As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Attempted flight bombing thwarted

• RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    unintentional stop trying to bomb airplanes jerk

Raneados on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Raneados wrote: »
    Dork let's make this clear

someone leaving their items unattended in an AIRPORT

and walking away

I HOPE YOU CAN SEE WHY PEOPLE MIGHT WONDER IF THERE MIGHT BE A BOMB

man, you sound just like them

the....greys?

Raneados on
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    scarab by that logic EVERYTHING should constantly amaze you

where's the cutoff point to this

no not constantly amaze and not everything. but just a little less whining about things that are, even at their worst condition, still breathtaking feats of human ingenuity.

like, i live thousands of miles away from you. maybe six thousand miles. and yet we can have a conversation like this. I'm not saying every time i post on the forums, or use the internet or computers or anything i stand back in awe. Just that, you know, it's a little lame to bitch when things don't work perfectly.

i mean, a six hour plane delay? I've had 24 hour plane delays. at a foreign airport where no-one spoke english. Sometimes there are 48 hour flight delays. Those are a thing, they happen. Six hours wait for a trip that will save days, maybe weeks from your journey time. I dunno, he obviously has internet access if he's posting about it, so there is no goddamn reason to complain at all. None that I can see.

The_Scarab on
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Fire Truck wrote: »
    All of my contact with the airline industry is basically them getting mad at me the entire time I am in the airport or on the plane.

Basically, I travel light and also don't give a shit. I constantly leave my stuff in the terminal and go get some coffee or whatever because honestly if someone wants to steal my tshirts and socks then more power to them. Then all the sudden security is flanking me at the book store asking me all sorts of questions.

So you are dumb and don't understand how to follow instructions, nor why those instructions are there.

Yeah basically you are selfish and stupid

No but think about it, they come and find me instead of just looking in the bag or blowing it up?

Which is easier?

Blowing the bag up may be over kill and would cause panic

But approaching what is possibly a live bomb is quite possibly the stupidest thing ever

what the fuck

Also, I generally ask the nearest elderly person to watch my stuff and they never vouch for me when the bombsquad starts busting balls

This is the stupidest. Old people are cunning, and largely willing to do whatever suits then.

It's always the people you least suspect who are the biggest threat. Like how sex offenders are almost universally family or friends, and not strangers.

MKR on
  • TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Fandyien wrote: »
    But it's in the air and it's going so fast

I mean fuck I'm uncomfortable with all the open space beneath bridges

the windows don't really let you see anything, and if there is little acceleration you don't feel like you're moving.

I complain about the legroom.

the coolest thing about my flights last week was looking out of the tiny windows and seeing my house! Hello house!

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
    edited December 2009
    Your house is stupid.

You have a stupid house.
    I don't know your house!

MKR on
    edited December 2009
    I would like disagree with you on that point

my house is pretty ok

Trillian on

edited December 2009
    I have here a science engineer who will certify that your house is stupid.

MKR on
  • ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dork let's make this clear

someone leaving their items unattended in an AIRPORT

and walking away

I HOPE YOU CAN SEE WHY PEOPLE MIGHT WONDER IF THERE MIGHT BE A BOMB

this never made sense rane, sorry

if you leave something unattended before the security checkpoint then nobody cares

But if you leave something after you've taken it through an x-ray machine, taken off your shoes, and had your ass sniffed by three dogs, then people freak out

The only reasonable conclusion I can draw from this is that security would not have an idea of what a bomb looks like if they were to encounter one

Plus I mean what sort of idiot terrorist is going to leave a bomb unattended that is just dumb

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
    edited December 2009
    Imagine 8 people sneaking an innocuous item though, them assembling a bomb from them after the gate and putting it in an unattended bag.

MKR on
    edited December 2009
    MKR wrote: »

I am a science engineer and I beg to differ

Trillian on

edited December 2009
    Trillian wrote: »

Your results are biased by your connection to your house, your sample size is too small, and something something something.

MKR on
    edited December 2009

Your results are biased by your connection to your house, your sample size is too small, and something something something.

Frank lives here too and she'd like to voice her disagreement as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CwXXvi3V8Q

Trillian on

• ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Imagine 8 people sneaking an innocuous item though, them assembling a bomb from them after the gate and putting it in an unattended bag.

like I said, they could just attend to the bag

If it is that big a concern it wouldn't be a thing to just disallow carry on stuff.

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

I don't think she likes cameras

The Black Hunter on
    edited December 2009

I don't think she likes cameras

Frank's favourite things in the world, in order, are: mandarin oranges, cheesecake, sweet potato, biting.

Trillian on

• L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    my dad had a genius plan to stop terrorist attacks on planes

"If there's no doubt, when they land they should just throw them out the door and shoot them on the tarmac"

Yep.

L|ama on
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    OK total delay so far is 10 hours for flight one. Should be taking off in two hours (that's like the fourth time I've said that today)

unintentional on
  • BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    the shit that tsa does is just so retarded, especially with stepped up security

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TRAVEL/12/26/us.passenger.restrictions/index.html

lets screen milk!

Barcardi on
  • MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    Barcardi wrote: »

lets screen milk!

why is this dumb

this guy tried to blow up a plane using liquid. milk is a liquid. they want to make sure it's really milk.

I mean, I understand how ridiculous it is to screen every individual parent carrying milk for their child

but I don't really know what else you would expect them to do to increase airline security, considering that their already unnecessarily thorough security screenings are apparently not enough

Monoxide on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    L|ama wrote: »
    my dad had a genius plan to stop terrorist attacks on planes

"If there's no doubt, when they land they should just throw them out the door and shoot them on the tarmac"

Yep.

haha, what

Centipede Damascus on
  • ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    not really sure if suicide bombers are going to be discouraged by the possibility of getting killed

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Monoxide wrote: »

lets screen milk!

why is this dumb

this guy tried to blow up a plane using liquid. milk is a liquid. they want to make sure it's really milk.

I mean, I understand how ridiculous it is to screen every individual parent carrying milk for their child

but I don't really know what else you would expect them to do to increase airline security, considering that their already unnecessarily thorough security screenings are apparently not enough

well he also had explosives in his underwear, does that mean everyone strips?

Barcardi on
  • MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    Monoxide wrote: »

lets screen milk!

why is this dumb

well he also had explosives in his underwear, does that mean everyone strips?

everyone? no, but SSS flagged people may be asked to, and it's pretty easy to end up with a security flagged boarding pass.

you also have to consider that asking everyone to strip would take far more time than simply doing an extra test on any unsealed liquids coming through

because for people to strip they need privacy and would complain and refuse

Monoxide on
    edited December 2009
    I don't understand why testing the milk was so crazy

and why you're comparing testing liquids to forcing passengers to strip

because uh no

Raneados on
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Zephyr wrote: »
    not really sure if suicide bombers are going to be discouraged by the possibility of getting killed

yes this was the point that I didn't bother raising because it would be a waste of time

L|ama on
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    i tested your mother's milk, that's all i'm saying.

Clint Eastwood on
    edited December 2009
    Cloudman wrote: »
    i tested your mother's milk, that's all i'm saying.

did you fuck her

dot dot dot

Raneados on
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    yes

Clint Eastwood on
    edited December 2009
    let's move to texas so I can legally kill you

I mean

buy you a drink?

Raneados on
    edited December 2009
    haters gonna hate

Clint Eastwood on
    edited December 2009
    sometimes haters should hate

Raneados on
    edited December 2009
    please forgive me for having intercourse with your mother

Clint Eastwood on
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    sometimes haters should hate

man, that is what haters are for

but seriously, though, you couldn't get the texas defense unless you were living there during the actual period during which he was fucking your mother

people joke about it

but seriously

you could feasibly cold blast a motherfucker for taking your exbawks and get away with it in that state

MrMonroe on
    edited December 2009
    Cloudman wrote: »
    please forgive me for having intercourse with your mother

she seems happy so

thus ends forum history, a man compliments another man for fucking his mother and getting the job done right

Raneados on
    edited December 2009
    I'd like to thank my mother and my father, and also your mother.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    DEAR SIR,

I AM A NIGERIAN BANKER. MY SUN IS BECOME A TERRORIST BOMBER FOR THE UNITED STATES A AMERICA. IF YOU WOULD WISH TO STOP MY SON FROM BOMBING, PLEASE HELP! WE HAVE $TEN MILLION DOLLARS IN ESCROW, IF YOU SEND $TEN THOUSAND DOUBLE-DOLLARS IT WOULD STOP SAID TERROIST EVENT.

YOUR MAJESTY,
    HEAD BANKER OF NIGERIAN BANK OF NIGERIA
    HAROLD BARTITSU

Penguin Incarnate on
    edited December 2009
    post of the decade

Clint Eastwood on
    edited December 2009
    PI that's racist

Raneados on
    edited December 2009
    Clint Eastwood on