As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Health Care - Don't worry, I'm sure this cough will clear up soon

1131415161719»

• Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I like how it follows the expected trend of + right = + authoritarian

NotASenator on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    NotACrook wrote: »
    sepluspluspoliticalspectrum.png

This is what you should take from any political discussions on SE++

Homie hits home.
    pcgraphpng.php?ec=-2.38&soc=-5.23

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    There's simply no way to express political affiliation or belief with a two-dimensional chart in a meaningful way, especially when they don't weight the questions. "A significant advantage of a one-party system is that it avoids delays caused by democracy." Well, yes, you have to agree with that. It's true. It doesn't make me more authoritarian.

Different people find different issues more salient, and there's not a meaningful way of expressing them graphically in relation to each other. I might be very authoritarian on the issue of reproductive rights but extremely libertarian about certain economic issues. The political compass test refuses to reflect that.

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    There's simply no way to express political affiliation or belief with a two-dimensional chart in a meaningful way, especially when they don't weight the questions. "A significant advantage of a one-party system is that it avoids delays caused by democracy." Well, yes, you have to agree with that. It's true. It doesn't make me more authoritarian.

Different people find different issues more salient, and there's not a meaningful way of expressing them graphically in relation to each other. I might be very authoritarian on the issue of reproductive rights but extremely libertarian about certain economic issues. The political compass test refuses to reflect that.

It's the same issue you bump into when you encounter any test that attempts to qualify any opinion or aspect of a person.

I thought it was a foregone conclusion that such tests are an amusement and nothing more.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    MrMonroe wrote: »

as much as I agree with you on that, I currently don't know of a more appropriate online test that can be taken. It might be because I haven't looked and that this one was linked a while back.

Mr. Buttons on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    in addition to scoring in the lower-left quadrant of that chart, my personality is most like a Charizard and my spirit colour is red

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm a special snowflake
    pcgraphpng.php?ec=-5.50&soc=-5.69

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Lockout wrote: »
    I'm a special snowflake
    pcgraphpng.php?ec=-5.50&soc=-5.69

thats actually exactly where i was placed :|

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    you're like a brother from another mother

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    in addition to scoring in the lower-left quadrant of that chart, my personality is most like a Charizard and my spirit colour is red
    I want to take those tests, specifically the Pokemon one

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    edited December 2009

man, all of us plant-types are screwed

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited December 2009
    grass types support faint panels and conspire to take away your constitutional right to bear offensive movesets

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    grass types support faint panels and conspire to take away your constitutional right to bear offensive movesets

those bastards, nerfing my OHKOs!

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    Some pokemon just don't deserve to be played in battle

metapods are god's abortions

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

i support the right to carry reasonable offensive moves such as bulk up for self-defense from wild pokemon or constructive trainer battles

but no one needs something as powerful as swords dance in order to defeat a wild pidgey

ban swords dance and related "assault" moves, keep reasonable one-stage stat raisers

redhead on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Bulba "Hussein" Saur

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    you take away a pokemon's right to swords dance, and BAM the ludicolo will just start SWARMING over that border

we need these moves to defend ourselves

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    NotASenator on
  • Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    NotACrook wrote: »

Jesus christ man. Ugh.