I want to be a Big Man(tm)!
Well, you’ve come to the right place! Here at Big Man(tm) Central we are keeping up with the cutting edge of exercise science to help YOU build muscle and lose weight! We can give you access to all the latest tips and tricks, plus expert advice from certified Big Men Big l, the wook, Bruce Lee and many more! Join our certified Big Man Program
to track your weight and lifts.
Big Man PRs!
This is for all you’se who want to wrestle a bear or lift a truck. Let us know your best lifts and we'll post 'em for motivation and mockery.
- Deadlift: 340 lbs
- Rack Pull: 165 kg
- Squat: 285 lbs, Bench: 175 lbs, Press: 140 lbs, Deadlift: 335 lbs
- Squat: 255 lbs, Bench: 165 lbs, Press: 120 lbs, Deadlift: 330 lbs, Powerclean: 195 lbs
- Squat: 405 lbs
- Deadlift: 515 lbs, Front Squat: 245
- Deadlift: 245 lbs
If you’re trying to lose weight, I’ll point you over to the Fitness Thread
for excellent advice on cardio and diet.
Eating for a Big Man
If you wanna get Big, you gotta eat Big. If you’re a hard gainer and want to put on some pounds, a good rule of thumb is to eat as much as you think you should and then eat two more things, every meal. You’re aiming for about 500 excess calories a day. If you’re turning fat to muscle, try to consume as many calories as you’re burning every day. You should never be hungry!
Your calories should come from a good mix of protein, fat, and carbs. Get 1.5 grams of protein for every lb of lean muscle weight, minimum. 2 is better. Fat is perfectly healthy for you as long as it’s not trans. Carbs should definitely not be the majority of your calories, and they should all be complex carbs- whole grains, nuts, fruits and vegetables. Cut all juices and pop! The sugar in those is killing you!
All right, now how many types of curls should I be doing to be a Big Man?
Curls are for girls (no offense, ladies!). If you don’t know what you’re doing, start with Starting Strength or CFWF in the list below and check out the form videos farther down the page to learn the exercise. If you’ve never looked at your form before, watch these videos! I’ll bet you $50 you’re doing it wrong. There are some more intermediate and advanced workouts in the lift for when you get past the beginner stage, too.
Workout plans, from beginner to advanced:
Crossfit Witchita Falls PA Post
Two Day Heavy Split
How to Bench Press
Learning to Bench Press (start here first!)
Dave Tate’s Six Week Bench Press Cure!
How to squat
A fantastic how-to video; WATCH IT!
Low Bar Squats
How to Deadlift
An expert description of the Deadlift
Another great form video for you!
How to Military Press
Start by reading this and watching these videos!
How to Power Clean
Watch this!! It is fantastic!
– New site with simple training methods and motivational words to help you lift the heaviest you can
- Good forum and community for fitness
- While aimed at the 'sweet kegger party bra' crowd, it's still packed with tons of super useful information
- Not for some people, CrossFit is still probably the toughest fitness program out there
- A fantastic resource, this is a huge database of animated .gifs that show correct form to various exercises
- The website can be slow and some people hate it but I like to use the software to maintain an overview of my general fitness level.
- Another good strength and conditioning resource. Good articles.
- Dietary supplement guide. Products in these lists are guaranteed to contain everything listed on their labels in the quantities listed. Supps are notorious for fucking you over this way, so buy from a good company.