As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

christmas in the ER (gross pictures on page 11)

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    had stitches and staples

Weaver on
  • pillowpillow Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Pulled a nail out of a friend's foot once.

edit - not like, her toenail. A hammer and nails nail.

pillow on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I cut my foot kind of bad on some glass when I was a youngster and twisted my ankle when I was a bit older

that's about it for major injuries

I have been pretty fortunate

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    my two big injury stories are fairly boring

In the first one, I was playing kickball late at night with some friends and my dad. We were playing it at the local school, and there were some indentations in the wall were the windows were.

My cousin happened to be hiding in one, and decided to walk out randomly while I was hauling ass. Instead of bowling him over, I instinctively turned myself. However, I went right instead of left, and to the right there was a brick wall.

So, basically, I ran into a brick wall and broke my arm.

The second one my dumbass stupid bitch of a neighbor pulled out in front of me on her bike while I was coasting down a hill really fast and I hit her, we tangled together and slid. Had really bad road rash and split my leg open and got like 7 stiches. There's still a small scar, and I can't really feel there.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
    edited December 2009
    had three or four concussions

Weaver on
    edited December 2009
    Weaver wrote: »

I've had one, but I don't remember it.

BWAHAH-I apologize.

but yeah, I've had one, but.. 4? sheesh,

pillow on
  • MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    pillow wrote: »

I've had one, but I don't remember it.

BWAHAH-I apologize.

but yeah, I've had one, but.. 4? sheesh,

Booooooo that was actually a pretty good joke boooooo

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • tastypastrytastypastry Can somebody please remove these cutleries from my knees?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Faynor wrote: »
    my two big injury stories are fairly boring

In the first one, I was playing kickball late at night with some friends and my dad. We were playing it at the local school, and there were some indentations in the wall were the windows were.

My cousin happened to be hiding in one, and decided to walk out randomly while I was hauling ass. Instead of bowling him over, I instinctively turned myself. However, I went right instead of left, and to the right there was a brick wall.

So, basically, I ran into a brick wall and broke my arm.

The second one my dumbass stupid bitch of a neighbor pulled out in front of me on her bike while I was coasting down a hill really fast and I hit her, we tangled together and slid. Had really bad road rash and split my leg open and got like 7 stiches. There's still a small scar, and I can't really feel there.

I've heard of falling for someone but that is ridiculous.

tastypastry on
    edited December 2009
    where was the joke?

Weaver on
    edited December 2009
    I wrecked a pick-up truck when I was four.

Weaver on
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Oh here's another one: I was standing on a chair to read a thermometer because it was really hot and we wanted to know exactly how hot it was and whoops the seat bit fell out of the chair and I got a nail in my knee. Got a scar from that one, and a nearly matching one on my other knee from something I can't remember.

And that has just made me realise that I saw a swastika that some skinhead had presumably painted at the train station when I was really little and thought it looked cool (I was like 5-6 at the time). Hm.

L|ama on
    edited December 2009
    My name is James Tiberius Kirk.

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    edited December 2009
    I was playing tag with friends when I was in 4th grade. The local workers decided to lay a giant plank of wood across the dumpster near where we were playing. I was kinda moving backwards for a few steps and as soon as I turned around WHAM right into the plank of wood.

I was going pretty fast so I proceeded to flip up off of my feet and scrape the right half of my face across the board.

The corner of the plank was only about a centimeter from poking my eye out. And that's the story of my first black eye I hope you all enjoyed it.

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    edited December 2009
    Veretas wrote: »

That got a decent laugh out of me.

We were visiting my aunt, who lived kinda out in the country at the time, and she had one of those downhill driveways. I meander out the front door and nobody stops me because it's 1983 in the middle of nowhere, Texas, what's he going to do, find an anthill in the front yard. I climb into the cab of my aunts pick-up and start pretending like I'm driving and it's a manual so I'm pulling and pushing on everything and whoops neutral.

Down the hill, across the street, through a farm fence, across a field and smack into a huge tree without a seatbelt.

Weaver on
  • AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    One time I hit my head on a granite counter top pretty hard, and it started bleeding

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tastypastrytastypastry Can somebody please remove these cutleries from my knees?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    AMP'd wrote: »
    One time I hit my head on a granite counter top pretty hard, and it started bleeding

Are you okay?

tastypastry on
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I've been hurt a few times, yes

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
    edited December 2009
    Stale, your mitochondria are suicidal it's the only explanation.

Weaver on
    edited December 2009
    Veretas wrote: »

That got a decent laugh out of me.

We were visiting my aunt, who lived kinda out in the country at the time, and she had one of those downhill driveways. I meander out the front door and nobody stops me because it's 1983 in the middle of nowhere, Texas, what's he going to do, find an anthill in the front yard. I climb into the cab of my aunts pick-up and start pretending like I'm driving and it's a manual so I'm pulling and pushing on everything and whoops neutral.

Down the hill, across the street, through a farm fence, across a field and smack into a huge tree without a seatbelt.

I tried finding the calvin and hobbes strip where calvin does this but I can't find it. Imagine it is here though.

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    edited December 2009
    oh

k

Weaver on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I've hit my head twice in the same way: tripping and rolling down the stairs onto the basement's concrete floor

Antimatter on
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Tasty, that joke was pretty funny.

But it's my cousin, you pervert

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    faynor stop ignoring my IMs you tramp

unintentional on
    edited December 2009
    Faynor wrote: »
    Tasty, that joke was pretty funny.

But it's my cousin, you pervert

Whew, I thought maybe it was one of those things only I find amusing.

tastypastry on
    edited December 2009

Are you okay?

What?

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009

Are you okay?

What?

It started bleeding...did it stop? Uh oh, I feel like someone's dad trying to be friends with their kids' friends when they come over for dinner.

tastypastry on
    edited December 2009

Are you okay?

What?

It started bleeding...did it stop? Uh oh, I feel like someone's dad trying to be friends with their kids friends when they come over for dinner.

What?

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009

Are you okay?

What?

It started bleeding...did it stop? Uh oh, I feel like someone's dad trying to be friends with their kids friends when they come over for dinner.

What?

What?

unintentional on
    edited December 2009

Are you okay?

What?

What?

:(

tastypastry on
    edited December 2009
    Hi Tastypastry

unintentional on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

Are you okay?

What?

What?

What?
    Promo_s4_2.jpg
    What?

Antimatter on
    edited December 2009
    memento.jpg

what?

pillow on
    edited December 2009
    pulp_fiction_jules.jpg

Do they speak English in What?

tastypastry on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    mully wrote: »
    Tonkka wrote: »
    When I was a kid of say, 6 or so, I stepped on a rake in order to determine whether it would hit me in the head or not, as portrayed in Tom & Jerry cartoons. Smart, I know, but I was a kid and the TV made me do it.

I was barefoot.

It was a metal rake with the big curved teeth. Not like a leaf rake, but like for moving dirt around in the garden.

So I step on the dirty metal rake as hard as i can and watch for the end of the handle to come flying towards my face. The handles pops up an inch or two, and I look down at my foot, puzzled as to why the experiment didn't achieve the desired results.

I start screaming.

I managed to cut a huge gash in the skin between first and second toes. With a dirty metal rake.

My mom, who was about five feet behind me, gardening at the time, immediately jumps into action and gets me inside, cleans the wound, does some quick bandaging, and sets me up on the couch with my foot elevated so she can change her clothes befor driving me to the ER.

When she returns she tells me that it's time to go to the hospital and I need to get up. I was apparently in a bit of shock, because I told her to go with out me and I would be fine right there on the couch.

My mom tries to stifle a laugh and gets my step-father to carry me out to the car.

I got a bunch of stitches, but I don't remember much.

Dumb kid.

Same thing kind of happened to me, but ... opposite.

I DIDN'T mean to step on it - but I did - and it swung up and hit me, then it fell down and I tripped over it and fell right on top of it.

Doctors said I was very close to having a lung punctured. Missed narrowly, hoorah for luck.

I got my tetanus shot that day.

Dammit, you got it to work, on accident.

Boy do I feel silly.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    oh yeah they gave me a tetanus shot in the ER too, even though the knives were brand new

it's still sore

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    are tetanus shots worse than meningitis ones? I can't remember how much the tetanus one hurt but the meningitis one was a motherfucker the next day and there were three of them.

L|ama on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I got hit by a car once

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Of course I went straight to page 11...

I hope you heal quickly WaM. :(

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    L|ama wrote: »
    are tetanus shots worse than meningitis ones? I can't remember how much the tetanus one hurt but the meningitis one was a motherfucker the next day and there were three of them.

the tetanus needle didn't even hurt, but the injection site feels like I got bitten by a snake or something

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    oh yeah they gave me a tetanus shot in the ER too, even though the knives were brand new

Onions are bulbs.

Aneurhythmia on