Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

For some reason War still never changes. Again.

• Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Dee Kae wrote: »
    Then you knock one down, and scream in slow motion as your display slowly crumbles before your eyes.

That is why I would quicksave as I placed each one

You are a man that thinks ahead.

I can't place anything right with the 360 version, it all slides around too much.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, next perk I'm gonna get is the one that gives me two skill points from skill books instead of one

then I'll read all the books I've collected

I kinda want to get the PC version again, although I am much more of a packrat in the PC versions of Bethesda games because the controls make it a bit easier to put shit around my house

LOOK AT MY COLLECTION OF FIFTY MINI-NUKES, IT TOOK AN HOUR TO GET THEM IN A ROW

I'm going to do this (the skill book thing) on my next playthrough. I grossly underestimated the amount of books in the world, so I didn't take it this time around.

I also need to start putting shit in my house regularly. I always seem to forget that shit doesn't disappear when I exit the game

bar-cc-1.jpg
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Javen wrote: »
    Maxing out intel from the getgo is incredibly required, espeically since between the bobbleheads and Almost Perfect you can get every other stat up to 10 anyway. Having max stats and about 75% of skills mastered is pretty ballin

Ugh. I hate minmaxing RPGs, and nothing is surer to make me quit playing before finishing the plot than having jacked up stats.

1LRdqui.png
  • TunaheadTunahead Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Also isn't Charisma completely useless, you just max Speech and leave Charisma at 1 and you're golden

Well in any case I hope the new one will have classic troglodyte dialogue for low Int characters

Also hopefully they will have some kind of connection between the story and gameplay this time, in Fallout 3 the story was about how desperately everyone needed clean water, but when you found some your reaction was basically "Oh hey time to go find a hobo for free karma, I mean what else am I going to do with clean water, drink it?"

Although I think there was some mod that fixed that

• Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Having a heavy survivalism aspect to New Vegas would be pretty cool, which is why Hardcore mode interests me, even if I know deep down inside that it's going to kick my ass.

• Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    a mean spirited survivalist mode is what that game needs though

for the most part, the difficulty of the game lies in how outnumbered you may be at a given time

because you have a lot of options to choose from when killing a cat in single combat

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    L|ama wrote: »
    the one where you just ripped off the top right quarter of their body was my favourite

rib cage all poking out and shit

My favorite was the custom animation for the big fat dude in the very first settlement of Fallout 1. I remember that being the crystallizing moment for me loving the game dearly.

• KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    the one where you just ripped off the top right quarter of their body was my favourite

My favorite was the custom animation for the big fat dude in the very first settlement of Fallout 1. I remember that being the crystallizing moment for me loving the game dearly.

The crime boss in Junktown? Pft, that wasn't the first settlement. *Adjusts glasses*

mrsatansig.png
    edited February 2010
    Fuuuuck

Apparently Starcraft II is going into closed beta this month

mrsatansig.png
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010

The crime boss in Junktown? Pft, that wasn't the first settlement. *Adjusts glasses*

Only chumps go to Shady Sands before Junktown

• ArtreusArtreus Hey kids, want some drugs?Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, next perk I'm gonna get is the one that gives me two skill points from skill books instead of one

I kinda want to get the PC version again, although I am much more of a packrat in the PC versions of Bethesda games because the controls make it a bit easier to put shit around my house

In my Morrowind stronghold, I put so much stuff into it that the overflow loot back appeared, and anything else I put down would go in there. I had every available surface covered with armor sets and weapons. And right before the bag showed up, I had even started making a carpet out of the various jewels.

This was the xbox version, maybe the pc version didn't have it.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
    edited February 2010
    Tunahead wrote: »
    Also isn't Charisma completely useless, you just max Speech and leave Charisma at 1 and you're golden

Well in any case I hope the new one will have classic troglodyte dialogue for low Int characters

Also hopefully they will have some kind of connection between the story and gameplay this time, in Fallout 3 the story was about how desperately everyone needed clean water, but when you found some your reaction was basically "Oh hey time to go find a hobo for free karma, I mean what else am I going to do with clean water, drink it?"

Although I think there was some mod that fixed that

I've always played high intel/charisma characters so I have no idea. When I first did it in Fallout 3 I got my ass kicked because there really aren't a surplus of chances to utilize either

bar-cc-1.jpg
  • DubhDubh BEST FRIENDS WITH FIRE Hudda!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Artreus wrote: »

In my Morrowind stronghold, I put so much stuff into it that the overflow loot back appeared, and anything else I put down would go in there. I had every available surface covered with armor sets and weapons. And right before the bag showed up, I had even started making a carpet out of the various jewels.

This was the xbox version, maybe the pc version didn't have it.

sadly, no

had crossed swords (the glowy ones from tribunal) and skulls in every type of helmet

alchemy lab, dinner spread, the works

curse you overflow baaaaaag!

• <:__)~&lt;:__)~ Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The only thing I remember doing with my Morrowwind house was going around the rooftop and placing lamps inside of bowls all along the edge, because i liked the lighting effect, and i could find my house in the dark.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArtreusArtreus Hey kids, want some drugs?Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    When I first got it I was so excited to find out that you could kill someone and their house would be yours.

I was even more excited when I found out you could get someone to build you a super extra badass stronghold

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • MorivethMoriveth Nobody suspects a thing... Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So, been playing the 360 version.

And the PC GOTY edition is downloading too! Twice the Fallout 3!

• Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    wait wait wait

you never played?

now this surprises me

• DubhDubh BEST FRIENDS WITH FIRE Hudda!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    my favorite was when my buddy put out levitating skulls with candles on their heads for light sources

(you know, the old stack and swipe)

edited February 2010
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    wait wait wait

you never played?

now this surprises me

No, I've played a lot (though I haven't beaten either, that's my problem with Bethesda games)

had the PC version, but when I reinstalled Windows at some point it gave the game a weird stuttering bug every few minutes - or maybe it was a patch that did it, I don't know

traded my PC copy to Zot for his 360 copy, played that some, got all the DLC

but I really wanted to get the PC version again to try out all the kooky mods, and the GOTY version is out with all the DLC, so I was like 'hey, why not?'

plus it has achievements, and I'm a sucker for achievements, though I'm not gonna be cheap and just use a console command to get them

• KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So has anything come out at all about New Vegas?

doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Platypus BeirutPlatypus Beirut Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I used Gaius Cosades' house and just scattered my possessions all over the floor.

God, Morrowind was so great.

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    KingMole wrote: »

http://www.nma-fallout.com/

Spoiler:
    face | zune | last.fm | steam
  • FoodFood Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    In Oblivion it wasn't as much fun to set up ridiculous displays of your wealth because things fell over so easily, but one awesome thing I did was collect every skull I found and filled my waterfront shack with them. It broke my computer eventually. Oh yeah, and you drop huge piles of items all at once at the top of a mountain and create huge avalanches.

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Food wrote: »
    In Oblivion it wasn't as much fun to set up ridiculous displays of your wealth because things fell over so easily, but one awesome thing I did was collect every skull I found and filled my waterfront shack with them. It broke my computer eventually. Oh yeah, and you drop huge piles of items all at once at the top of a mountain and create huge avalanches.

i did the duping glitch with a flawless ruby right in the middle of the water-front shacks, just to show all the poor folks my crazy wealth.

www.facebook.com/itgetsworseska
    Spoiler:
  • jwalkjwalk frosty Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The whole time I played Fallout3 I wished I had a horse.

And a mega-agilty spell.

edited February 2010
    I've finished the main quest + all DLC but there's still a ton of downtown DC I haven't discovered yet.

Somehow just wandering through the metro and checking out abandoned buildings is more fun than most of the quests the game has offered so far

bar-cc-1.jpg
  • Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I still need to play Mothership Zeta and Point Lookout...

Good thing my fiancé got me some MS points for Christmas that I haven't spent yet.

edited February 2010
    august wrote: »

Why would you link such a horrible thing?

doomrider_sigPA.png
  • JigrahJigrah Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Morrowind was so, so much fun. I don't know why I haven't played Oblivion yet. Should I? Or should I just replay Morrowind?

Spoiler:
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Well, since you clearly can't be assed to read the thread you're in, your source for information will also be your punishment.

1LRdqui.png
    edited February 2010
    Man, Fallout 3 still gives me the weird stuttering problem and I don't know what causes it :(

Plus GFW Live crashes FO3 every time I try to log in!

edited February 2010

It has all the extensive information right there and I'm sure as shit not going to go hunt it all down for you.

Spoiler:
    edited February 2010
    So it kinda seems like my problem with the stuttering's fixed, I disabled vsync and didn't encounter it. However, I only played a few minutes, so I won't know till I play more.

However, the GFW Live thing is still perplexing. I can still save the game and run stuff fine, so that's not a problem, but I wish I knew why it crashed upon logging in. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

edited February 2010

It has all the extensive information right there and I'm sure as shit not going to go hunt it all down for you.

No, I read it, and then the comments, and then posted.

doomrider_sigPA.png
    edited February 2010
    Hey, I didn't tell you to read the comments. That's on you, son.

Spoiler:
    edited February 2010
    Huh, just reinstalled Windows and now GFWL works fine

oh Windows

you're so crazy

• jwalkjwalk frosty Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    GFWL is a steaming pile but I never had any of those problems.

I had a bug where FO3 would crash any time I entered VATS but turned out it was a vidya-driver problem, updated drivers fixed it.

edited February 2010

No, I read it, and then the comments, and then posted.
    dude. seriously? it's the state of the fucking world right now. spend 5 minutes reading at Bethesda's forums and you'll feel like a few years of education have been ripped right off your memory. it's mind-numbing how dumb kids are. i work with a fucking 20 year old who didn't know how to address a fucking envelope, man! the internet is dulling the minds of our youth, make no mistake.

pretty soon the world will be a yipping, farting, belching mess of shit-stains on the highway.

take the few pieces of "good" you see and be thankful we still have "good" in our lifetime because if there is to be another renaissance it ain't happening in my lifetime or yours, suckah.

Admit it, we all knew Bethesda was the herald of the end times

mrsatansig.png
  • Skull ManSkull Man Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    at some point I need to finish the mothership Zeta DLC and finally do Broken steel

I've had them forever but mothership zeta REALLY turned me off

plus I got mass effect for the first time while I was playing it

• GrathGrath Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2010
    Balefuego wrote: »
    I never played kotor 2 but I was always under the impression that it was in fact awesome, just unfinished
    it's an amazing game

such good characters and dialogue

kreia is probably my single favorite character in a game ever, even with the sloppy ending.

but gameplay wise it isn't even as good as the first KotoR and way more buggy. that's just standard fare for oblivion and black isle before it though.
    no

Kotor 2 is terrible.

it doesn't matter what you do at any point during the game, your ending is. "ebon hawk flies away"

3ds Code 0619-3710-2995