Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

For some reason War still never changes. Again.

• TanolenTanolen Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    who would waste a perfectly good bomb on las vegas

it's not like you'd be messing it up a whole lot worse than it already was

Nellis Air Force Base is less than 10 miles from vegas, someone would want to nuke it.

Also the DLC is pretty good, I did not like mothership zeta though.

• marty_0001marty_0001 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    GFWL is a silly goose. Download their client, make your little gamertag, then make the purchase.

BUT WAIT, you can't purchase it with MONEY, oh no, you have to buy pointz first and then buy it with that.

But anyway, just got Broken Steel, woo!

• SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    also you need 800 points to buy the dlc

but they only sell packs of 500 points on gfwl

unless you go to the zune store because they sell 400 point packs

ridiculous

edited February 2010
    Do they all cost 800? If you want them all you may as well buy the GOTY edition. Maybe I should...

• TanolenTanolen Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Fallout 3: Game of the year has all the DLC in it, for 50 dollars, and to buy the DLC it would cost 50 dollars, So I would either buy Fallout:GotY or wait for another steam sale on the goty version.

• Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Three things:
    A) I am, and I think we all are, a sucker for anything new and Fallout.
    B) New Vegas, really? That was the best title you could come up with? Fuck you.
    C) Fuck that video. I like robots and Sinatra, but if this is coming out in eight months, I want CONTENT. Otherwise, I can wait.

originalleague222.jpg
    MY PODCAST. THIS WEEK: "FURIOUS 7"
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    New Vegas isn't exactly bad when the previous titles are 'fallout, fallout 2, [fallout tactics], fallout 3'

edited February 2010
    Fallout: The One After The Previous One

Yet Another Fallout

Fallout: Revenge of Robot Abe Lincoln

Falling Out: The Wanderer and Fawkes are not Friends Anymore

• AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    C) Fuck that video. I like robots and Sinatra, but if this is coming out in eight months, I want CONTENT. Otherwise, I can wait.

The content was all at the end.

1LRdqui.png
    edited February 2010

The content was all at the end.
    I think you and I have different definitions for what content is.

originalleague222.jpg
  • MaceraMacera Registered User
    edited February 2010
    I dunno, I think as a teaser trailer, it served its purpose

xet8c.gif
    edited February 2010
    "This thing exists, please stop sending us e-mails."

originalleague222.jpg
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    PI don't you remember the Fallout 3 teaser?

edited February 2010
    I do, but I don't think that these two trailers are exactly analogous.

originalleague222.jpg
  • JedocJedoc Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Tanolen wrote: »
    Fallout 3: Game of the year has all the DLC in it, for 50 dollars, and to buy the DLC it would cost 50 dollars, So I would either buy Fallout:GotY or wait for another steam sale on the goty version.

Shit. Well, thanks everybody. Looks like I'll be getting the DLC around the time New Vegas comes out.

cannon.jpg
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I can't find the DLC anywhere any more

dammit

I got point lookout and broken steel, but I want more

sig-1.jpg
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    I'M OFFENDED

I LOVE HIPSTER BULLSHIT AND DOG VIDEOS

I'm sorry, Anjin. I'm just so sorry.

mrsatansig.png
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    kids

here's what anjin really loves

drinking coffee

jerking off to and on things

finger fuckin women and/or eatin vagina

and being hurt for pleasure

edited February 2010
    i mean, i don't fall down a flight of stair for a boner but you know what i mean

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    anjin you ain't finger banged before

you a liar

• Cilla BlackCilla Black them, they Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

the similar one from fallout 3 was basically announcing the game, telling us where it would be, etc.

this is stuff we already knew about Las Vegas. would have been nice to get some new stuff, maybe a gameplay screen or two.

• jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Fallout: It's Fucking Fallout You Know You're Going To Buy It, Shut Up.

Also if you buy all the DLC it comes out to 4000 points so buying 500/1000 at a time is ok, it evens out.

You can buy 400 pts at a time on the Zune store but that's not available outside of the US I don't think.

GWFWLL is a goddamn piece of ass dipped in shit though.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I totally forgot how important it is to make a dude who is good at fighting early on

I focused on charisma and intelligence, and I'm paying for it now.

bar-cc-1.jpg
  • jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Int is good early on because don't you get more skill points per level with higher Int?

Or I'm thinking of another game...

You can always adjust the difficulty (right?) any time it's too hard. But it's all pretty easy, except the Behemoths, and even those go down pretty easy with the nuke launcher. If you have Broken Steel the harder shit starts appearing around level 18 I think.

• SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Int is the only absolutely necessary attribute for every characters

otherwise you don't get shit for skill points

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    You don't need to be good at fighting just explosives. There are enough grenades in the game (not including making nuka grenades) to kill every enemy 5 times over.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | XBox Live: Jon Butters
    edited February 2010
    anjin you ain't finger banged before

you a liar

yeah i did i got that taken care of in the last quarter of last year

edited February 2010

the similar one from fallout 3 was basically announcing the game, telling us where it would be, etc.

this is stuff we already knew about Las Vegas. would have been nice to get some new stuff, maybe a gameplay screen or two.
    Yeah, but there was also a, what? Six, seven year gap between Fallout 2 and Fallout 3? It's a bit different between 2 and 3 and between 3 and New Vegas.

I mean, 3 showed where the game was going to take place, how it looked, and told us that Fallout 3 wasn't an elaborate joke to dangle in front of fanboys' heads. This teaser is announcing that New Vegas will have working light switches.

I'm going to wait to get excited, especially since a different team is making it.

originalleague222.jpg
    edited February 2010
    I'm going to wait to get excited, especially since a different team is making it.

Yeah, I'm extremely suspicious of them handing Fallout to some random nobodies that made a bad Star Wars game or whatever. Fallout:NV is just going to be jedi knights with guns.

1LRdqui.png
  • IrohIroh Registered User
    edited February 2010
    That different team is Obsidian, which used to be (mostly) Black Isle IIRC.

That should make it clear to you that you should be excited.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    kotor 2 didn't suck, the endgame sucked

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I never played kotor 2 but I was always under the impression that it was in fact awesome, just unfinished

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010

Yeah, I'm extremely suspicious of them handing Fallout to some random nobodies that made a bad Star Wars game or whatever. Fallout:NV is just going to be jedi knights with guns.
    Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. Thanks for breaking that one down in a way I couldn't.

originalleague222.jpg
    edited February 2010

Uhhh. Seriously?

Never heard of Obsidian before? Pretty much the same people behind Fallout and Fallout 2.

mrsatansig.png
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yeah I went intelligence and charisma, and I'll have enough of that attribute perk to get a 10 in agility, too

bar-cc-1.jpg
    edited February 2010
    Aww fuck me. I totally missed that reference.

mrsatansig.png
    edited February 2010
    But you did your damndest, Krunk and that's all we ask.

That and don't take the silverware with you when you're done eating.

originalleague222.jpg
    edited February 2010

Uhhh. Seriously?

Never heard of Obsidian before? Pretty much the same people behind Fallout and Fallout 2.

Yeah, but weren't the first two Fallouts the ones with that really slow turn-style fighting and the super grainy graphics? They're basically just making a Fallout 3 mod without understanding the technology. I can't wait to be running around in a fully 3D world only to have to stop to look at a bunch of menus every time the game spawns a random encounter. They'll probably just rip off Borderlands with damage numbers appearing over enemies you hurt and maybe throw in some 1990s style text descriptions of status effects in combat. I bet all of the new perks will be cheap copies of force powers from Star Wars too.

1LRdqui.png
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: GaderenRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I get it

Beyond the scope of light beyond the reach of dark