As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East Costumes '10?

• RainbowTunnelRainbowTunnel Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    dwot wrote: »
    Oh yeah, being that I was blind.. I was only available for about 1-2 hours on Saturday until I started wondering about what was going on in the world of PAX, and started to overheat. And I was so fucking scared of ESCALATORS!

Escalators are serious business, the Doctor's coat had me on guard all day Saturday.

Escalators were SO fun to be in-character on: the people behind/in front of me couldn't get away. : P They had to stand there, waiting to get off, while watching me huddle in a corner weeping. Some took pictures, but most had a horrified "what do I do??" look exchanged with whoever was next to them. It was amusing, to say the least.

But they are NOT fun when you are a blind Pokemon trusting his misfit friends on movement... I could've been killed!

Yeah, that fabric could have totatlly been caught and then you'd be sucked down under the escalator, where all the other cosplayers with too much fabric on their costumes are. And furries.

@Kihu: I'm not going to quote your post - too many pictures lol. But thank you so much! Yeah, I remember him. That guy. Banging those balloon thinggiemajigs. Why if my claws were sharp enough, I would've popped them noise makers right then and there. : P

To the guy who cosplayed Gears of War (that big black dude/son - I think it's GoW?), that was a fabulous cosplay. I loved it so much.

RainbowTunnel on
  • kihukihu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    @Kihu: I'm not going to quote your post - too many pictures lol. But thank you so much! Yeah, I remember him. That guy. Banging those balloon thinggiemajigs. Why if my claws were sharp enough, I would've popped them noise makers right then and there. : P

To the guy who cosplayed Gears of War (that big black dude/son - I think it's GoW?), that was a fabulous cosplay. I loved it so much.

Oh man, you were the witch?! We weren't sure if he had actually scared you, but you were such a great sport, so thanks =) I hope we didn't freak you out too much, I know those Nvidia things are obnoxious. Loved your cosplay and dedication to the character, was a great experience. We have a video of it, actually, if I can grab it from my friend maybe I'll upload it if you don't mind lol.

kihu on
  • RainbowTunnelRainbowTunnel Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    kihu wrote: »

Oh man, you were the witch?! We weren't sure if he had actually scared you, but you were such a great sport, so thanks =) I hope we didn't freak you out too much, I know those Nvidia things are obnoxious. Loved your cosplay and dedication to the character, was a great experience. We have a video of it, actually, if I can grab it from my friend maybe I'll upload it if you don't mind lol.

Well you definitely scared me in-character! And no problem, it's always fun going along with people's expectations of what'll happen when you startle the Witch. ; D And sure, go ahead and upload it. Would you send me a link?

RainbowTunnel on
  • UGetBeatByGirls PMSUGetBeatByGirls PMS Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    @willmannyeatthat
    Hey!! I was the Zoey that posed with you for about an hour lol ^5 for lending me the fake pistol a million times for pics! Too bad my Hunter wasn't with me at the time, would've been priceless. We were seperated for the scavenger hunt that we were doing.
    You looked so good as Louis though! Major props Manny!

Wish I could've worn my costume all weekend, however a) I wore my black clan shirts Fri/Sun, and b) Clothes shouldn't be worn and walked around in and sweated in for more than a day in a row. lol

UGetBeatByGirls PMS on
  • MidniteBlazeMidniteBlaze Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    jp182 wrote: »
    if anyone has pictures of my girlfriend can you post them?
    she was dressed as Franziska Von Karma from the Ace Attorney Series. She didn't have a wig and she's a tiny asian girl.

Somehow we only got one picture of her while she was dressed up and I know a few people took pics of her.

Hi again! Here's the link to the pic of your girlfriend as Franziska von Karma! =)

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx21/MidniteBlaze_PAXEast/PAX%20East%202010/IMG_8559.jpg

P.S. also here's the link to the album of a few more fun pics that I took this past weekend at PAX East..

http://s738.photobucket.com/albums/xx21/MidniteBlaze_PAXEast/PAX%20East%202010/

MidniteBlaze on
  • Luigi_603Luigi_603 Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    My twin brother and I were Mario & Luigi on Sunday. Not some amateur Mario Bros either, we had beards all month so we could sculpt them into authentic mustaches for the show, and we are very authentic identical twin italian brothers from the North Shore.

We had at least 100 people take our pictures on Sunday, but I never let anybody use MY CAMERA. So, needless to say, were kind of bumming we cant show people at work why we looked like homeless people all month. I found a picture of us with the Ghostbusters squad on flickr, but nothing on major sites or anywhere else. So here I am. If anyone has photos I'd love to see um.

Thanks, Luigi

Luigi_603 on
  • crimsong19crimsong19 New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I found video of you as the Witch on one of the other threads. Here ya go! http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=115726&page=4

crimsong19 on
    PAX East status: Hotel [X] Three-day passes [] Two one-day passes [X] Cookie recipes [X] Transportation [X]
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Next year, try to move out of the exhibit hall entrance if you are going to pose for ten minutes.

NotASenator on
  • DrainDrain [E] Tabletop Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Drain wrote: »
    Your Witch was perfect. I was standing against the wall in the hallway outside TT and you came over and started crying next to me. I was thinking, "Oh shit, flashlights off... wait should I aggro her? I don't even have a pistol. I need a Tommy gun for something like this."

Perfectly creepy :)

Ohhh were you the cosplayer with the mask/glowing blue eyes? (Don't know which game, sorry) Cause that was awesome. : )

Thank you! It's Carl Swangee from Automata (Page 1 of 6).

Oh btw, I was looking for pictures of me and found this.

Drain on
    N9pjfAk.png
    "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho
  • TheGreat2ndTheGreat2nd Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    kihu wrote: »

Well you definitely scared me in-character! And no problem, it's always fun going along with people's expectations of what'll happen when you startle the Witch. ; D And sure, go ahead and upload it. Would you send me a link?
    :!::!::!:
    You're the L4D Witch!
    Your costume was awesome!
    Moreso because Mike and Jerry told a story about you during the create a strip on Saturday.
    Security Guard: "Am I supposed to pull out my gun and chase her?"

TheGreat2nd on
    BinghamtonUniversity.png
    I'm Jacob Wilson. | facebook | thegreat2nd | [url="aim:goim?screenname=TheGreatSecond&message=Hello+from+the+Penny+Arcade+Forums!"]aim[/url]
  • ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Oh yeah, being that I was blind.. I was only available for about 1-2 hours on Saturday until I started wondering about what was going on in the world of PAX, and started to overheat. And I was so fucking scared of ESCALATORS!

Escalators are serious business, the Doctor's coat had me on guard all day Saturday.

Oh yeah. Escalators made me very nervous. I got very good at gathering my scarf instinctively whenever I got on one. :P

I'm sure as more people arrive home/settle in, more pictures will start popping up.

Propriety on
    That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
  • crimsong19crimsong19 New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Propriety wrote: »
    Oh yeah. Escalators made me very nervous. I got very good at gathering my scarf instinctively whenever I got on one. :P

I'm sure as more people arrive home/settle in, more pictures will start popping up.
    Were you the 4th Doctor?!

crimsong19 on
    PAX East status: Hotel [X] Three-day passes [] Two one-day passes [X] Cookie recipes [X] Transportation [X]
  • mei0023mei0023 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Propriety wrote: »

How long was that thing? o_O

mei0023 on
    XBL: s0ph14 | Currently playing: Bioshock 2 | On tap: Ocarina of Time
  • king_e_dawgking_e_dawg Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So wait... were there two really tall Bayonettas running around? Because I spotted one in the Expo Hall day one that had a different costume and hair.

Also, the Witch thing is great. Even better was Mike Krahulik's story about the security guard's reaction to it. "Should I draw my gun?"

king_e_dawg on
  • KevinTheJamesKevinTheJames Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Here are a handful from the Ghostbusters of New Hampshire:

Dorks.jpg
    100_1881.jpg
    100_1898.jpg
    100_1886.jpg

KevinTheJames on
  • SlayerPathSlayerPath Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    This is the only pic of me that I found so far 0624.500x_5F00_027_2D00_1280.jpg
    Your Louis cosplay was awesome man. I loved it.
    Here's my Nick cosplay. Just trying to find more pics of people who got some of me. I'm the Nick on the left.
    Double Vision

SlayerPath on
  • katkamikatkami Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    katkami on
  • Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I keep seeing bikini Pikachu on every PAX related website... she's unstoppable.

Lord Jezo on
    Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • archer823archer823 Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Anyone got pictures of Nick Fury? My friend (who played the young Sam mofo Jackson look a like) wants to see pics that people took.

archer823 on
  • spiderz13spiderz13 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Anyone have any pictures of Professor Layton Cosplayer (aka me)? I lost some photos off my camera so any would be great.

spiderz13 on
  • ROFLROFL Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    spiderz13 wrote: »
    Anyone have any pictures of Professor Layton Cosplayer (aka me)? I lost some photos off my camera so any would be great.

man. times like this I wish I'd cosplayed Luke.

but I have a crappy picture on my phone that my brother took if you want it. I don't think you were posing. I think it was ninja style. But he sent it to me friday when I was at work to make me jealous/happy.. I'm not sure which.

ROFL on
  • ShilohShiloh Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Escalators were SO fun to be in-character on: the people behind/in front of me couldn't get away. : P They had to stand there, waiting to get off, while watching me huddle in a corner weeping. Some took pictures, but most had a horrified "what do I do??" look exchanged with whoever was next to them. It was amusing, to say the least.

But they are NOT fun when you are a blind Pokemon trusting his misfit friends on movement... I could've been killed!

I loved your costume! ( I was the gear.) I can't wait to see if my wife got a good picture of us together! I felt bad for you though when i asked you could you see anything in there, and you had this sad little "no."

Shiloh on
    Be excellent to each other!
    edited March 2010
    @ Rainbow Tunnel, your witch was amazing! My wife asked did i want to get a picture with you, and at first I said yes, but then i remembered, "don't startle the witch..." and I also wondered how quickly your claws would rip open my armor, so I had to pass, but it was a great costume, and you played the role to a perfect "T"!

Shiloh on
    edited March 2010
    So wait... were there two really tall Bayonettas running around? Because I spotted one in the Expo Hall day one that had a different costume and hair.

Also, the Witch thing is great. Even better was Mike Krahulik's story about the security guard's reaction to it. "Should I draw my gun?"

There were, in fact, two Bayonettas. I wish I'd gotten a picture of them sitting together--it was really surreal.

Also, I only spotted the witch once, but two guys behind me started asking "Run or shoot? RUN OR SHOOT? BOTH!"

mei0023 on
  • willmannyeatthatwillmannyeatthat Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    @Slayer Thanks man, your Nick frying pan was a great idea and you looked great.

@UGETBEATBYGIRLSPMS Thanks, I didn't mind letting you use the gun since I had the rifle. Your costume rocked and I think your hunter friend was the hunter who creeped up behind me and totally startled me. If that was a real hunter I would have been downed for sure.

I took many picks of everyone, I'll try to see if I can upload them sometime soon.

willmannyeatthat on
    Pokemon Pearl: 4640 3998 1657
  • dwotdwot Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    If anyone has pics of the Tenth Doctor from Saturday (Brown Suit), I'd love to see them. I'd also like to thank all the people who made cosplaying a fun time. I've never done any cosplay before and wasn't sure what to expect, but from the quick Doctor Who references in passing, to the photos and the attack hugs it was a pretty awesome experience.

dwot on
    "People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly.... timey-wimey.... stuff."
    edited March 2010
    @ mei0023, I hope I am correct, but I believe i saw you on Sunday, your costume was very nicely done as well. Great job indeed.

I was able to get a picture with one of the two Bayonettas while I was inside my armor, I can't remember if she was standing taller than me or not, but I'm 6'5" and I do remember asking myself is she as tall as me, or is it the gunheels that she is rocking.

Shiloh on
  • aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    If anyone has pics of the Tenth Doctor from Saturday (Brown Suit), I'd love to see them. I'd also like to thank all the people who made cosplaying a fun time. I've never done any cosplay before and wasn't sure what to expect, but from the quick Doctor Who references in passing, to the photos and the attack hugs it was a pretty awesome experience.

I've seen a bunch of pics of you on Flickr. I did a search for pax east, and pax east cosplay.

aerynkelly on
    fss_overall.png
  • sofursofur Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yo, did anyone get or find pictures of a dude walking around in blue camo, a bit of armor, and a gasmask? Can't find any, and I'd like at least one of the pictures that was taken of me as I never had my camera with me.

KTHXBAI

sofur on
    edited March 2010
    Shiloh wrote: »
    @ mei0023, I hope I am correct, but I believe i saw you on Sunday, your costume was very nicely done as well. Great job indeed.

Thanks! Were you the Gear? If so, you did an awesome job. And your son was a great sport about carrying the Lancer!

mei0023 on
  • wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    sofur wrote: »
    Yo, did anyone get or find pictures of a dude walking around in blue camo, a bit of armor, and a gasmask? Can't find any, and I'd like at least one of the pictures that was taken of me as I never had my camera with me.

KTHXBAI

Were you the guy with blue camo pants and some kind of armor plates on your arms? I couldn't tell if that costume was from a game I had never seen or if it was just 'futuristic costume not affiliated with any previously established futuristic combat scenarios.'

wonderpug on
    edited March 2010
    mei0023 wrote: »

Thanks! Were you the Gear? If so, you did an awesome job. And your son was a great sport about carrying the Lancer!

that i was, and thank you!

my son wasn't supposed to be there because of issues that he was having in school, so he though he had lost his chance to go, but at the last moments we let him go, but he was going to be the bearer of all gear, lancer boy, helm boy, backpack child, and anything eles we needed all weekend long...

I took the position of it's one thing to take pax from him if he's never been to pax... it's another to take it from him if he can see it, hear it, and taste it as its so close yet so very far away... needless to say the change in his attitude has been dramatic since we've been home and started making plans for next year. :winky:

Shiloh on
    edited March 2010

my son wasn't supposed to be there because of issues that he was having in school, so he though he had lost his chance to go, but at the last moments we let him go, but he was going to be the bearer of all gear, lancer boy, helm boy, backpack child, and anything eles we needed all weekend long...

I took the position of it's one thing to take pax from him if he's never been to pax... it's another to take it from him if he can see it, hear it, and taste it as its so close yet so very far away... needless to say the change in his attitude has been dramatic since we've been home and started making plans for next year. :winky:

Nice! It's always good to have a carrot on the end of a year-long stick. I spotted him and your wife in the Expo floor; she called out to him and said "Get over here with the gun!" and he took off like a bullet. The family that games together, stays together!

My fiance and I were traveling around together all weekend, and that little moment actually led us to talk about raising gamer kids of our own. It was heartwarming in such a geeky way.

mei0023 on
    edited March 2010

Nice! It's always good to have a carrot on the end of a year-long stick. I spotted him and your wife in the Expo floor; she called out to him and said "Get over here with the gun!" and he took off like a bullet. The family that games together, stays together!

My fiance and I were traveling around together all weekend, and that little moment actually led us to talk about raising gamer kids of our own. It was heartwarming in such a geeky way.

Indeed, we are a gamer family. I know he may not be able to keep it up for the whole year, such are the ways of 12/13 year old. But now he has a good frame of reference as to what "Can" be, if he can make it happen.

I still have some modification to do on the armor... such as finding a better way to bind the glass to the helm, adding more fans in the helm, installing a few more led's so that the eyes glow, cutting and sanding on the legs a bit more.... and most importantly losing about 20 to 50 lbs! To you and your fiance, when the time is right, raise a gamer... you'll love it!

Shiloh on
    edited March 2010
    ROFL wrote: »
    spiderz13 wrote: »

man. times like this I wish I'd cosplayed Luke.

but I have a crappy picture on my phone that my brother took if you want it. I don't think you were posing. I think it was ninja style. But he sent it to me friday when I was at work to make me jealous/happy.. I'm not sure which.

Ill take it! Ill send you a PM just in case, thank you.

spiderz13 on
  • ChurchesWifeChurchesWife Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sort of spamming forums for links to me as Harley. I took ZERO pictures this weekend... >.<
    If they could somehow get to me via either Twitter or email (ze@knucklesdawson.com), I'd be forever in your debt.

Sexual favors, make you dinner, blahblahblah.

ChurchesWife on
    Call me Ze.

achievementhunter.com/ChurchsWife
    Twitter.com/ChurchesWife
  • feboeefeboee Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I got my picture taken with the 5' female cosplayers on Saturday. I thought I fit in well.

jvnXUl.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality, looks like it didn't upload well. Email me if anyone wants a high res version!

feboee on
  • AnnadorkAnnadork Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    feboee wrote: »
    I got my picture taken with the 5' female cosplayers on Saturday. I thought I fit in well.
    jvnXUl.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality, looks like it didn't upload well. Email me if anyone wants a high res version!

I'd like a high-res version! I can't find your email though, would you mind sending it to me at a-young@mail.com?

We're all such shrimps XD

Annadork on
  • LoweryiLoweryi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Annadork wrote: »
    feboee wrote: »
    jvnXUl.jpg

I'd like a high-res version! I can't find your email though, would you mind sending it to me at a-young@mail.com?

We're all such shrimps XD

OOh, ooh, me too! But I can just get the picture from Annadork. :)

Also, hello Annadork/Sakura, damnit good job to you and Pyramid Head getting accounts here and not telling me.

Loweryi on
    edited March 2010
    Sort of spamming forums for links to me as Harley. I took ZERO pictures this weekend... >.<
    If they could somehow get to me via either Twitter or email (ze@knucklesdawson.com), I'd be forever in your debt.

Sexual favors, make you dinner, blahblahblah.

First off, AWESOME JOB AS HARLEY. you looked amazing *sweat*. You made a lot of pictures on many sites. I think i may have one of you that ill message you about but it may have come out blurry. (at work so i dont have my card handy)

I also know your pain i didn't take any pictures as professor Layton. I wasn't in costume for half of Saturday which it seems 99% of all the pictures on the site were taken :( . I know some must be out there.

spiderz13 on
This discussion has been closed.