As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Healthcare Reform: Critical Mass

AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
edited January 2010 in Social Entropy++
Who fuckin' cares!

Let's get to the real political and social issues facing Americans this holiday season.

So, what harbinger of societal collapse--what sensational eschatology--are you wishing for this Christmas? What ideological dogma will have you terrified in the new year? Let's celebrate the spirit of the season with some patriotic bickering. And remember not to leave out any dickerdoodles on Christmas Eve, unless you want Barney Frank stuffing your chimney.

Aneurhythmia on

• NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    i got a red ryder one year

it was so awesome

shootin soda cans in the backyard off the pile of firewood

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    want the go emperor to appear

PiptheFair on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Nogs wrote: »
    i got a red ryder one year

it was so awesome

shootin soda cans in the backyard off the pile of firewood

aw hell!

you lucky ass

Raneados on
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    i even joined the city BB gun team one year

our instructor was some kind of trick shooting champion and would shoot moving targets from behind the back at his hip.

dude was all hells of rad

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Members of Congress abandoned any pretense of paying attention to President Obama's State of the Union speech by updating their Twitter feeds as he was speaking.
    There was the groom who updated his Facebook relationship status at the altar. And the women who tweeted during childbirth. [In fairness, the most high-profile tweeting new mom was Sara Williams, wife of Twitter CEO Evan Williams].

ugh

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    On August 6, the concept of computer addiction didn't seem so silly.
    A massive denial-of-service attack hit Twitter, Facebook and the LiveJournal blogging site. Twitter was by far the hardest hit, completely blacking out for several hours.
    The attacks were believed to have targeted a blogger in the country of Georgia who had been critical of Russia. The attacks, the blogger said, coincided with the one-year anniversary of renewed violence between the two countries.
    What was telling was how freaked out people became. Users described feeling naked, jittery and upset without the ability to post on Twitter. When the site came back up, the top topic of conversation was the hashtag for "When Twitter Was Down."

ugh

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    one day I hope to have enough people caring about what I'm doing to have a twitter of my very own

(for a while my butt had a twitter, I consistently updated it with each poop I made and each poop's place on the bristol stool chart. I kept it going for a few weeks before becoming bored and moving on)

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Members of Congress abandoned any pretense of paying attention to President Obama's State of the Union speech by updating their Twitter feeds as he was speaking.
    There was the groom who updated his Facebook relationship status at the altar. And the women who tweeted during childbirth. [In fairness, the most high-profile tweeting new mom was Sara Williams, wife of Twitter CEO Evan Williams].

ugh

Tweeting during birth doesn't seem that terrible to me, but I don't have any real experience with childbirth, so...

Aneurhythmia on
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    My mom is watching the 60 Minutes Tiger Woods special.
    That is all.

unintentional on
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    uuag8Lv8c.gif

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    That is all.

This breaks my heart. I don't watch 60 minutes, but had always assumed they were above something like this. I appear to be wrong.

Mr. Buttons on
    edited December 2009
    That is all.

This breaks my heart. I don't watch 60 minutes, but had always assumed they were above something like this. I appear to be wrong.

I think it's 60 minutes, let me go check

edit: my bad, she is watching nancy grace while she waits for the Dateline special.

unintentional on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    That is all.

edit: my bad, she is watching nancy grace while she waits for the Dateline special.

punch her in the neck

Raneados on
    edited December 2009
    we were actually just discussing how terrible nancy grace is the other day!
    I think she's watching it ironically

unintentional on
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    unintentional are you a character in an andrew hussie webcomic

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
    edited December 2009
    That is all.

Nancy Grace is worse than Glenn Beck in my books. Her, Jane Velez-Mitchel, and that guy before them... they put HLN to a level lower and less credible than Fox

Mr. Buttons on
    edited December 2009

Is that like talking about how awful drinking gasoline is... and then testing it out, just to see how right you were?

Mr. Buttons on
    edited December 2009

Is that like talking about how awful drinking gasoline is... and then testing it out, just to see how right you were?

yes except without the lasting health problems

unintentional on
    edited December 2009
    "The number of mistresses just kept adding up, and just like in golf, the higher the number gets, the more trouble you're in.

unintentional on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    vomit

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
    edited December 2009
    kinda wanna hit nancy grace with a golf club in the face

PiptheFair on
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    nancy grace is the embodiment of everything i don't like about people

shrill annoying and full of herself

Clint Eastwood on
    edited December 2009
    they are literally citing the National Enquirer

unintentional on
    edited December 2009

ugh

Tweeting during birth doesn't seem that terrible to me, but I don't have any real experience with childbirth, so...

that one isn't THAT bad, it's still a bit unnecessary but whatever

the facebook thing is what REALLY gets to me

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    hitmonchan is a good pokemon

punching dudes the fuck out

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    hitmonchan is a good pokemon

punching dudes the fuck out

hitmonlee is better!

Clint Eastwood on
    edited December 2009
    why does everyone say that

hitmonchan'll punch that fuck in his giant body-sized torso/face

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
    edited December 2009
    hitmonchan = buster

Clint Eastwood on
    edited December 2009
    gay motherfucker

Calamity Jane on
    edited December 2009
    i wrote it in the official minutes! it can't be taken back now!

Clint Eastwood on
    edited December 2009
    don't even know

Calamity Jane on
    edited December 2009
    punching is way better than kicking

anyone who disagrees will be punched

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
    edited December 2009
    i think we can all agree that hitmontop is a queer

Clint Eastwood on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

ugh

How about the woman who tweeted that she'd found her son drowned in their swimming pool

five minutes after discovering him

Abracadaniel on
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

ugh

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/12/23/uk.fugitive.facebook.prison/index.html

Aneurhythmia on
    edited December 2009

ugh

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/12/23/uk.fugitive.facebook.prison/index.html

this is incredibly stupid

but also very funny!

Clint Eastwood on
  • redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    redfenix on
    edited December 2009
    when do I get to sign up for the death panels

PiptheFair on
    edited December 2009
    dru has already been slain by the death panels, didn't you know?

Clint Eastwood on
  • LordaenLordaen Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So have we decided to kill off the elderly?

Lordaen on
This discussion has been closed.