As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

360 not reading games.

TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
Hey,

so recently my xbox has been having problems reading games, I went to microsoft's website to check what they recommend and originally removing the harddrive and clearing the system cache which worked originally but now it can't read any games. I just tried playing a DVD and it worked great, do you guys have any other suggestions? I tried spraying air in to possibly clean a dirty lens but thats not working, at this point its a toss up for sending it to microsoft or finding someone who has an idea of how to fix this kind of problem.

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
TheKoolEagle on

• Options
    strebaliciousstrebalicious Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I had this problem with mine. But the DVDs quickly stopped working after the games did. The drive was brokededid in mine, so I had to sent it back. Personally, I think it is probably safer for you to send it in.

strebalicious on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I hate to be the one to say it, but brace for an E74. Same problems I had when mine bit it.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    sounds like its a good idea to ship it off to microsoft, i don't know if i'm in the extended warranty period or not anymore D:

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST