Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[New Year's Thread] Hey, where's the giant flying scorpions?

VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
edited December 2009 in Debate and/or Discourse
So 2010 is almost upon us... normally I don't make a big deal out of New Years, but this one in particular is close to my heart.

About 20 years ago, a game called "Street Fighter 2010" came out for the NES. It brazenly used the Street Fighter name for a totally unrelated plot set in the "future" where a cybernetically enhanced Ken sets out to stop some kind of mutant alien virus... thing.

Anyways, there's flying scorpions.

This could've been our future

So what I want to know is... where did we go wrong? Where's our cybernetic suits and colonization of other worlds? I can deal with some flying scorpions if it means I can shoot energy projectiles when I punch the air.

Anyways, happy new year! Discuss your plans for 2010, be they mutant/alien fighting or otherwise.

$14,276 for Child's Play from the Cookie Brigade at PAX Prime 2011!!!
Join the Cookie Brigade Forum for PAX Prime 2011 now! We need your help! If you decide to join, sign up at the Cookie Brigade website!