As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hecto[chat]

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited January 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    I like quinoa anyways. Not sure about crickets.

Passer are crickets halal? I know that kosher has some issues with arthropods, though they probably allow locusts which are close enough.

Halal is not the same as Kosher. Kosher covers wayyyy wayyyyyy more things than Halal does. For it to be Halal, it can't be dead meat, can't be a carnivore, can't be a pig, and can't have fangs. That's it. Bugs are perfectly allowable.

It has to be killed and bloodlet ritually, right?

And aren't most fish carnivores?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Passer isn't all meat well dead? Or do you mean like carrion?

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Ugh, the film of the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is pretty transparent some times but on the other hand the scenery is nice

That movie was so horrible, the book series is not much better, but christ they were trying so hard to be lotr part 2.

I liked the books but mainly I think because I read them a lot as a kid. The movies have no such attachment factor. Some parts were filmed near where I grew up, which is kind of neat though, so it is cool to see home, if via a rubbish source

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Like carrion, if my understanding is correct.

japan on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    Doc on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited January 2010
    Even French Canadians?

Especially French Canadians. They're even more stubborn and white-bread than the real French people.
    Variable wrote: »
    I am gonna start with eccleston and work my way back if I like it. just read the wiki.

Yeah, I pretty much stopped watching when Tenant started up.

I didn't like him at first because I really like Eccleston, but it did not take long to warm up to him.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    Somebody on here has a quote in his or her sig that says something like the following: There are those who believe in the wisdom of the common people as though true knowledge were locked away from the educated.

Can anybody remember who that is so I can find the actual quote?

LoserForHireX
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there were a special secret entrance to knowledge which is blocked to those who have learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche

It's from Thus Spoke Zarathustra in the section "On Poets"

<3

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    It has to be killed and bloodlet ritually, right?

And aren't most fish carnivores?

Pretty much anything from the sea is a carnivore at some point, yeah, but most Muslim scholars agree that anything from the sea is Halal. Never said this had to make sense. :)
    Mazzyx wrote: »

I mean carrion.

Also, turns out the general consensus is that insects aren't halal (except for locusts), so I guess that solves that dilemma.

I still want to know how it turns out, though, Arch.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I should probably take some time and watch that show already. Where to start, though?

Haphazard on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Pretty much anything from the sea is a carnivore at some point, yeah, but most Muslim scholars agree that anything from the sea is Halal. Never said this had to make sense. :)
    That sounds a little... hypocritical.

Bama on
  • Options
    The Crowing OneThe Crowing One Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Somebody on here has a quote in his or her sig that says something like the following: There are those who believe in the wisdom of the common people as though true knowledge were locked away from the educated.

LoserForHireX
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there were a special secret entrance to knowledge which is blocked to those who have learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche

<3

My god that quote sums up my entire artistic career.

And the Teabaggers.

o_O

The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Bama wrote: »

Well, because it's salt water...

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Doc wrote: »

This is the 100% truth.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I read Nietzsche in the original Zoroastrian.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010

LoserForHireX

<3

And the Teabaggers.

o_O
    "O'REILLY: Do you believe that you are smart enough, incisive enough, intellectual enough to handle the most powerful job in the world?

PALIN: I believe that I am because I have common sense. And I have, I believe, the values that are reflective of so many other American values. And I believe that what Americans are seeking is not the elitism, the kind of a spinelessness that perhaps is made up for that with some kind of elite Ivy League education and a fact resume that's based on anything but hard work and private sector, free enterprise principles. Americans could be seeking something like that in positive change in their leadership. I'm not saying that has to be me."

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010

It is.

Like I said, I'm ok with life being hypocritical sometimes. It's not like I'm expecting anyone else to follow these guidelines if they don't want to.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    SARKSUS!!!!!!!

<3<3<3<3

How are you?!

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Also Kosher laws will make your head spin. I remember having to read through some of them in temple. All animals are killed by slicing the throat and draining the blood. No blood in your meat when you eat it. This means to cook a steak you usually soak it in salt water to draw the blood out then cook it to shoe leather quality or at least that is what my grandfather did. Also there is the no milk products with meat part. Though soy does get around this as I found it in Israel where the big mac has soy cheese to stay kosher. And no shellfish or pork. Dirty animals.

I know there are tons more, but man there is no way in hell I could keep them.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010

LoserForHireX

<3

And the Teabaggers.

o_O
    "O'REILLY: Do you believe that you are smart enough, incisive enough, intellectual enough to handle the most powerful job in the world?

PALIN: I believe that I am because I have common sense. And I have, I believe, the values that are reflective of so many other American values. And I believe that what Americans are seeking is not the elitism, the kind of a spinelessness that perhaps is made up for that with some kind of elite Ivy League education and a fact resume that's based on anything but hard work and private sector, free enterprise principles. Americans could be seeking something like that in positive change in their leadership. I'm not saying that has to be me."

Yeah, inverse.

But fuck "common sense". I write for that .01% of the population that aren't moronic, lazy, culture-less swine. When I reference the Cantos I expect you translate the Mandarin iconography. Anything less and you're a lazy, stupid bastard.

Dear god I need to eat something. I'm getting testy.

The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    BTW, I think I've found a way to make HamHamJ's head explode. I've written an extensive argument that posits that everyone must believe either A)God exists, or B)Qualia exist.

It's going to be so awesome.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I dunno doc that was more awkward than anything.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2010

LoserForHireX

<3

And the Teabaggers.

o_O

Yeah, inverse.

But fuck "common sense". I write for that .01% of the population that aren't moronic, lazy, culture-less swine. When I reference the Cantos I expect you translate the Mandarin iconography. Anything less and you're a lazy, stupid bastard.

Don't you talk shit about Ezra Pound, you piece of shit.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Podly, if your other lengthy nonsensical arguments haven't worked, why is this one going to?

Bama on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Podly wrote: »

LoserForHireX

<3

And the Teabaggers.

o_O

Yeah, inverse.

Don't you talk shit about Ezra Pound, you piece of shit.

Podly. You just made my day. I love you.

And that was me talking. I wasn't taking a persona.

The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010

LoserForHireX

<3

And the Teabaggers.

o_O

I, for one, want the leader of my country to be elite. I want him to be the best we have to offer.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    SARKSUS!!!!!!!

<3<3<3<3

How are you?!

Much better.

What have you been up to.
    BTW, I think I've found a way to make HamHamJ's head explode. I've written an extensive argument that posits that everyone must believe either A)God exists, or B)Qualia exist.

It's going to be so awesome.

Oh man I'm already hard.

No but seriously I have a shit-eating grin on my face after reading this.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Podly, if your other lengthy nonsensical arguments haven't worked, why is this one going to?

I think my thread about ontology was very successful, and the best that those who disagreed could say was "nuh uh!" There was not one singe critique which invalidated any of my propositions.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

BECAUSE HE READS NIETSZCHE IN THE ORIGINAL ZOROASTRIAN YOU INDOLENT FOOL

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

I, for one, want the leader of my country to be elite. I want him to be the best we have to offer.

Seriously John Stewart said much the same and I agree with him. I don't want the common sense retards who can barely figure out their vcrs to be running shit! I want the high profile white collar crime fucks.

Also I'm glad you admitted it can only be a dude, no ginas allowed.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hmmmn. Do I watch a movie here, or do I go out and get Subway, then watch Brothers?

Decisions, decisions.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    chat's gotten weird

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Common sense is what tells you the earth is flat.

japan on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    wazilla wrote: »

BECAUSE HE READS NIETSZCHE IN THE ORIGINAL ZOROASTRIAN YOU INDOLENT FOOL

Wouldn't it be Dari?

Wait.

I see what you did there.

The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010

I think my thread about ontology was very successful
    and yet HamHamJ's head remains intact

Bama on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    What have you been up to.

Taking some time off from school to make cash-monies, working on music, studying maths and philosophy.

Same ole, same ole.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Well, he could be walking around with a ruptured skull.

Actually, that would explain some things.

The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    japan wrote: »

Haha! Next you're going to tell me we're not descended from monkeys and it's not turtles all the way down!

Bwaha... hahaha... ha... haha!

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    or that it doesn't matter whether you switch doors during the Big Deal

Bama on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

it's a long, protracted process.

Much like my nonsensical ideas themselves.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    or that it doesn't matter whether you switch doors during the Big Deal

You always switch doors

wait... that's not the point I'm trying to make...

You never switch doors

Good ol' rock.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
This discussion has been closed.