As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East Costumes '10?

• BallisticChickBallisticChick Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    OK All L4Ders:
    Right now my crew (Zoey, Nick, Ellis, and the Hunter) are leaning towards Saturday since it seems like it will be the busiest day (and longest). Also there is a cosplay competition at the afterparty across the street at Lir that night. :)

I definitely think we should meet up and get some pics together! I also have a friend going as Frank West from Dead Rising, so he'll have a nice camera to take good pics even if we don't attract some press. I figure it shouldn't be that hard to meet in some main area of the Hynes, and it should be easy enough to spot eachother too. Thoughts?

BallisticChick on
  • ArcanicEightArcanicEight Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    OK All L4Ders:
    Right now my crew (Zoey, Nick, Ellis, and the Hunter) are leaning towards Saturday since it seems like it will be the busiest day (and longest). Also there is a cosplay competition at the afterparty across the street at Lir that night. :)

I definitely think we should meet up and get some pics together! I also have a friend going as Frank West from Dead Rising, so he'll have a nice camera to take good pics even if we don't attract some press. I figure it shouldn't be that hard to meet in some main area of the Hynes, and it should be easy enough to spot eachother too. Thoughts?

Yeah, I'm game for some photos, just let me know where and when on Saturday. I plan on wearing my costume (or suit, rather) on Friday as well, but I'll be leaving around 11 or 11:30 on Friday. Saturday I'm staying at a hotel. If needed I can wear it on Sunday, but the same suit 3 days in a row may be pushing it.

ArcanicEight on
  • gregchick1gregchick1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I am the Nick of Ballistic Chic's group and I'd encourage the other Nick to do something different. I'm bigger than you and will be carrying a frying pan. Don't mess

gregchick1 on
  • ZephsaceZephsace Gaming Mistress NYRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My fiance' and I will be in costume for at least Friday. He's going as Ezio from AC2 and I'll be there as Auron from FFXI, sword included but no jug since there was an incident where the jug didn't make it out of a con alive.

We're always happy to stop and have photos taken or pose! If you see us, stop and say hi!

Zephsace on
  • mykeyIImykeyII Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Zephsace wrote: »
    My fiance' and I will be in costume for at least Friday. He's going as Ezio from AC2 and I'll be there as Auron from FFXI, sword included but no jug since there was an incident where the jug didn't make it out of a con alive.

We're always happy to stop and have photos taken or pose! If you see us, stop and say hi!
    Very cool. Can't wait to see you, but how will I be able to find your fiance? I'd imagine he'll blend in well....:winky:

(And yes, I am incredibly ashamed of that joke.)

mykeyII on
  • willmannyeatthatwillmannyeatthat Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    OK All L4Ders:

Yeah, I'm game for some photos, just let me know where and when on Saturday. I plan on wearing my costume (or suit, rather) on Friday as well, but I'll be leaving around 11 or 11:30 on Friday. Saturday I'm staying at a hotel. If needed I can wear it on Sunday, but the same suit 3 days in a row may be pushing it.

From my experience from other cons, my camera usually runs out of memory on the first day from taking pics of everything awesome and it may be the same for other people. So I'll wear mine on Friday but I will take it off before the concert. Most of the hype will be on Friday too. I'll be wearing mine on Friday and I'll wear it on Saturday too. It would be awesome if we can go the the cosplay competition (and maybe enter together if we wanted), I hear it will be lots of fun.

willmannyeatthat on
    Pokemon Pearl: 4640 3998 1657
    edited March 2010
    gregchick1 wrote: »
    I am the Nick of Ballistic Chic's group and I'd encourage the other Nick to do something different. I'm bigger than you and will be carrying a frying pan. Don't mess

HAHA, ok. If I can find something that looks like it, I'll be bringing either a med-pack or that brown satchel that he has around his leg.

ArcanicEight on
  • ZephsaceZephsace Gaming Mistress NYRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    mykeyII wrote: »
    Zephsace wrote: »

Very cool. Can't wait to see you, but how will I be able to find your fiance? I'd imagine he'll blend in well....:winky:

(And yes, I am incredibly ashamed of that joke.)

Ha ha, well, you could always start to proclaim how he's a murderer and he might pay you off!

Zephsace on
  • WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hmm.. is this thread not going to be transformed into an official costumes thread? With lists and pictures or something?

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • RainbowTunnelRainbowTunnel Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I can transform it if you wish, Wingeddillidan.
    I was going to keep it largely unofficial, as 90% of the congoers aren't going to bother looking on the forums.

@L4Ders, I am NOT going Saturday. Don't have a ticket. I'm going friday, though. So you'll se your witch (wigless, unfortunetally) then, but not at the costume party. If you guys still plan on having the photoshoot Saturday, I won't be there for that, either. : (
    But do what's convinient for the majority of people.
    Maybe we should all get together (or a few of us) on friday to finalize plans just in case something comes up anyway?

RainbowTunnel on
  • SolanjeySolanjey Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Hey, Left4Dead cosplayers-

My friend and I are dressing as (another) Nick and (white girl) Rochelle on Saturday. :) We're busy in the morning with D&D, but we're gonna be roaming the convention most of the day, so if you all want to get together for pics in the afternoon or evening, that'd be awesomesauce. How about 3:30? Or would you rather do it at night around 7? Let's see how many zombies and survivors we can get together! :)

Solanjey on
    edited March 2010
    Nooo I'm missing all the action!
    Ah well, that's what happens when you can't go the busiest day of a con....

RainbowTunnel on
  • gregchick1gregchick1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Solanjey wrote: »

My friend and I are dressing as (another) Nick and (white girl) Rochelle on Saturday. :) We're busy in the morning with D&D, but we're gonna be roaming the convention most of the day, so if you all want to get together for pics in the afternoon or evening, that'd be awesomesauce. How about 3:30? Or would you rather do it at night around 7? Let's see how many zombies and survivors we can get together! :)

Gosh $@!* darn it don't be another nick. be a hunter or someone else, at least having more than one of those makes sense. god why would you do that after reading there's already someone else trying to be awesome as me? dont do it.

gregchick1 on
    edited March 2010

Gosh $@!* darn it don't be another nick. be a hunter or someone else, at least having more than one of those makes sense. god why would you do that after reading there's already someone else trying to be awesome as me? dont do it.

Okay... Everyone drop their current cosplay and go Nick! Pokecrawl is now Nickcrawl!!! It's Left 4 Nick!

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • crimsong19crimsong19 New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Well, what a coinky-dink! I shall be attending as 10 as well! We shall have to have a duel of the Screwdrivers ... or something like that.

crimsong19 on
    PAX East status: Hotel [X] Three-day passes [] Two one-day passes [X] Cookie recipes [X] Transportation [X]
  • ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I need a Penny, and a Dr. Horrible if no one is coming as them yet.

ZeroHourHero on
  • chupamiubrechupamiubre Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Okay... Everyone drop their current cosplay and go Nick! Pokecrawl is now Nickcrawl!!! It's Left 4 Nick!

I can get behind this.

chupamiubre on
    <ZeroHourHero> I have a tiny penis
    <Qs23> I just need to get my dicks in a row
    <prox> i work for dicks
    #paforums_pax, all about the dicks.
  • dwotdwot Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    crimsong19 wrote: »
    Well, what a coinky-dink! I shall be attending as 10 as well! We shall have to have a duel of the Screwdrivers ... or something like that.

May the best Doctor win! :)

dwot on
    "People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly.... timey-wimey.... stuff."
    edited March 2010

I can get behind this.

Maybe I'll make a Nick costume instead of wearing my Witch costume. Just for you guys : P

RainbowTunnel on
  • FacelesscogFacelesscog Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Dwot and crimsong19, I hope I can get a picture of the dueling Doctors. That really sounds kind of epic. :)

Facelesscog on
    edited March 2010

I can get behind this.

Maybe I'll make a Nick costume instead of wearing my Witch costume. Just for you guys : P

You have no idea how hilarious this would be.

ArcanicEight on
    edited March 2010
    Dwot and crimsong19, I hope I can get a picture of the dueling Doctors. That really sounds kind of epic. :)

I know, doesn't it?
    I'd totally take pictures of that.
    And then let my fangirl friends (of DW) squeal over them. >: D

RainbowTunnel on
  • Pablo the PenguinPablo the Penguin Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I can get behind this.

YES! PAXeast, is now NICKeast

Pablo the Penguin on
    edited March 2010

I know, doesn't it?
    I'd totally take pictures of that.
    And then let my fangirl friends (of DW) squeal over them. >: D

Suddenly I feel like I should pull out my 10th Doctor costume.

ZeroHourHero on
  • OriginalGmanOriginalGman JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I found this awesome plastic crowbar in a costume shop, and they let me have it for 2 bucks. It's perfect for safely cosplaying Gordon Freeman at the strictest of conventions, except that's it tarnished instead of red and white. I'll bring it along in case anyone needs a weapon.

OriginalGman on
  • LenandYukiLenandYuki Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I might end up pulling a Final Fantasy Tactics Advance cosplay pretty much out of... well, never mind. ^^;
    Either that, or finish up this Ravager!Gria from FFTA2 and dying my hair because I have no wig.
    And damn my family, because they're the ones going NORMAL.

pfft. My Kuma costume isn't going to be finished in the what, six days I have?

I'll probably end up being St.Ivalice!Marche because I fail like that. grrr parents.
    Or maybe a random job. XD

LenandYuki on
    :? :whistle:

I FAIL YES REALLY.
  • SolanjeySolanjey Registered User new member
    edited March 2010

I can get behind this.

YES! PAXeast, is now NICKeast

Sorry, but it's not me who's going to be Nick - it's my friend, and he's been planning this costume for months. Plus, he kinda looks like Nick, so he has an advantage. :P

Heck, the more Nicks, the better, in my opinion. Plus, it will make for lots of fun pictures. Battle of the Nicks! :)

Solanjey on
  • papaprinnypapaprinny Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Okey dokey... He's stuffed.
    minishcap.jpg

I think we need to start posting our cosplays (or what might arguably pass for one in my case). I'd love to see it in here and be able to recognize you guys at the show.

papaprinny on
    paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig1.jpg
    edited March 2010
    papaprinny wrote: »
    ...I think we need to start posting our cosplays (or what might arguably pass for one in my case). I'd love to see it in here and be able to recognize you guys at the show.

I wanna see the epicness known as gamer cosplay!

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • MentalMishapMentalMishap Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm trying to go as a Half Life 2 Rebel. And simply walk around and say "Follow Freeman!" whenever anyone talks to me. The cloths are all generic but I'm not sure what I should do about a weapon.

I'll be going with a friend who's Cosplaying Zoey, so we won't match perfectly. But what the heck, they are both survivors. Anyone have any tips or times they might wanna meet up!

I really really really wanna a picture with a witch.

MentalMishap on
  • BallisticChickBallisticChick Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My Zoey costume so far!!:mrgreen:
    4453834863_65ba6127d6.jpg

BallisticChick on
  • HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So is there going to be a meet-up time/place announced, or are we just going to wing it?

I'm probably going to be cosplaying all through Saturday, up until I change for the concerts.

(For my Music Meister, all that's left is attaching the music notes on the suit - I just finished the 8-foot-long bowtie last night. :D)

Heleor on
  • crimsong19crimsong19 New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    We shall have to coordinate a day, time, and location for this!
    Hrm ... I'm thinking Friday, to allow Rainbowtunnel to take some snaps. How does around 1 PM ... in the Main Lobby sound?
    @zerohourhero Go ahead! Break it out! ... Unless you already have plans. Captain Hammer, right?
    @rainbowtunnel :D
    @facelesscog See above.

crimsong19 on
    PAX East status: Hotel [X] Three-day passes [] Two one-day passes [X] Cookie recipes [X] Transportation [X]
  • LenandYukiLenandYuki Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I wish I had a camera. XD

LenandYuki on
    :? :whistle:

I FAIL YES REALLY.
    edited March 2010
    Friday sounds loverly.
    Though 1:00 will be too early for me, how does 3:30-4:00 sound?
    I'm leaving school at about 2:00 and am getting to the con around 3:00, if all goes well...
    I'm sorry I'm totally dragging you guys down.
    We can have multiple photoshoots, though, so we can plan for that.

RainbowTunnel on
    edited March 2010
    Captain Hammer wont be saving the day....

My shirt vanished.

ZeroHourHero on
    edited March 2010
    Friday sounds loverly.
    Though 1:00 will be too early for me, how does 3:30-4:00 sound?
    I'm leaving school at about 2:00 and am getting to the con around 3:00, if all goes well...
    I'm sorry I'm totally dragging you guys down.
    We can have multiple photoshoots, though, so we can plan for that.

I'll show up! However, I'm planning on attending the keynote, so I'll be fashionably late ;p.

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    edited March 2010
    I'll be at the keynote as well. Friday will most likely be the only day I go as Nick, so I'll try to be there.

ArcanicEight on
  • lkhushrenadalkhushrenada Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    OK All L4Ders:

What time is the afterparty?

lkhushrenada on
  • mintifreshmintifresh Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Hello PAX-East goers!
    I am going to be at PAX East all the way from Seattle, and I would be more than delighted to set up some photoshoots with some of you fantastic cosplayers. This is the DA for my cosplay photography: Minti Fresh Cosplay Photography!
    I am not charging, I am just doing this to build up my portfolio. You can contact me via email at molly.mcisaac@gmail.com. I have a smart phone so I can get emails in real time.
    I will be there from the afternoon of the 25th until the evening of the 29th.
    I hope to hear from you! <3

24051_514390904743_40200406_30468638_8060041_n.jpg

24051_514390899753_40200406_30468637_390259_n.jpg

24051_514390710133_40200406_30468632_7340999_n.jpg

24051_514390705143_40200406_30468631_5647533_n.jpg

14237_512183463473_40200406_30411169_385746_n.jpg

14532_512244750653_40200406_30413146_6294358_n.jpg

mintifresh on
This discussion has been closed.