As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Game of the Year 2009 [Let's Vote]

1101112131416»

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Graviija wrote: »
    And the Wii is going to have Zelda, SMG2, and possibly Metroid this year.

I think we all win, really. But especially me, because a Zelda release has basically become a religious experience.

Uh, your sure Zelda's making it this year? Perhaps you can share the source which you base this assumption on, because that would be pretty sweet.

The president of Nintendo said the next Zelda is coming out in 2010 in a Japanese newspaper interview.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    And the top four are all multi-platform! Looks like releases are trending in that direction anyway.

LavaKnight on
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    LavaKnight wrote: »
    And the top four are all multi-platform! Looks like releases are trending in that direction anyway.

Not surprising, considering that more people have played them, which means they got more votes then console exclusive titles, which in turn effected their overall ranking.

@Sporky - thanks, this looks indeed like a great year for my neglected Wii.

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    yeah the top games are always multiplatform

although the most votes for 1st place was almost Uncharted 2, which is impressive

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    SaddlerSaddler Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Interesting, Arkham Asylum received fewer #1 votes than any previous GOTY. And that is out of roughly the same number of people voting as in previous years. This was maybe not a year with an obvious winner.

Saddler on
  • Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I would agree with anyone that would say 2010 will have a lot more interesting stuff.

TelMarine on
    3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Behemoth wrote: »
    Demon's Souls at 13 : (

Ah well, at least it got plenty of #1 votes. Guess it's this year's cult game of the year.

Kinda funny how Uncharted got more than 100 #1 votes but still didn't crack the top 5. I guess if you played, you loved it, but not many people played it.

I attribute that to the fact that not everyone voting owns every system (which is life), and as such, system exclusives suffer the most.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Also many, many people who play Demon's Souls are going to die horribly, put the game down(or get rid of it), and never look back.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Behemoth wrote: »
    Demon's Souls at 13 : (

Ah well, at least it got plenty of #1 votes. Guess it's this year's cult game of the year.

Kinda funny how Uncharted got more than 100 #1 votes but still didn't crack the top 5. I guess if you played, you loved it, but not many people played it.

I attribute that to the fact that not everyone voting owns every system (which is life), and as such, system exclusives suffer the most.

Which is why user votes are more of a popularity contest than any real indication of the year's "best" games. Though the top 10 here is a fairly good indication of overall quality. Had Uncharted 2 been a multiplatform game, it would have run away with this year's PA GOTY.

At least Modern Warfare 2 isn't in the top 3 :P

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Also many, many people who play Demon's Souls are going to die horribly, put the game down(or get rid of it), and never look back.

or you could be like me, and play it for thirty or fourty hours and ultimately decide it's not one of the best games of the year

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Stop posting here and start posting here:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=109539

slash000 on