As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TF2] Arguing

• John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I am going to be working on this over the next week or so.

Carol01.jpg
    Carol02.jpg

Carol03.jpg

carol04.jpg

Carol05.jpg

Carol06.jpg

Carol07.jpg

Carol08.jpg

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • davinciedavincie Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    First, let's look at the whole "FASTER THAN SCOOT," crap.

The Demoman almost gets faster if he kills four people in melee, and when he uses his charge he is faster. The first is unlikely unless your team consists solely of soldiers, demos and idiots; the second is easily predictable.

The Soldier nearly gets it on low health, but only has it for purposes of meleeing; it goes away when he switches weapon, at which point he is a slow-moving low-hp target again. He has no damage reduction to any form of damage. If you cannot do 40hp damage to a class which cannot even double jump and has to melee you to hurt you if it wants to retain its speed, you are terrible.

The "no-win" scenario of 120-130 hp Solly;
    Soldier... can do exactly the same.
    Demoman can either sticky juggle him to keep him in the air and not moving, or just pipe him for 120 damage.
    Pyro has airblast unless they're functionally retarded and selected the badburner.
    Scout runs faster, even backpeddling.
    Heavy has 300 health which is more than enough to soak one hit, and shouldn't have trouble mowing down what is essentially a melee scout without doublejump.

In fact the only important class that has anything to fear from this scenario is the Medic, and if their teammates are too bad to protect the guy healing them, that Medic should seek better healing grounds.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    scout soldier pyro

Fuga on
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    i have said this before

this is literally the worst game to theorycraft

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • savooipeerdsavooipeerd Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Buddies_by_RocketShoes.jpg

savooipeerd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Awesome. Even more awesome since I've had muppets on the mind what with all those muppet santa nike commercials.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
    edited December 2009
    i have said this before

Example theorycraft: you should use your shotgun to kill Charging Demos instead of your rocket launcher.

OH GOD THEORYCRAFTING BAD FOUR LEGS GOOD.

Bethryn on
  • EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    time to spend the next month relearning soldier with the direct hit.

Ethea on
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    the direct hit and shotgun is a good solo loadout, I think it's been said. but a good team leader loadout? vanilla rocket launcher and bugle. jesus christ. savoo and I were doing pretty well with it; it's a really awesome feeling to have a heavy, medic, and you all charging in and clearing out a point.

tyrannus on
  • Butterfly BoyButterfly Boy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The bots and taken Mandalores server hostage.

Like, they took it down and he can't get it back.
    That, or hes just a retarded admin.

Butterfly Boy on
  • Mandalorian RoosterMandalorian Rooster Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I tried to change the map. Thats it. And now I can't even restart the server from the website.

EDIT: it fixed itself

Mandalorian Rooster on
  • Butterfly BoyButterfly Boy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So option 2 then?

Also, fuck demomen

Butterfly Boy on
    edited December 2009
    evc9py.jpg
    33eopxs.jpg
    dc9cwg.jpg
    2nu1xcl.jpg

davincie on
    20qx2bp.jpg
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Carol01.jpg
    Carol02.jpg

Carol03.jpg

carol04.jpg

Carol05.jpg

Carol06.jpg

Carol07.jpg

Carol08.jpg

I would so marry you if you asked

Buttcleft on
  • EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    tyrannus wrote: »
    the direct hit and shotgun is a good solo loadout, I think it's been said. but a good team leader loadout? vanilla rocket launcher and bugle. jesus christ. savoo and I were doing pretty well with it; it's a really awesome feeling to have a heavy, medic, and you all charging in and clearing out a point.

played on a pub last night with a pocket medic, was able to chain 3 bugle buffs on my own :P. The real trick is learning that rage is not tied to damage, so you build rage of people that have pocket healers.

Ethea on
  • Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Got this for the $10 Steam cost and damn I'm rusty, So rusty. Time to remaster the classes 1 at a time again.

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    i have said this before

All the theorycrafting I've seen so far is people whining about crap that they think will be broken without actually trying to do it first.

subedii on
  • xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Looks like davincie just pillaged the SA TF2 thread for fanart!

xzzy on
    edited December 2009
    14j4txu.jpg

davincie on
    20qx2bp.jpg
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    subedii wrote: »
    i have said this before

All the theorycrafting I've seen so far is people whining about crap that they think will be broken without actually trying to do it first.

What is it like being illiterate?

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Mandalorian RoosterMandalorian Rooster Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    All I know is I've had 0 problems with equalizers, because I know they're a high priority threat that is easily dealt with. Thats not to say I've never died by one. Its just the few times they have killed me, it seemed far more legitimate than any sniper that has ever killed me ever.

We've all got our pet peeves. Equalizer is fine.

Mandalorian Rooster on
    edited December 2009
    davincie wrote: »
    14j4txu.jpg

It was an awesome idea and everyone knows it.

xzzy on
    edited December 2009
    Rami wrote: »
    subedii wrote: »
    i have said this before

What is it like being illiterate?

I'll let you know the answer when I figure out what you're trying to say? :P

subedii on
  • TracerBulletTracerBullet Spaceman Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Sub, I do believe you stated all the theorycrafting you've seen is essentially the definition of theorycrafting.

TracerBullet on
    edited December 2009
    Sub, I do believe you stated all the theorycrafting you've seen is essentially the definition of theorycrafting.

Not really. Or rather, I don't mind the theorycrafting as much as the constant crying about how Valve definitively broke the game this time. Perhaps I should've been more specific on that point.

Although maybe I've just been reading too many of Goomba's posts recently.

subedii on
    edited December 2009
    xzzy wrote: »
    davincie wrote: »
    14j4txu.jpg

It was an awesome idea and everyone knows it.

9bhfep.jpg

davincie on
    20qx2bp.jpg
  • nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So far the only place that the SR is relatively good is KOTH maps. It can hold it's own on other maps, but on KOTH it is pretty much king, because you can simply sticky trap one building or room, all the doors, and then pipe other people who are problematic. 5CP maps, your stickies have to move. Payload maps, your stickies have to move. Laying a minefield of stickies around the KOTH point however can work wonders.

I am not quite used to the change of being able to look at and detonate certain stickies, but it has to be the only reason I use the SR. It is a fantastic mechanic. I have said this many times before, and I'll say it again: It IS possible to airburst the SR. Just not as easy, you won't be able to do it from people who are pyroish distance. And I am still getting used to the SR anyway, several times I have had a pyro chasing me and I frantically lay stickies and spam M2 forgetting that I need to be looking at them, because I'm too busy thinking about not dying.

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
    edited December 2009
    So far the only use I have found for the SR is sticky clearing. Anything else I can do more effectively with the normal sticky launcher, and if I have enough time to lay a full fourteen stickies, I'm probably not where I should be.

Bethryn on
    edited December 2009
    I definitely see allowing it to shoot faster making it a little more competitive.

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    My gods, the DH is amazing. Killing sniper until Bugle, then kill everything else.

Also, greatest OP ever.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
    edited December 2009
    The DH loses its luster pretty quick when you find yourself against one or more scouts.

I think in the long run, the favored soldier loadout is going to be RL+bugle+pick or RL+shotgun+pick.

xzzy on
    edited December 2009
    Well, I could see more than one scout being a problem, but against one scout... those like to jump. A LOT more than they realize. Especially when they are trying to get away, and depending on how good you are you can ruin their special ability for them.

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    scouts get gibbed by the dh

it's pretty funny actually

edit: as far as loadouts, dh+shotty for solo killing, rl+bugle for team pushing

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ugh. I...I need to read instructions, because I had no idea how the spy's cloak worked. I've been trying out that class on some servers, and I've been running back and forth on the maps, hiding for dear life whenever I stopped to recharge.

Today, I find out that ammo and weapons resupply it, same as everything else.

+1 Knowledge

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Neato, I just unlocked the bugle by doing nothing more than listening to the commentaries. Didn't think stuff would unlock while in them, but there ya go.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • TracerBulletTracerBullet Spaceman Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Ugh. I...I need to read instructions, because I had no idea how the spy's cloak worked. I've been trying out that class on some servers, and I've been running back and forth on the maps, hiding for dear life whenever I stopped to recharge.

Today, I find out that ammo and weapons resupply it, same as everything else.

+1 Knowledge

Just a helpful hint, make sure you switch your disguise WHILE cloaked, otherwise a puff of smoke reveals your position, team affiliation, and the fact that you're disguising, to the entire world.

TracerBullet on
  • rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009

Carol01.jpg
    Carol02.jpg

Carol03.jpg

carol04.jpg

Carol05.jpg

Carol06.jpg

Carol07.jpg

Carol08.jpg
    lol i can't wait to watch this.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
    edited December 2009
    davincie on
    20qx2bp.jpg
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So after some playing on pubs I've practically mastered the art of rocketing charging demos up in the air and then shotgunning them to death. Of course on pubs I can actually pick a server with a decent ping.

Also I am a DH machine on pubs. I don't know why you'd think it would lose its shine when you're 1 shotting full health scouts all the time. I love fighting other soldiers and watching those shitheads jump everytime they fire. I shoot minicrits about 50% of the time.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif