As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Team Nope-tress 2

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    T4CT wrote: »
    I HAVE FOUND YOUR OPINIONS TO BE CONTRARY TO MINE BUT CANNOT GIVE A LOGICAL REASON AS TO WHY YOU ARE WRONG AND THEREFORE I WILL POOP ON YOUR CHEST

Pretty much my exact thoughts upon reading the reply.

Oh well, guess I have to learn to user the scattergun again. Sandman I have been using anyway so glad to see it buffed.

Morkath on
  • Options
    ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    so just came off of playing ebo's map

first of all, the high ceiling is so good for my soldier play; those you i airshotted many a time (jaunty <3) can attest that I was blazin it

in general, i think it is a little bloated with empty space; maybe some props or doodads to create some cover near the last point, or maybe a berm, i dunno.

also, as kupi was saying, we really need a great sniper (flippy, mikiya, or just someone in general really good) to test out the sightlines; however I don't think it's a big issue.

in short, i airshot errday, and ebo's map looks pretty good.

I hate your airshots, Pirat. =p

It's funny you should mention the high ceiling, since right at the start someone was on top of the silo and their grenades were bouncing off the skybox.

I have a few things I'd like to try at the end there, but for this test I wanted to focus on getting both teams to the end at similar points in time. The problem is anything that will slow one team down will slow the other team down. So I have to make it easier for the team whose cart is lagging behind to get back to their cart with enough mans to make sure it keeps moving, and have those who remain to put up a defense have a defensible position with which to defend. I don't really want to put in teleporters just to remedy that problem just yet.

This is a race, afterall, and like other PLR maps being ahead is an advantage that should mean something. Someone suggested making the lead cart slower, but I've never been a fan of "rubber banding" in order to even things out.

Anyways, thanks for the wonderful testing we got done tonight, friends. I never expected the turn out we got. The server was full for almost 2 whole hours. Just...amazing. And the feedback I got, though sometimes contradictory and confusing and a lot of work, was very helpful.

Oh, and I want my map on HoNC someday soon. :winky:

ebotastic on
    Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Goomba wrote: »
    SirToons didn't kill me a single time without a medic in tow.

Not that I'm saying that he's bad without a pocket medic bu
    but, but, that first screenshot shows the exact opposite of this statement!!

I think he got you son.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010

Fine.

The time you dominated me you did not have a pocket medic away from your side once. The other time I was a demoman I think? because fuck the shotgun is so ugly even if it is objectively better in every single way.

I think he got you son.
    Well considering a posted a demo of me being a better demoman than I have ever witnessed you to be and you said 'pfah all you do is spam' when in the past you actually called that something like 'very tactical gameplay' I don't think you know much about getting, mom.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    It really is

remember that time I burned you for about a minute and did 30 damage

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I mean if I'm gonna be a pyro I might as well go all out on gimping myself.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    so just came off of playing ebo's map

first of all, the high ceiling is so good for my soldier play; those you i airshotted many a time (jaunty <3) can attest that I was blazin it

in general, i think it is a little bloated with empty space; maybe some props or doodads to create some cover near the last point, or maybe a berm, i dunno.

also, as kupi was saying, we really need a great sniper (flippy, mikiya, or just someone in general really good) to test out the sightlines; however I don't think it's a big issue.

in short, i airshot errday, and ebo's map looks pretty good.

Every fuckin time

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    also buster blade can totally corroborate my boss as hell airshot with a one soldier's reflected rocket on a different one.

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I mean if I'm gonna be a pyro I might as well go all out on gimping myself.

you mean use the backburner?

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Being a heavy is as simple as it can get but there's something magical about being ignored for half a round, but start doing exceptional, then all of a sudden you have 2-3 spectral tethers attached to your spine

edit: It's even funnier when they start arguing over who gets to heal you.

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    is someone talking about ershotz up in here

cause i'm da boss

SuMa.Lustre on
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    watching a soldier kill themselves with the direct shot because they missed me feels very satisfying for some reason.

Morkath on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    It really is

targe huh

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Wish I had some maps that apparently weren't happy-listed! Enjoy your game, all!

Monsty on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    also buster blade can totally corroborate my boss as hell airshot with a one soldier's reflected rocket on a different one.
    I could say something smug about how that's totally not uncommon but I'm too angry about that sticky reflect.

You have no idea how many I've reflected only to get some bullshit "FINISHED OFF" shit. And the one time I did get one I died right after and got some shitty killcam of a fuckface scout motherfucker.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    is it possible to replace the hit noise with something else?

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I could say something smug about how that's totally not uncommon but I'm too angry about that sticky reflect.

You have no idea how many I've reflected only to get some bullshit "FINISHED OFF" shit. And the one time I did get one I died right after and got some shitty killcam of a fuckface scout motherfucker.

was it one of the ones with the backwards bending legs?

Scouts need to be purged from this earth

Beezel on
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    HEAVY BOXING GO

also someone with hammer skills needs to take the L4D Helms Deep map and make it a TF2 map for playing.

T4CT on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It really is

targe huh
    nope

just good old fashioned awful flame hit detection/damage.

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    OIC

I think "FINISHED OFF" should die in a fucking fire until they fix 1) its lack of recognition of fall-based deaths [I feel like it used to recognize this but not anymore, confirm/deny?] and 2) its lack of a killcam.

If you're make it a fucking kill, give me one of your shitty killcams so I can see how little damage I did before I walked off that ledge while on fire.

Actually I'm too lazy to go back and check, or to think hard about it, but I'm pretty sure that this, the blacklist idea, and a clientside variable to hide dominations (never gonna happen) are the only three things on my "fix this and the overall game is fine" list, leaving just class, weapon, and map corrections

edit: map corrections involve making plr_pipeline and koth_viaduct not exist
    class & weapon corrections are too numerous to count IMO but they're (always) off to a good start

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Look if I fucking airblast a sticky and your dumb ass blows it up that is not suicide, that is me blowing your dumb ass up by your own dumbass hand. Give me the kill for it goddamn you Valve.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Goomba, what happened to you?

That looks pretty painful.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    Quaz and WallyQuaz and Wally Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    It looks like you shot him while he was touching himself.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    pyros do a back flip when you headshot them.
    goomba was running sideways, resulting in him apparently fellating himself.

goomba you're doing it wrong!

evilthecat on
    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    another great thing is watching a pyro leafblower your first sticky trap, chase you only to be gibbed by the second trap you set earlier and be rewarded with a killcam of the blackest part of your ass

squeak-squeak-squeak

motherFUCK I love the Scottish Resistance

Beezel on
  • Options
    savooipeerdsavooipeerd Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The FaN and DR nerfs are nice and all but I see no targe nerf on that list

Patch status: worthless

(the fact that it's so buggy that it had to be rolled back also doesn't help)

savooipeerd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KimChiKimChi Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    But man, I think I was the first person here to suggest blacklisting and thus figured that, Valve being my enemy, it would never be implemented

They're just keeping their friends close and their enemies closer

KimChi on
    tf2_sig.png
    Shameful PPH
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Beezel wrote: »
    another great thing is watching a pyro leafblower your first sticky trap, chase you only to be gibbed by the second trap you set earlier and be rewarded with a killcam of the blackest part of your ass

squeak-squeak-squeak

motherFUCK I love the Scottish Resistance

or you could just have normal reactions and trigger the first set when he leafblows them because you have to get well within explosion range to do that.

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    KimChi wrote: »
    But man, I think I was the first person here to suggest blacklisting and thus figured that, Valve being my enemy, it would never be implemented

They're just keeping their friends close and their enemies closer
    damn their hides

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The best part of the SR is that it's exactly like the sticky launcher only super gimmicky and has a .4 second delay so you can't be a shithead with it making it worthless for any true demoman.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    But Goomba.

The squeakening.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Oh, by all means use it. Like other classes get the sandman or flairgun or C&D or razorback or blutsager the demoman gets a weapon that is actually worse in almost every way but somehow still overpowered.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Cloak and Dagger is excellent you hag

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    savooipeerdsavooipeerd Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Cloak and Dagger is excellent if you like to sit outside the other team's [strike]window[/strike] spawn room to watch them change [strike]clothes[/strike] classes

savooipeerd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Cloak and Dagger is excellent if you like to sit outside the other team's [strike]window[/strike] spawn room to watch them change [strike]clothes[/strike] classes

Well, no, it's also good for hiding in plain sight, stabbing somene, running two feet and hiding for a minute to stab them again when they come back.

It's fantastic to be an asshole with

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Squidget0Squidget0 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Without the C&D, it would be almost impossible to stand next to enemy engineers the entire game spamming encouraging voice commands.

And that would be a tragedy.

Squidget0 on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

cause i'm da boss
    bring it kid, I'll show you how it's done, 1v1 style.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010

cause i'm da boss
    bring it kid, I'll show you how it's done, 1v1 style.
    It's fun playing ammomod as targedemoman. tyrannus airshot me a few times with the DH and I still won by 30 health after missing about 80% of my pipes.

Then I airshot him as pyro. If you know what I mean.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Fine.

The time you dominated me you did not have a pocket medic away from your side once. The other time I was a demoman I think? because fuck the shotgun is so ugly even if it is objectively better in every single way.

Well considering a posted a demo of me being a better demoman than I have ever witnessed you to be and you said 'pfah all you do is spam' when in the past you actually called that something like 'very tactical gameplay' I don't think you know much about getting, mom.
    Now you're just talking out of your ass.

I could be having the worst day of demo and still be doing just as good as you, K:D ratio and all.

I never said spamming was a viable option to being good, I just defended the fact that not all demomen spam and not all shots are considered spam.

Plus yes all you do is spam. I was not the only one to attest to this.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Fine.

Now you're just talking out of your ass.

I could be having the worst day of demo and still be doing just as good as you, K:D ratio and all.

I never said spamming was a viable option to being good, I just defended the fact that not all demomen spam and not all shots are considered spam.

Plus yes all you do is spam. I was not the only one to attest to this.
    Okay let's go ahead and assume that I am literally the worst demoman to ever play demoman. I still get top score with it if I play it for most of the map.

Yes hrm yep must be a balanced class.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]