Options

Copying files - CD missing at startup - can't get rid of it

oncelingonceling Registered User regular
edited December 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
So I'm home for the holidays fixing my mom's PC. The only lingering problem I am having is that every time the computer starts up, this appears:

4162092610_3eed0ddcc2_o.jpg

You can easily close it and it won't come back until next startup, but it's irritating to me.

I assume it's in relation to the HP printer. No, the CD isn't available. My mom thinks the guy that installed the printer for her (some IT dude she uses because she's not very computer savvy) probably took it with him. Chances of getting it back are zero. When I first got here, the computer kept saying "found new hardware" (the printer) on startup and then said it might not have the right drivers, blah blah blah. So I've downloaded and installed the correct drivers from the net as a first attempt at fixing this. The printer works great (it did before anyway) and now "found new hardware" does not come up.

However, even though the printer drivers are now installed fine, I can't get rid of this copying files message on every startup. I went into MSconfig and couldn't find anything related to it in the Startup list:

4162092604_69422838e3_o.jpg

I also took a look in the Windows -> Current Version -> Run sections of Regedit under Current User and Local Machine. It looks sparse too but I'm not very experienced with that.

Anyone know what I should do?

onceling on