As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Infinity] N3 out: Only in USAriadna can you find a Coke Bottling Plant in the year 2185

• Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    Man I am so hype about N3. I'm glad that you guys are all digging it as well.

Bandits are rad, the FO ADHL loadout is my favourite. He could hypothetically blind a member of a link team with flash pulse, glue another, then FO that guy so an Alguacile link could indirectly drop grenades on him over a building KOing the whole link, then moving up and cutting someone's froat to take their breaker rifle and ensure they don't get up with their stupid auto medkits. Hypothetically speaking.

Jaguars are cool as well. Smoke is Corregidor is just sick and the Panzerfaust/ADHL build is hilarious. Again Hypothetically (Nudge and a wink eh), could kill Tarik Mansuri in ARO with the Panzerfaust then run out and get shot by like a million breaker rifles and die horribly despite dogged because no smoke.

Yeah I love the new things.

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Bandits and Jaguars are great, they add a lot to the Corregidor options for sure

• Options
    ADHL, FO, DA CCW and a light shotty, it's just so coooool

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Also the Djanbazan is Doctor Plus, the Janissary is Akbar Doctor

I'll take it. I'm actually not a huge fan of Djanbazan, but I love me some Jannisarys.

• Options
    How can you not like Djanbazans??? They're just such jerks with their MSVs and their regeneration.

Also , played a game today, possessed Scarface and forced him to kill Cordelia. It was pretty messed up.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Face to face physcological trauma roll?

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    ...some shitwizard DDOS'ed the Infinity site?

That's some nerd rage going on.

• Options
    TheColonelTheColonel ChicagolandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I think it's because they put the new N3 rules PDF's up and the site took a hard nose dive. ARMY isn't updated yet.

http://www.infinitythegame.com/archivo/[ENG]_Rules.pdf

Alternate link while the above is under suppression fire:
    http://www.docdroid.net/n3ug/eng-rules.pdf.html

TheColonel on
  • Options
    Ah. They said on Twitter it was a DDOS.

• Options
    warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    I guess now would be a good time to. . . paint my models.

Never painted anything so small. Plus I dont know if I have colors that are anime-enough for Aleph.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    InxInx Registered User regular
    You got this!

• Options
    Possibly the first N3 battle Report on the internet? Damien and I got up stupid early to do this on a day off so hopefully everyone enjoys it.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Asher wrote: »
    How can you not like Djanbazans??? They're just such jerks with their MSVs and their regeneration.

I don't have any yet to give them a try. But they seem like a unit that, for me, would become a crutch. Their MSV 2, toughness and Regeneration make them the answer to so many problems, and I'd rather not go down that path.

• Options
    They're pretty crutchworthy. They just perform consistently well. On a semi related note, Loving N3

• Options
    So it looks like in N3, BTS works the same as ARM, and negative BTS values have been changed. Since we don't have all the N3 unit profiles available yet (at least not in the rulebook), would it be a good idea to just make the negative values in the current army builder into positives?

Or are there unit profiles somewhere that I'm missing?

• Options
    TheColonelTheColonel ChicagolandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Inx wrote: »
    So it looks like in N3, BTS works the same as ARM, and negative BTS values have been changed. Since we don't have all the N3 unit profiles available yet (at least not in the rulebook), would it be a good idea to just make the negative values in the current army builder into positives?

Or are there unit profiles somewhere that I'm missing?

I'd say that's the way to do it. I just checked the Aquila Guard, Orc Trooper, and Neoterra Bolts profiles from old to new and in each case it's the same value just inverted to the positive. Seems to make the most sense. Next version of Army is in theory out in the next month or so.

TheColonel on
  • Options
    Cool, I can't wait to see how some of the other profiles have been updated. Overall I'm very happy with the changes on the Daturazi Witch Soldiers (they lost their EXP CCW options but the overall cost per unit went down and they gained some other cool stuff), I'm curious to see the Suryats and the Anathematics.

• Options
    Bandit continues to impress. Cut a Hexa's throat, stole a spirtfire and gunned down a TR drone and a a couple of fusiliers.

New Hacking is also pretty interesting. I tried a Hellcat hacker, who did some stuff, but man the Assault Hacking device is kinda limited. You can turn shit off, but that's about it.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Can't wait to get an N3 game in. Can Claws 2: Expel be done by a normal hacking device? If it can, I really want to face my brothers O-Yoroi again.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Nope, normal hacking devices only get Level 1 programs with the exception of Gadget-2

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Dang. Haqq gets no Hacking Device+.

• Options
    You get the Claw-2 and 3 programs on an Assault Hacking Device, which you get on Ragiks and Tauregs.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Can hacking mess with basic dudes, or just TAGs, REMs and HI still?

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Woo picked up mine and my brothers copies of N3.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Played a couple of 150pt games yesterday

really happy with the new rues, you guys. Everything is flowing so nicely now, and the whole game just seems more tense and exciting

There are more options than before, but everything feels far more intuitive and streamlined

Solar on
  • Options
    As a Nomad player, Everything is Awesome is totally my jam. I'm looking at the Sputniks and getting pretty excited. Marksmanship 2 on a 6-4 BS12 ARM3 model with a spitfire. Yeah I'd buy that for an order. It has a 360 visor too, so when it lays down suppressive fire it can shoot in every direction. The Moonwalker is also entertaining. Masksman ship on it means its Boarding Shotgun will be hitting on 18s if you get in good range bandings, and the Burst 2 in ARO supportware will be hilarious with its Heavy Flamethrower.

• Options
    I really like the new Haqqislam stuff.

The Maghariba lost the HGL, which I think is fair, since I don't like the weapon anyway, either using it or facing it. It's one of those weapons that, if you're not prepared (and don't deploy in shadow zones) you can get wiped out without much effort, which I think is bad for the game. Gaining a 360 visor makes it a great midline support unit. And the art for the new model looks utterly amazing.

The Hassassin Govads are great. They give Bahram two solid links to base a dual list tournament around. Muyibs for just outright trying to kill things, and Govads if you expect to face camo. Their loadouts are also pretty different. With HGLs, Panzerfausts, LGLs and D-Charges, Muyibs are outright offensive. With MSVs, Sniper Rifles and a HMG, Govads are more of a longer distance scalpel.

Not entirely sure about the Z.. I can 't even remember their names. The new veteran unit. Their fluff is awesome, but their profiles seem pretty bland. Gaining Marksmanship is good, but I'm not seeing anything special, unless it turns out Veteran L1 is a really valuable skills.

The new Khawarijs are pricey, but I like their new loadout options. A super jumping doctor+ with a boarding shotgun has some great possibilities, but they're very expensive for what they bring to the table compared to the absurd Tohaa Kotail with 6-4 movement, symbiont armour and Holo 2. I think the Khawarijs will come into their own in Caliphate as the games only super jumping link team, especially with Tarik in there.

I'm still not sold on the Twins. Even the dual light flamethrower twin seems pretty bland for a special character. It almost feels like they felt the need to make them characters after putting their fluff in Kasyms fluff, but then couldn't figure out what to do with them. I'll still buy them and give them a try - at worst, they can proxy as normal Kum riders.

Kasym Beg himself I absolutely love. Such an aggressive character, and the ability to take him as Lt and make him Regular. Chain Rifle, Panzerfaust, Exp CCW, Kinematica L2, Dogged. Going to have so much fun with him.

• Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Yay N3 get. USAriadna's fluff is hilarious.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    The fluff just makes me love bandits more. I figured they would be well, you know, bandits, but instead they are tribal, shamanism powered batmen. Jaguars pretty much what I expected.

• Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    USAriadna: Human Sphere anthropologists love coming here because it's stuck in the 21st century. They have their own Coca Cola bottling plant (The brand has since gone defunct), and "old fashioned" fast food chains up the wazoo. They proudly call themselves the 51st state and see themselves as rugged frontiersmen who've withstood the worst of what Dawn has to offer. The USAriadnan Rangers chiefly guard their cities against Antipodes via The Wall.

Also the most ethnically diverse. The original scientists/engineers were mostly White/Asian and the original Rangers were mostly Latino/Black.

'merica.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    New Squalo sculpt a'coming
    Sin-t%C3%ADtulo-1.jpg
    More pics on Angel Giraldez's site

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    and it's one of many...

NEWS-December2014.jpg

I love all of those, but for me the real winner this month is that Hac Tao... so nice...

280373-0504-maqueta1.jpg

280373-0504-maqueta2.jpg

280373-0504-maqueta3.jpg

Also someone asked someone from CB (not on forums, on facebook) whether they are still trying to do loads of female heavy infantry sculpts to go with the guys

And the answer was that they want to have a modern up to date female sculpt for every heavy infantry in the game!

Which is pretty cool, I always really liked those sculpts

Solar on
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Not a single bad model.

The Hac Tao is fucking absurdly awesome.

Bootleg Penny will become a Kum rider.

edit - half of my family does Christmas a week early. I now have a $50au gift card for my FLGS. I really feel like seeing if they have Kasym Beg tomorrow.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    That Sogarat is pretty dope.

But I cant keep spending money on Morats. I cant! Please dont make me...

• Options
    Female Veteran Kazak pls, so I can make Rosie from Valkyria Chronicles.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    So here are some crappy phone pictures of the Grenzer I painted (couldn't find my bloody camera)

I do have another half dozen guys done up in the same scheme, but no pics (yet)

I think it looks alright, not really a very good painter but I am quite happy with how he turned out

izbgyFbl.jpg

AiTyvqJl.jpg

NzHTSf4l.jpg

• Options
    Liking those tri-hex bases. Was waffling back and forth between those and the regular hex bases.

• Options
    I'd be ecstatic having a bunch of Nomads painted like that on the other side of the table for a game.

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    Liking those tri-hex bases. Was waffling back and forth between those and the regular hex bases.

I have both and went for Tri-Hex with Nomads and have left the Hex bases for maybe Pan-O in the future, very happy with them

the landing pad bases are nice too, got them for a little JSA force

Thanks @-Loki-‌ I am glad you like them

Currently I have a few done up but I am hoping to get a fully painted list for each Sectoral as a personal goal

Currently I have an Interventor and a Grenzer for Tunguska and four Wildcats for Corregidor done

next I will move onto painting the Reverand Morias I bought

• Options
    So it turns out that no, my FLGS does not have Kasym Beg. Or any recent releases. Very irritating. This is why I stopped going there and started going to a not so local store, which was much friendlier and had much better stock. But the gift coucher is for the local store.

I could always order in Kasym Beg, but last time a friend ordered something in, and paid in full, they put it on the shelf for general sale, and I got there in time to save it from being sold to someone else.

This discussion has been closed.