As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All done, lock please.

LackadaisicalLackadaisical Registered User regular
edited December 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I have an Xbox 360 from 2002 and it recently red ringed. It's not covered by the warranty for RR and hasn't been since 05, so they want ~$150 USD to fix it/replace it. Because of this, I'm just going to buy a much newer model in the hopes that it won't red ring; specifically the Xbox 360 arcade model that was released April of this year. It's $199, but my question is simply this: Can I take my hard drive from my mega old piece of shit xbox and shove it into this new one? Anyone know? Thank you.

It's a warm feeling when you realize that people share your views...
mrt144 wrote: »
Sandra Lee and Rachel Ray raped food.
Lackadaisical on

• Options
    GahmriousGahmrious Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    In early 2008 my 360 took a shit. I got a new 360 from Best Buy and removed my old hard drive and slapped it right onto the new 360. I dont remember having any problems.

Gahmrious on
  • Options
    PookiepooPookiepoo Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    All Xbox 360s have the same hard drive slot, so transferring hard drives is a breeze. 360s are practically a disposable console. Use it for a bit, see the red lights, get a new one and pop the handy pop-off hard drive right onto the new one.

I've had 4. =/

Pookiepoo on
    Steam: Pookie GG Now Playing: BattleTech, Divinity Original Sin 2, MechWarrior 5
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Your DLC is linked to your console. You need to do a console transfer thingy. It's on microsoft's site.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    PookiepooPookiepoo Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Your DLC is linked to your console. You need to do a console transfer thingy. It's on microsoft's site.

That explains why my DLC won't work... Dammit

Pookiepoo on
    Steam: Pookie GG Now Playing: BattleTech, Divinity Original Sin 2, MechWarrior 5
  • Options
    LackadaisicalLackadaisical Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Thanks for the fast reply.

360s are practically a disposable console.
    This made me laugh. It's sad that it's true.

Lackadaisical on
    It's a warm feeling when you realize that people share your views...
    mrt144 wrote: »
    Sandra Lee and Rachel Ray raped food.
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Pookiepoo wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »

That explains why my DLC won't work... Dammit

DLC should work if you are connected to live. You can also transfer it to your new console on xbox.com... somewhere and redownload it. Which is something I still need to do with all of mine.

Tomanta on
This discussion has been closed.