Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The Great [Backlog] Challenge: Insert Disc 2 to Continue...

• TayaTaya Happy ___ Day Registered User regular
    2012 Backlog: 2/12 - I beat 999 and saw all of the endings. I think I will continue playing Skyward Sword next.

DS:
    Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - in the Ocean Sanctuary
    Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - STILL not started
    Dragonball Origins 2 - also not started
    Professor Layton and the Last Specter
    9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors

Wii:
    Little King's Story - able to battle four kings at any time
    deBlob 2 - beat two levels
    Opoona - on the 2nd dome
    Tale of Symphonia 2 - I got Genis and Raine in my party...
    Monster Hunter Tri - I caught a fish once
    Rune Factory Tides of Destiny - not started
    Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - beat dungeon 4

tayatagi.gif
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    !UpdateStatus (1/15)

Finished Kirby: Return To Dreamland with 100% in the main mode with the help of the lovely @IrishRodent. Hard mode does not interest me in the least, as it's just the same game with 3/4 health and slightly harder bosses.

http://www.backloggery.com/yaminosenshi
    Spoiler:

YamiNoSenshi on
    Damn it, it's fucking noon. I demand to know if Yami shit on a desk yet.
  • R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular
    !Update

Beat Arkham Asylum on Saturday, dove into Arkham City. Put Nier in to test the waters, definitely going to hold off for the time being. I am wanting to 100% as many as possible.

Added Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (Friend bought it for me and didn't tell me!)

Reformatted list.

Spoiler:

1/43 Complete (2.3%)

steam_sig.png
  • pslong9pslong9 Registered User regular
    !Update 7/84

Since my last update, I've completed Bastion (which I'll play through on New Game + at some point), Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes, Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones, and Metroid Fusion. Four absolutely wonderful games.

Current backlog:
    Spoiler:

steam_sig.png

3DS FC: 0817-3759-2788
  • bfickybficky Registered User regular
    !UpdateStatus (86/119 89/122)

Knocked out three games this week, PixelJunk Shooter 2, Batman: Arkham City, and ICO in HD. Shooter 2 was good and had a decent challenge to it, and my gaming resolution this year is to not be such a completionist in games, so I'm hoping the fact that I didn't get all the diamonds in every level doesn't eat me up inside. Maybe I'll go back at some point (probably not). Arkham City was really excellent. Liked the open world aspect and the fact that TONS of villains were in it in some form or another. Kinda OD'ed on the Riddler trophies though... only got 40% or so. I also didn't touch the challenge rooms, as those were a huge source of frustration for me in the last game. ICO... still one of my favorite games ever. Looked really really great in HD.

Oh, I used a gift card from Christmas to get Rochard, PixelJunk Sidescroller, and Cubixx HD while they were half price.

Still slowly making my way through Skylanders, since that's on my kids' schedules more than mine. I haven't touched Dark Souls in close to a month... I should really knock that one out to be done with it. I love the game, but it demands so much of my concentration while playing it that it's hard to get back into it once it has been put down for a while.

I think my next game will be Saints Row the Third, seeing is how every single person from Whiskey Media can't shut up about it. I haven't played any Saints Row games before, and a free copy of SR2 was in the box with SR3. Any reason why I should delay playing 3 to play 2 first? Not sure I want to delay seeing what all the fuss is about in SR3.
    bficky wrote:
    Collection (89/122):

In Progress (4):
    • Skylanders: Spyro's Adventures
    • Dark Souls
    • Split/Second
    • The Shoot

Backlog (29):
    • LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
    • Limbo
    • Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
    • Saints Row 2
    • Outland
    • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
    • Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes
    • Saints Row the Third
    • Shadow of the Colossus
    • Resistance 3
    • inFamous 2
    • Driver: San Francisco
    • The Sly Collection: Sly 1
    • The Sly Collection: Sly 2
    • The Sly Collection: Sly 3
    • Assassin's Creed: Revelations
    • PixelJunk Sidescroller
    • Rochard
    • Cubixx HD
    • Rainbow Six Vegas 2
    • Dragon Age: Origins
    • Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
    • Fallout 3 GOTY Edition
    • High Velocity Bowling
    • DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue
    • Back to the Future: The Game
    • LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
    • Playstation Move Heroes
    • Valkyria Chronicles II

Completed/Removed (86):
    Spoiler:

• SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    !UpdateStatus, 58/222

Finished up Warhammer 40k: Space Marine last night. Very fun little romp, though there's a lot of room for improvement. Just subtle things bugged me like some of the checkpoint placements and weapons that weren't particularly useful. Oh, and having the hammer stop you from using some of your weapons, but not being able to give up the hammer to use those weapons in a pinch drove me nuts.
    Spoiler:

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • HounHoun Jump In Save the WorldRegistered User regular
    !UpdateStatus 23/85

Finally beat the Starcraft 2 Campaign. What a disappointing ending.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: DigitalArcanist | PSN: DigitalArcanist | NNID: DigitalArcanist | Backloggery: Houn
  • Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus In a library with broken glasses Registered User regular
    !FallOffTheWagon

I fell so hard. I used a 3V voucher to preorder The Last Story and had money left over, so I bought Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together for the PSP, then I checked out steam and they have Plants vs. Zombies GOTY for 2 euro so I bought that too.

https://db.tt/CwmTSDmt (dropbox) my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow
  • SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    !FallOffTheWagon, 61/211

I had a pretty good run this month. Cleared off a few things. LittleBigPlanet, Dead Space 2, and Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D come to mind. I think that was about it. Anyhow took a couple hits today and grabbed Tales of the Abyss and Modern Warfare 2. Probably one of the strangest combos I've done in one day of shopping before.

Spoiler:

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
    edited February 2012
    !FallenUpdate 9/88

Beat Wario Land 4, but bought Tales of the Abyss and Solatorobo. Also getting Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 and Golden Sun: Dark Dawn via Goozex.

Edit: Can add Mighty Switch Force to the list of "beaten". Huzzah!

Current backlog:
    Spoiler:

pslong9 on
    steam_sig.png

!UpdateStatus (89/122 90/122)

98 hours later, I finally, finally, beat Dark Souls. I could have been done probably 40 hours ago, but I’m crazy and made sure I experienced every single thing I could in one playthrough, even if it meant grinding way too much or redoing areas over and over. I’m all set up to get the platinum if I ever do a NG+, which I’d love to but I really need to get back to beating some of the games on my backlog instead of Dark Souls over and over. Truly loved it. Just as good at the original, which I also put waaaay too much time into.

I’m only a few hours from beating the first Sly Cooper game and Skylanders (although I’ll continue to play the latter for a long time with my kids), so I’ll be able to update again on those soon. I did the tutorial in Saints Row 2 after being told that I really should play that one first before playing The Third, but I’m having trouble getting the motivation to start it up again since I don’t think I really want to play it, I just want to have played it, if that makes sense. Also still chipping away at Cubixx HD and Split/Second, which I'm not really digging that much but I'm trying to get through it so that I can try Driver SF. My next real story driven game will probably be Enslaved.

bficky wrote: »
    Collection (90/122):

In Progress (6):
    • The Sly Collection: Sly 1
    • Skylanders: Spyro's Adventures
    • Saints Row 2
    • Split/Second
    • Cubixx HD
    • The Shoot

Backlog (26):
    • Limbo
    • Outland
    • Saints Row the Third
    • Shadow of the Colossus
    • Resistance 3
    • inFamous 2
    • PixelJunk Sidescroller
    • Rochard
    • Rainbow Six Vegas 2
    • Fallout 3 GOTY Edition
    • High Velocity Bowling
    • Valkyria Chronicles II

Completed/Removed (86):
    Spoiler:

• UreshiiAkumaUreshiiAkuma Registered User regular
    So far this year I've managed to avoid all Steam sales on games I want (those resulted in 25+ games being added to my backlog last year), and I completed Dragon Age 2! When I went to update the spreadsheet I keep to track my backlog, I saw that I actually completed it exactly one year after I completed the first one. Must be something about February and long PC RPGs ...

Unfortunately for my backlog, I got Skyrim for my birthday, so that is going to suck up most of my gaming time for the next few months ...

3ds: 1934-0753-2550
    XBox Live: UreshiiAkumu
    steam_sig.png
  • EVOLEVOL Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I should signup. Bought a few indie game bundles, a few Steam sales and holy shit that stuff just piles up. And the problem is that I just seem to keep want to buying new stuff, even when there's other things to do. So...

!Signup 0/28
    Spoiler:

Right now most of my playing time is spent on Soulcalibur V, which doesn't really have an ending at all. That makes things a bit tricky but I'll try to get this shit done. First starting on Fortune Summoners and Cthulhu Saves the World for the PC, and Mario for the 3DS.

EVOL on
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Trying to burn through my backlog so I can sell what I don't like.

Tonight: Mario Sports Mix.

A decent game, but like most of the Mario sports title...not as fun playing single player.

Edit: I finished Gears of War long ago and I don't foresee myself playing it ever again...but it's going for like $5 on Amazon...for that price I might just hold onto it...urg...

maximumzero on
    oIi9lub.png
    Favicon.ico maximumzero / KrSaEN3.png 0860-3352-3335 / favicon.png eBay Shop / twitter-bird-16x16.png Twitter
  • AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    !FallOffTheWagon

I bought Journey and stopped playing two games in my Gift Backlog shortly after starting them (Lego Batman and Metal Gear 2), breaking both of my goals. Journey would have been on the purchase exception list if I had remembered it was coming out this year. Honest!

Other than that, I'm still working my way through Solatorobo and Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands Wii. The waggle combat in PoP can be frustrating at times, but I'm still really happy to have a pseudo-successor to PoP2008 even if it's more of a 2008/Sands of Time mashup.

soempty.jpg
    !UpdateStatus (90/122 94/123)

Made some progress on a bunch of games with one slip-up. I beat Split/Second (ok, not nearly as good as the Criterion racers), Skylanders (will continue to play it with the kiddos), Sly Cooper (easiest platinum trophy ever), and I removed Cubixx HD (became hard and unfun so it goes in the Removed pile until I'm feeling masochistic). I !FellOffTheWagon for SSX.

I'm almost finished with Enslaved, and my son and I are beginning to play LEGO Harry Potter 5-7. Still need to get back into Saints Row 2, since I need to beat that one before all my other open world games and those are piling up.
    Collection (94/123):

In Progress (5):
    • SSX
    • Saints Row 2
    • The Shoot

Backlog (24):
    • Rainbow Six Vegas 2
    • Saints Row the Third
    • Limbo
    • Outland
    • Shadow of the Colossus
    • Resistance 3
    • inFamous 2
    • PixelJunk Sidescroller
    • Rochard
    • Fallout 3 GOTY Edition
    • High Velocity Bowling
    • Valkyria Chronicles II

Completed/Removed (94):
    Spoiler:

• symbolsorsymbolsor Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Yeahh... I'm terrible at updating this. Well at least I've crossed Forza 3 off the list since last time. But wait. A random Forza 2 appears! Ffffffuuuuuuuu

Oh hey, I finished up GTAIV last year too. Cool.

!UpdateStatus !FallOffTheWagon 18/40*∞

Spoiler:

symbolsor on
    steam_sig.png
  • ruzkinruzkin Registered User regular
    Oh hey guys, it's been a while.

Update - 26-3-12

Finally beat Just Cause 2 after two years of farting around in the jungle. Final score was 60% or so. I traded it in immediately - I don't have the stomach for another 40 hours of crates.

Despite falling off the wagon a couple times, I'm almost at the end of my list. Scary.
    Spoiler:

KqOm9Bt.jpg
  • Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus In a library with broken glasses Registered User regular
    I have a good update as I beat two games this week, Yakuza 2 and Fortix.

http://www.backloggery.com/ConsoleHandheld

https://db.tt/CwmTSDmt (dropbox) my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow
  • HounHoun Jump In Save the WorldRegistered User regular
    I need to go back through my backlog and clean it up, get rid of shit I'm never going to get to, etc.

That said, I was gifted a copy of Bastion and I beated it. So that was cool. Good game, too.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: DigitalArcanist | PSN: DigitalArcanist | NNID: DigitalArcanist | Backloggery: Houn
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Fighting Boatrower-Kitteh Registered User regular
    FallOffTheWagon: 10/84

Well, after adjusting for Christmas gifts and everything, well... I fell and I got back up with a stack of awesome, amazing games. Suikoden and Suikoden II, Mass Effect 3, Zelda: Skyward Sword, Skyrim... yeah, I have some ground to make up. But summer break is fast approaching, and I should have the time for some serious gaming. I'm going to have to beat the RPGs one at a time, though... that's going to be a pain- not to mention my girlfriend's made no secret of the fact that she's getting me a copy of Suikoden V for my birthday, so I'll have the entire set.

Progress Report: 10/84

Color Code:

White: Games not started yet.
    Magenta: My current project.
    Lime: Completed games. Every three means I can treat myself to a points card- 360 or Wii, my choice- for whatever I want to use it for.
    Red: Games I either buy or get as gifts- as if I don't have enough to play already...
    Orange: Games that are just too wrecked or shitty for me to get any joy out of completing them.

PlayStation 2 (20 games total)

Xenosaga Ep. 1 (bought at the same time as Kingdom Hearts 1, got put away when I found out how much better it was)
    Yakuza
    Shadow Hearts: From The New World (disc currently lost in sister's room after she wanted to play Guitar Hero 3)
    Soul Calibur 3 (campaign mode)
    Suikoden 3 - AWESOME! I need to find the other games, this one was worth every penny!
    Mega Man X Command Mission
    Mega Man X Collection
    Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2 (1/5 classes used)
    Radiata Stories
    Wild Arms 3
    Final Fantasy XII
    Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time
    Madden '05 - holds my root beers better than it holds my attention.
    SRS: Street Racing Syndicate
    Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone
    Dragon Quest 8
    Metal Saga
    Jak II
    Jak III
    Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland

PlayStation (16 games total)

Thousand Arms - the into CG animation's music reminds me why I bought this game.
    Final Fantasy Origins: Beat FF II
    Final Fantasy Chronicles: Beat FF IV
    Alundra 2
    Breath of Fire 3
    Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete
    Arc The Lad Collection: Beat Arc The Lad 2 and 3
    Heart of Darkness
    Chrono Cross
    Final Fantasy IX
    Final Fantasy Anthology: Beat FF V
    Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories - Okay, this game is so far from fun it's not even fun to mock.
    Final Fantasy Tactics
    The Legend of Dragoon
    Suikoden
    Suikoden II

GameCube (5 games total)

Zelda Collector's Edition: Beat Zelda 1, 2 and Majora's Mask
    Pokemon Colosseum: capture and purify all shadow pokemon
    Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
    Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life
    Sonic Gems: Beat Sonic CD with all time gems

DS (6 games total)

Sprung - unlock 100%
    Zelda Spirit Tracks
    Pokemon HeartGold
    Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs
    Pokemon White
    Pokemon Black

XBox 360 (14 games total)

Orange Box
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance
    Forza 2
    Oblivion
    Beautiful Katamari
    Rumble Roses XX
    Conan
    Dragon Age- dear god this game deserves another playthrough ASAP!
    Dragon Age: Awakening
    Final Fantasy XIII
    Dragon Age II
    Mass Effect 2: Complete crew roster and upgrades, have everyone survive final mission
    Mass Effect 3
    Skyrim

XBox Live Arcade: (3 games total)

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds: Beat Story Mode.
    Soul Calibur: View All Endings
    Phantasy Star II

XBox 360 Indie Games: (2 games total)

Breath of Death VII
    Avatar Online Adventures- Beat main story

Wii (8 games total)

Super Mario Galaxy- collect all stars
    Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
    Pokemon Battle Revolution
    Mario Kart Wii - unlock all drivers
    Dragon Quest Swords
    New Super Mario Bros. Wii- collect all Star Coins
    Sakura Wars: So Long My Love - 3/6 endings obtained
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

WiiWare (2 games total)

Megaman 9 - Pretty good workout. Protoman mode might give you a good challenge.
    Megaman 10 - Where's 11? More balanced than 9, though.

Virtual Console (8 games total)

River City Ransom (NES)
    Shining Force II (Genesis)
    Ogre Battle (SNES)
    StarTropics (NES)
    Lords of Thunder (TurboGrafx-16)
    Toe Jam & Earl (Genesis)
    Toe Jam & Earl: Panic on Funkotron (Genesis)
    Phantasy Star IV (Genesis)[/quote]

sig.gif
    !Update 10/88

Beat Tales of the Abyss. Woohoo!

Current backlog:
    Spoiler:

steam_sig.png

!UpdateStatus (94/123 95/123)

I finished Enslaved: Journey to the West last night. I liked it a lot.

Still making my way through LEGO Harry Potter, SSX, and Saints Row 2. I also started playing Deathspank 2.
    Collection (95/123):

In Progress (5):
    • SSX
    • Saints Row 2
    • The Shoot

Backlog (23):
    • Rainbow Six Vegas 2
    • Saints Row the Third
    • Limbo
    • Outland
    • Shadow of the Colossus
    • Resistance 3
    • inFamous 2
    • PixelJunk Sidescroller
    • Rochard
    • Fallout 3 GOTY Edition
    • High Velocity Bowling
    • Valkyria Chronicles II

Completed/Removed (95):
    Spoiler:

2012 Backlog: 4/14. I beat Skyward Sword, but I'm probably going to buy Xenoblade Chronicles and Kid Icarus soon so overall I'm not making much progress.

DS:
    Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - in the Ocean Sanctuary
    Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - STILL not started
    Dragonball Origins 2 - also not started
    Professor Layton and the Last Specter
    9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors
    Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns

Wii:
    Little King's Story - able to battle four kings at any time
    deBlob 2 - beat two levels
    Opoona - on the 2nd dome
    Tale of Symphonia 2 - I got Genis and Raine in my party...
    Monster Hunter Tri - I caught a fish once
    Rune Factory Tides of Destiny - not started
    Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

3DS:
    Tales of the Abyss - near the beginning I guess

Bonus Round! Downloaded Games:

Super Mario Bros 2
    Startropics
    Metroid
    Legend of Zelda II

Yoshi's Island
    Breath of Fire II
    Super Metroid
    Donkey Kong Country
    Legend of the Mystical Ninja

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Ys Book I & II

Avenging Spirit
    Fire Emblem Sacred Stones
    Metroid Fusion
    Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
    Wario Land 4

Mega Man 9
    And Yet It Moves
    Pucca's Kisses Game (hell yes)

Zenonia
    Picdun
    Puzzle Quest
    Mighty Switch force
    VVVVVV

tayatagi.gif
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    I'm thinking I might have to type up my library soon. At least half of my Wii games are unfinished and there's about half of my 360 library that I'd like to get complete and get rid of.

Like Borderlands...love the concept, but I don't think I'll ever finish the thing.

oIi9lub.png
    Favicon.ico maximumzero / KrSaEN3.png 0860-3352-3335 / favicon.png eBay Shop / twitter-bird-16x16.png Twitter
  • Dr.jebusDr.jebus Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    !Update 23/61 !FallOffTheWagon [5]

Added Dead Space 2 to the completion stack. Truly amazing game. Everything a sequel should be: thoroughly expanding upon the first game's gameplay and story. Zealot difficulty reminds us that ammo conservation is extremely important. Oh, and your reward is unlocking Hard Core difficulty: ammo is even more scarce, you die in less hits, and you are only allowed to save three times........oh, and you can only respawn at your last save point.
    Also finished Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. This game had an unbelievably good intro. Lots of Desmond doing assassin stuff, lots of Ezio experiencing abrupt change. Then it gets super sand-boxy, similar to GTA. Take quests for your different factions at your own pace, find flags and treasure chests, kinda grindy. The stars in this game are definitely the Shrines of Romulos missions though. The very best in run-jump-climb gameplay. Also, the game is god damned beautiful.
    Also borrowed Megaman 8 from a friend, beat it in 2 days. They made this one too easy.
    Found out I have already beaten Pokémon Sapphire (thank god).
    Finished Dragon Age: Origins. Will definitely play again.
    Finished Psychonauts again on PC this time. So fun, and so well-written.
    Fell off the wagon when Steam sold me Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed 2, Brotherhood and Revelations a while back. Luckily, I've beaten 3 of them :P
    **Removed excessive carriage returns from list.**
    **EDIT** Forgot that Dragon Age: Awakening was a separate game.
    Might as well put Diablo III on the pile...
    Spoiler:

Dr.jebus on
    "None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me!"

-Rorschach
    Jurg wrote: »
    I've been putting off signing up. But, the longer I put it off, the longer the task goes unfinished. So I decided to sign up, even though I know I'll fall off the wagon for Devil Survivor 2. And maybe Xenoblade.

This is only including things I have in my house now. My N64 games are elsewhere, I have some DS games on loan, and I can no longer play my XBLA games because my brother moved out and the XBox was his. I can't play ANY XBox games, for that matter, which should at least cut down on my new purchases for a while. Not that I purchase games often. I think I bought like 4 games last year, and I'm almost done with two of them (Dissidia 2 and P3P.)

Anyway, let's do this.

!Signup 0/94
    Spoiler:

Good god man! You've got quite the task ahead; all those J-RPGs!! Welcome to the club :D

"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me!"

-Rorschach
  • BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    Made some progress by beating Alan Wake...

Oh man, I want to play that one again so badly.

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
    Made some progress by beating Alan Wake...

Oh man, I want to play that one again so badly.

Okay, that's weird. I was just adding Alan Wake and Alan Wake's American Nightmare (new DLC) to my wishlist, just before I read this.

-Rorschach
    !Update 24/63 !FallOffTheWagon [2]

Mario RPG beaten for the 4th time. Super fun.
    Girlfriend bought me Penumbra: Overture and Penumbra: Black Plague. Doing the first one, and this game is fucking terrifying O_O
    Spoiler:

-Rorschach
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    !Signup

PC

Alpha Protocol - played one mission so far
    Assassin's Creed Revelations - About 20% through
    Bioshock - played twenty minutes
    Command and Conquer 4
    Red Alert 3
    Dead Space 2
    Skyrim - got about 20% in
    Just Cause 2
    Kane + Lynch 1
    Kane + Lynch 2
    Portal 2
    Project Snowblind
    Supreme Commander 2 - start and finish campaign
    Splinter Cell : Chaos Theory
    Splinter Cell : Double Agent
    Torchlight

What a small list...

Tube-san wrote:
    I apologise for my rudeness desu.
  • SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Registered User regular
    Backlog question: is it "cheating" to take stuff off of the backlog that you have no interest in playing again? For example, I picked up DA:O years ago, and I just do not find it to be an entertaining game. Would it be wrong for me to cross it off if I don't really plan on playing it again?

No it's not wrong or cheating. You can do what you want.

tayatagi.gif
    edited May 2012
    Backlog question: is it "cheating" to take stuff off of the backlog that you have no interest in playing again? For example, I picked up DA:O years ago, and I just do not find it to be an entertaining game. Would it be wrong for me to cross it off if I don't really plan on playing it again?

I had/have the same issue (with the same game, actually). I wound up creating a "Removed" list that is effectively taking a game out of my backlog but acknowledging that I didn't finish it and that I could/should try to revisit it when I have nothing else to play (HA!).

...not exactly sure why, but I've actually kinda stopped playing video games. It's probably a combo of not being interested in games at the top of my pile (SSX, Saints Row 2), stress/anxiety at work makes me feel guilty about playing games when I should be doing other things, and watching a lot more baseball on TV with my son, but my 10 or so hours of gaming a week has dropped to 1 or 2. I really wanted to play SR2 since I have a lot of other open world games behind it, but I think it's making me just not play games at all, so I may jump Uncharted 3 or some other game I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy to the top of the list and try to get my groove back.

That being said, I did clear a few games off my list a while ago:

I beat Deathspank: Thongs of Virtue and finished all the story mode levels in LEGO Harry Potter 5-7. For some reason, I enjoy the Deathspank games more than anyone else does it seems. I'm sure I'll get the last one eventually. I'll continue to play LEGO HP with my kids and try to get 100%, but we've made through all the levels so I'm calling it done.

Also, through PSN+ I got a free copy of Trine 2. I typically download but then ignore all the free games I get from PSN+, but Trine 2 was on my "buy when it's on sale" list so I added it to my collection and started to play it a little. Not bad.
    Collection (98/124):

In Progress (4):
    • SSX
    • Trine 2
    • Saints Row 2
    • The Shoot

Backlog (22):
    • Rainbow Six Vegas 2
    • Saints Row the Third
    • Limbo
    • Outland
    • Shadow of the Colossus
    • Resistance 3
    • inFamous 2
    • PixelJunk Sidescroller
    • Rochard
    • Fallout 3 GOTY Edition
    • High Velocity Bowling
    • Valkyria Chronicles II

Completed/Removed (98):
    Spoiler:

bficky on
    Dr.jebus wrote: »
    Jurg wrote: »
    I've been putting off signing up. But, the longer I put it off, the longer the task goes unfinished. So I decided to sign up, even though I know I'll fall off the wagon for Devil Survivor 2. And maybe Xenoblade.

This is only including things I have in my house now. My N64 games are elsewhere, I have some DS games on loan, and I can no longer play my XBLA games because my brother moved out and the XBox was his. I can't play ANY XBox games, for that matter, which should at least cut down on my new purchases for a while. Not that I purchase games often. I think I bought like 4 games last year, and I'm almost done with two of them (Dissidia 2 and P3P.)

Anyway, let's do this.

!Signup 0/94
    Spoiler:

Good god man! You've got quite the task ahead; all those J-RPGs!! Welcome to the club :D

Wow, that's almost as many RPGs to finish as I think I have... but yeah, welcome!

A quick note, though- you might want to take Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories off if you haven't started it yet. Speaking from personal experience, the A.I. in that game is really, really cheap and some of the decks you'll be facing are damn near impossible to beat. The one that got me so fed up that I set it aside was the opponent that could reliably drop a Gate Guardian on the field the very first turn. Yeah. About all you could reliably do was play defense until he dropped a second monster, at which point you're usually screwed.

sig.gif
    FallOffTheWagon: 11/85

My birthday's come and gone, and with it came my promised copy of Suikoden V. Good grief, my collection's got quantity and quality in it in some places. Helped a friend knock off Dragon Age II, so I'm counting that done. It's good, but I'll play it again myself in the future.

For a new project, well... I might be restarting Ogre Battle- I'm not happy with my army, and honestly, well, I think I can do better. Unit building is such a goddamn pain, though... I keep relying on the same four or five units and have a mountain of fighters and archers just sitting around. I really need a good unit construction guide... I might also start Suikoden 1 and gradually work up to 5 over the summer.

Progress Report: 11/85

Color Code:

White: Games not started yet.
    Magenta: My current project.
    Lime: Completed games. Every three means I can treat myself to a points card- 360 or Wii, my choice- for whatever I want to use it for.
    Red: Games I either buy or get as gifts- as if I don't have enough to play already...
    Orange: Games that are just too wrecked or shitty for me to get any joy out of completing them.

PlayStation 2 (20 games total)

Xenosaga Ep. 1 (bought at the same time as Kingdom Hearts 1, got put away when I found out how much better it was)
    Yakuza
    Shadow Hearts: From The New World (disc currently lost in sister's room after she wanted to play Guitar Hero 3)
    Soul Calibur 3 (campaign mode)
    Suikoden 3 - AWESOME! I need to find the other games, this one was worth every penny!
    Mega Man X Command Mission
    Mega Man X Collection
    Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2 (1/5 classes used)
    Radiata Stories
    Wild Arms 3
    Final Fantasy XII
    Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time
    Madden '05 - holds my root beers better than it holds my attention.
    SRS: Street Racing Syndicate
    Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone
    Dragon Quest 8
    Metal Saga
    Jak II
    Jak III
    Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland
    Suikoden V

PlayStation (16 games total)

Thousand Arms - the into CG animation's music reminds me why I bought this game.
    Final Fantasy Origins: Beat FF II
    Final Fantasy Chronicles: Beat FF IV
    Alundra 2
    Breath of Fire 3
    Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete
    Arc The Lad Collection: Beat Arc The Lad 2 and 3
    Heart of Darkness
    Chrono Cross
    Final Fantasy IX
    Final Fantasy Anthology: Beat FF V
    Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories - Okay, this game is so far from fun it's not even fun to mock.
    Final Fantasy Tactics
    The Legend of Dragoon
    Suikoden
    Suikoden II

GameCube (5 games total)

Zelda Collector's Edition: Beat Zelda 1, 2 and Majora's Mask
    Pokemon Colosseum: capture and purify all shadow pokemon
    Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
    Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life
    Sonic Gems: Beat Sonic CD with all time gems

DS (6 games total)

Sprung - unlock 100%
    Zelda Spirit Tracks
    Pokemon HeartGold
    Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs
    Pokemon White
    Pokemon Black

XBox 360 (14 games total)

Orange Box
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance
    Forza 2
    Oblivion
    Beautiful Katamari
    Rumble Roses XX
    Conan
    Dragon Age- dear god this game deserves another playthrough ASAP!
    Dragon Age: Awakening
    Final Fantasy XIII
    Dragon Age II
    Mass Effect 2: Complete crew roster and upgrades, have everyone survive final mission
    Mass Effect 3
    Skyrim

XBox Live Arcade: (3 games total)

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds: Beat Story Mode.
    Soul Calibur: View All Endings
    Phantasy Star II

XBox 360 Indie Games: (2 games total)

Breath of Death VII
    Avatar Online Adventures- Beat main story

Wii (8 games total)

Super Mario Galaxy- collect all stars
    Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
    Pokemon Battle Revolution
    Mario Kart Wii - unlock all drivers
    Dragon Quest Swords
    New Super Mario Bros. Wii- collect all Star Coins
    Sakura Wars: So Long My Love - 3/6 endings obtained
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

WiiWare (2 games total)

Megaman 9 - Pretty good workout. Protoman mode might give you a good challenge.
    Megaman 10 - Where's 11? More balanced than 9, though.

Virtual Console (8 games total)

River City Ransom (NES)
    Shining Force II (Genesis)
    Ogre Battle (SNES)
    StarTropics (NES)
    Lords of Thunder (TurboGrafx-16)
    Toe Jam & Earl (Genesis)
    Toe Jam & Earl: Panic on Funkotron (Genesis)
    Phantasy Star IV (Genesis)

sig.gif
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    !Signup

PC: 6/63 (10%)
    Currently Playing: And Yet It Moves

Wii: 11/20 (55%)
    Currently Playing: Skylanders

360: 5/19 (26%)
    Currently Playing: Bastion

3DS: 5/7 (71%)
    Currently Playing: Steel Diver

DS: 10/17 (59%)
    Currently Playing: Hotel Dusk: Room 215

Game lists are on my Backloggery, I hope that's ok so I don't have to type them all out again. I just got a new laptop that can actually play games, so my PC backlog is huge compared to my others. I'd been doing pretty well on the 3DS until Christmas. The two games I have yet to beat are Steel Diver and Pilotwings Resort.

!UpdateStatus, PC: 7/63
    I beat And Yet It Moves! Next Up: Jolly Rover (used random Steam game selection)

ArcSyn on
    steam_sig.png
    Backloggery XBox Live: ArcSyn 3DS: 1805-2274-4550 (Jonathan) WiiU NNID: ArcSyn

GIFT GET GIFS
    !Update 12/88

Finished both Skyward Sword and Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2. Moving onto Portal 2 and Rune Factory 3.

Current backlog:
    Spoiler:

steam_sig.png

!FallOffTheWagon PC: 7/65

I was pushed off the wagon yesterday, when a friend of mine dropped off Diablo 3 so we can play online.
    I fell off the wagon today when I saw Orcs Must Die! on sale for $3.75.

I have been making some good progress though with Steel Diver, so that's a plus.

steam_sig.png

GIFT GET GIFS
    !Update Status 3DS: 6/7
    I beat Steel Diver! It's not complete, but the only thing remaining is beating the final level two more times with the different subs. I'm not doing that because it's a terrible game. I've seen the credits, I'm shelving this one.
    Next Up: Pilotwings Resort

steam_sig.png

GIFT GET GIFS