Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Sealing tall recessed windows for winter.

supabeastsupabeast Registered User regular
edited December 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I live in an apartment with high ceilings, 15 feet, and my windows run about twelve of that. Two of them are drafty as hell and I need to seal them off for winter. The problem is that the windows are recessed almost a foot back from the wall, so there’s no frame to put plastic over. The only solution I can think of is to borrow a ladder and caulk them (they don’t open anyway) but I was wondering if there’s a less permanent option.

supabeast on