As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ow fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCK this hurts

HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq.Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
edited January 2010 in Social Entropy++
So last night I accidentally popped my shoulder out of its socket. I managed to get it back in place with relative alacrity, but the damage was already done. The pain was immense, some of the worst I've ever experienced. I woke up this morning sore and aching, my shoulder still sending plenty of "fuck you" pain waves to my brain. Now I walk around with my arm in a makeshift sling, struggling to do even the most basic tasks, like tying my shoe laces.

What of you, SE++? What kind of injuries have you sustained lately? Anyone coming in here complaining of emotional pain or a "broken heart" will have their hearts broken for reals, courtesy of me and my riot batton.

Hacksaw on

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Man, I just don't care at all.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    hmmm. I've been doing lots of writing and now my thumb hurts.

Does that count?

101 on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2010
    I am literally setting a timer right now for when Jordyn comes in and calls you a pussy.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I am literally setting a timer right now for when Jordyn comes in and calls you a pussy.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You'd never make it as a loose cannon cop on the edge fighting crime with your own unique style of justice

that's for sure.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Rank you misspelled "Stale".

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    What they said.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    rub some dirt in it and walk it off you betsy

mensch-o-matic on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    Mel Gibson thread.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Rank you misspelled "Stale".

I guess a dislocated whatever would probably hurt. I've broken my arms three times and completely tore the skin off of my knee cap once and had my nose broken once and pulled a ham string twice.

You spelled baton incorrectly.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I've dislocated my shoulder several times from playing football and having a car accident. Suck it up pussy.

Actually no, it hurts like fucking hell and I know how you feel.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The Geek wrote: »
    Mel Gibson thread.
    mel-gibson-cat-636x410.jpg

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    My throat hurts

Does that count?

Sheri on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    the only thing that ever hurts for me is feelings

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'f gladly trade the broken arms and messed up knee not being able to bend it for 7 weeks for a dislocated shoulder. That probably hurts like hell for a couple of hours, has a dull ache for a few days, and is more less a memory in a month, right?

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I feel fine.

I could use another cup of coffee though.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hunter wrote: »
    I've dislocated my shoulder several times from playing football and having a car accident. Suck it up pussy.

Any healing tips? I took some ibuprofen and have my arm in a makeshift sling (read: an old belt), and aside from icing it on and off every 10 minutes I don't know what else to do.

Aside from suck it up, of course.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Douglas you misspelled "I'd".

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    I haven't tied my shoes in like, months. I just slip my feet in and out without untying.

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    My finger kind of hurts. The skin keeps healing and then re-breaking because it is so thin on the tip.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I just took a nap and now I gotta run to the grocery store

once my bare foot got stuck in the spokes of a rapidly moving bike, which then flipped and I went face-first into asphalt.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Hunter wrote: »

Any healing tips? I took some ibuprofen and have my arm in a makeshift sling (read: an old belt), and aside from icing it on and off every 10 minutes I don't know what else to do.

Aside from suck it up, of course.

Make sure it's back in socket properly is number 1. Just because it feels popped back, I've learned that it may not be so. That means doctor visit.

Besides that, it's ice and meds. The second time I did it I got a cortisone shot too, but that actually hurt pretty bad itself.

Hunter on
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    i banged my toe against a wooden leg of a chair like an hour ago

it stung for like a whole minute

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I got kicked in the hand which split it down the middle about an inch a few years back.

I thought it was awesome at the time, "Holy shit guys lookit how wide I can spread my fingers now"

Then I just wrapped some tape around it to keep them together and went back to my dishwashing job.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    This coffee is certainly helping my mood.

I think at this point only a cigarette could improve things.

Tonkka on
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm going to the hospital in about forty minutes, myself, for a thing. A thing that is pretty unfun and probably related to my own personal medical mystery. Wooooo.

You could always run to the doctor just to make sure there's nothing else you can do to speed along the process, Hacksaw. Or you could just ask the internet and put some ice on it. Nothin' wrong with that.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    lady troubles?

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I've never had any substantial injuries beyond superficial cuts. I've got a couple of scars from minor burns though.

CptKemzik on
  • Options
    Brodo FagginsBrodo Faggins Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    My friend and I drunkenly grappled on the concrete floor of his garage. At one point he slammed my entire body down and I landed on my elbow, because it hurts to move. The back of my skull is also in tons of pain.

Brodo Faggins on
    9PZnq.png
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Nogs wrote: »
    lady troubles?
    Hysteria.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    QuirkQuirk Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I broke my ankle a few years back, and was told it wasn't broken, so I ended up walking around on it for about a month before they sent me a letter telling me they'd fucked up. It's never been right since, and walking around for months in a way which lessened the pain seems to have also messed my knee up.

I tripped on the kerb a week or two ago and said ankle has been in sporadic and mildly horrific pain ever since and it is really starting to annoy me. No really horrific injuries as of yet though, thank god

Quirk on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    lady troubles?

Broken hoohaw?

Hunter on
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    my foot feels broken and I cannot remember what I could have done last night to hurt it this badly

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Bedlam wrote: »
    lady troubles?
    Hysteria.

hysterectomy

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    lady troubles?

Nah, my leg's all effed up from what I hope is just a severe allergic reaction compounded by infection. Otherwise it's related to an unidentified autoimmune disorder that made my life a living hell for two years of college.

Of course, this is a lady trouble in the sense that it is painful to wear high heels as affairs currently stand.

and also because of the hysteria, someone get the smelling salts, stat

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    lady troubles?

Nah, my leg's all effed up from what I hope is just a severe allergic reaction compounded by infection. Otherwise it's related to an unidentified autoimmune disorder that made my life a living hell for two years of college.

Of course, this is a lady trouble in the sense that it is painful to wear high heels as affairs currently stand.

and also because of the hysteria, someone get the smelling salts, stat

i had severe pain in my right leg once. actually the entire right side of the lower half of my body.

it was torsion.

are you sure you don't have torsion?

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Bedlam wrote: »
    lady troubles?
    Hysteria.
    The vapors.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHKMCrDaHRY

I mean, I'm pretty sure it's not torsion

Could be the vapors, though!

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    My new Tims gave me a mad blister two days ago, cause they were so loose while I was shopping all day

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    HoovesHooves Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I got a smallish fracture in my fibia about a month ago. I _ent to the doctor and got one of those boots and some vicodin. I set the boot in my closet and just _alked around on it because it didnt hurt that bad. I just _anted the vicodin

Hooves on