the proportions are different, but both of those can be fixed. It's weapon balance that differs a lot. Quake 1 didn't have the rail gun, and rockets and grenades were very different. So was the lightning gun, but they're both strong. The Quake 3 shotgun is way better than the Quake 1 shotgun, etc.

    But you got a fuckin axe in Quake 1.:winky:

    Oh! Oh! I'd like to see a choice in melee weapon for this Ultimate Quake Redux Edition I'm envisioning. Similar to building your class in a Call of Duty.
    We've got the axe, the strange... saw thing from Q3 (don't remember) and what was it in Q2? I think it was just a pistol with unlimited ammo iirc.
    I wonder what other choices could be put into a character creator for a game like this.

    (I'm off the deep end now)

    There was a mod called quake generations that dreamed this dream. It never took off though.:x

    Very well, I shall take you to heaven, before I take you to hell.
  • StigmaStigma Registered User
    edited December 2009
    FingerSlut wrote: »
    Stigma wrote: »
    FingerSlut wrote: »
    Page- wrote: »
    Problem with that is you need to rebalance each map if you port them. The design is all off, and the proportions are different, but both of those can be fixed. It's weapon balance that differs a lot. Quake 1 didn't have the rail gun, and rockets and grenades were very different. So was the lightning gun, but they're both strong. The Quake 3 shotgun is way better than the Quake 1 shotgun, etc.

    But you got a fuckin axe in Quake 1.:winky:

    Oh! Oh! I'd like to see a choice in melee weapon for this Ultimate Quake Redux Edition I'm envisioning. Similar to building your class in a Call of Duty.
    We've got the axe, the strange... saw thing from Q3 (don't remember) and what was it in Q2? I think it was just a pistol with unlimited ammo iirc.
    I wonder what other choices could be put into a character creator for a game like this.

    (I'm off the deep end now)

    There was a mod called quake generations that dreamed this dream. It never took off though.:x

    I remember hearing about that, now that you mention it...

    This idea is a whole lot less crazy than combining all maps and weapons for Counter-Strike, Soldier of Fortune 2, and CoD MW1&2.

    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
  • slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    FingerSlut wrote: »
    Stigma wrote: »
    My kingdom for a return to fantastic arena shooters with old school weapon loadouts.
    Rocket Launcher ftw.

    UT3 is nice, but it doesn't have the community, especially on XBL.
    Lack of server support really hurts it.

    You could basically reskin/remodel quake3 and it would be tits supreme.

    I was asking earlier in the thread if anyone had ever done a Texture pack for Quake 3, like there are high res texture packs for a lot of older games.

    Apparently there aren't any.

    But then, the only people who still play and love Quake 3 don't care about that stuff anyway, and many of them would rather crank down the graphics to get a slight visual advantage in the competition rather than crank up the graphics and make it look awesome.

    Me, I think it'd be sweet to see Quake 3 with a modernized high res texture pack.

  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Stigma wrote: »
    Page- wrote: »
    Problem with that is you need to rebalance each map if you port them. The design is all off, and the proportions are different, but both of those can be fixed. It's weapon balance that differs a lot. Quake 1 didn't have the rail gun, and rockets and grenades were very different. So was the lightning gun, but they're both strong. The Quake 3 shotgun is way better than the Quake 1 shotgun, etc.

    The Quake 1 maps would feel very different I'm sure, but they would still play fine.
    Obviously some thought would need to be put into what weapons to make available on the maps. They could still look really cool on a new engine, what with all the darkness and lava.

    A lot of maps WERE ported, they just kind of sucked balls, for the reasons I stated.

    Even a straight port will be weird because the proportions and dimensions are so different, especially between Quake 2 and Quake 3. You can change everything over, but the map just feels off. You move and jump and expect to be one place but find yourself in another. The map-specific trick jumps don't carry over -- Quake 2 had double jumps and slope jumps, Quake 1 had air control -- the simplest example being the standard megehealth jumps on The Edge, you just can't do them in Quake 3, which takes out a huge part of the map.

    (Mostly) Competitive Gaming Blog Updated August 18th - Monster Hunting
    stream
  • StigmaStigma Registered User
    edited December 2009
    I just like the way a map like Deck 14 has followed the Unreal franchise the whole way through. It's changed, but remained the same.

    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
  • FingerSlutFingerSlut __BANNED USERS
    edited December 2009
    Stigma wrote: »
    I just like the way a map like Deck 14 has followed the Unreal franchise the whole way through. It's changed, but remained the same.

    Facing worlds evolved nicely as well.

    Very well, I shall take you to heaven, before I take you to hell.
  • StigmaStigma Registered User
    edited December 2009
    FingerSlut wrote: »
    Stigma wrote: »
    I just like the way a map like Deck 14 has followed the Unreal franchise the whole way through. It's changed, but remained the same.

    Facing worlds evolved nicely as well.

    I was quite disappointed that the latest version of it isn't in SPACE!
    Morpheus stopped following too, which is sad. I suppose it's because The Matrix became uncool.

    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
  • FingerSlutFingerSlut __BANNED USERS
    edited December 2009
    Stigma wrote: »
    FingerSlut wrote: »
    Stigma wrote: »
    I just like the way a map like Deck 14 has followed the Unreal franchise the whole way through. It's changed, but remained the same.

    Facing worlds evolved nicely as well.

    I was quite disappointed that the latest version of it isn't in SPACE!
    Morpheus stopped following too, which is sad. I suppose it's because The Matrix became uncool.

    UT3 seemed to take to a eastern flavor this go around. I don't mind it, but the egyptian and outerspace versions were really cool.

    Very well, I shall take you to heaven, before I take you to hell.
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    psychotix wrote: »
    well with comp mods you have bright skins and hit sounds so you don't have to, but everybody still does.

    What "good" sequels? UT 2003 changed the gameplay a lot and split the community in half over wether it sucked or not. UT2004 added noobslaught aka battlefield UT and again, split the community in half. UT 3 again tried to fix things but by then anybody who liked DM and CTF had long sworn them off and even the noobslaught players agreed the game was a disaster.

    Quake 3 had one shitty sequel and that was it. But people still love it and id still has their fans. UT had three shitty sequels that people will hate them for.

    I meant it more in a sense that Quake 4 was horrible, because I wasn't a big fan of UT2K3, but I'm confident that UT2K4 and UT3 have a much bigger current playerbase than Q3 and Q4.

    steam_sig.png
  • FingerSlutFingerSlut __BANNED USERS
    edited December 2009
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    psychotix wrote: »
    well with comp mods you have bright skins and hit sounds so you don't have to, but everybody still does.

    What "good" sequels? UT 2003 changed the gameplay a lot and split the community in half over wether it sucked or not. UT2004 added noobslaught aka battlefield UT and again, split the community in half. UT 3 again tried to fix things but by then anybody who liked DM and CTF had long sworn them off and even the noobslaught players agreed the game was a disaster.

    Quake 3 had one shitty sequel and that was it. But people still love it and id still has their fans. UT had three shitty sequels that people will hate them for.

    I meant it more in a sense that Quake 4 was horrible, because I wasn't a big fan of UT2K3, but I'm confident that UT2K4 and UT3 have a much bigger current playerbase than Q3 and Q4.

    Quake4 doesn't count.

    Very well, I shall take you to heaven, before I take you to hell.
  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    There are like 50 q2dm1 ports for Quake 3. They're just not that great to play once the whole gimmick of playing a favourite wears off. There are many more CTF map ports, and some of them work alright because they're less trick-jumping reliant and the layout works the same.

    CPMA and Warsow have a bunch of Quake 1 ports, and they work because the movement carries over.

    Besides all that, q2dm3 was better, and never got ported. :X

    (Mostly) Competitive Gaming Blog Updated August 18th - Monster Hunting
    stream
  • descdesc Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Wow. Not only does planetquake still exist, it has updates?

    Planetdaikatana is gone through. :l

    And speaking of the passage of time, Quake1 is on its way to the iPhone. So pumped.

  • slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Quake 1 on the iPhone? how will that control? I mean, I'm no iPhone gamer, but I've played Wolfenstein on the thing. A nd while it .. functioned well enough controls-wise, it also had the benefit of being a very straighforward game.

    Well anyway, that's pretty cool. If I had a portable device that had Quake on it, I'd sure as hell buy.

    I wish they'd put Quake 1 on the DS and/or PSP. And no, I don't want to mod either for CFW and make it work.

  • FingerSlutFingerSlut __BANNED USERS
    edited December 2009
    slash000 wrote: »
    Quake 1 on the iPhone? how will that control? I mean, I'm no iPhone gamer, but I've played Wolfenstein on the thing. A nd while it .. functioned well enough controls-wise, it also had the benefit of being a very straighforward game.

    Well anyway, that's pretty cool. If I had a portable device that had Quake on it, I'd sure as hell buy.

    I wish they'd put Quake 1 on the DS and/or PSP. And no, I don't want to mod either for CFW and make it work.

    Quake didn't even have mouselook by default so i'm sure it'll translate well.

    Very well, I shall take you to heaven, before I take you to hell.
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So what were you fine gentlemen doing when Quake 3 came out?

    I guess I was doing my GCSEs.

    Fucking christ. What the holy hell happened to the last ten years?

    scarab you have mental problems
  • StigmaStigma Registered User
    edited December 2009
    So there's a report out claiming that this has been the worst decade after world war two.
    I blame Quake 3.

    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    As in Quake 3 comes out in 1999 and nothing for the next 10 years can hold a candle to it?

    (Mostly) Competitive Gaming Blog Updated August 18th - Monster Hunting
    stream
  • StigmaStigma Registered User
    edited December 2009
    As in Quake 3 is responsible for the war, recession and crumbling of all taste and culture.

    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I guess after that monument, when people realized they just couldn't surpass it, society just gives up. Once everyone has a copy the sales dry up and the economy tanks, etc.

    (Mostly) Competitive Gaming Blog Updated August 18th - Monster Hunting
    stream
  • FingerSlutFingerSlut __BANNED USERS
    edited December 2009
    Page- wrote: »
    I guess after that monument, when people realized they just couldn't surpass it, society just gives up. Once everyone has a copy the sales dry up and the economy tanks, etc.

    Why do you think Carmack is making a rocketship? He's getting the F outta here!

    Edit: With his money bags, of course.

    Very well, I shall take you to heaven, before I take you to hell.
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    FingerSlut wrote: »
    Page- wrote: »
    I guess after that monument, when people realized they just couldn't surpass it, society just gives up. Once everyone has a copy the sales dry up and the economy tanks, etc.

    Why do you think Carmack is making a rocketship? He's getting the F outta here!

    Edit: With his money bags, of course.

    God I wish I saved that forum macro I made which was basically 'John Carmack can fly. What the fuck have you done lately?'

    scarab you have mental problems
Sign In or Register to comment.