Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Creedence Clearwater [chat]

145791063

Posts

  • ThomamelasThomamelas Bro!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Stone Cold Steve Austin was a GameStop pre-order only character for Smackdown vs. Raw 2010. He's on the fucking disc but I can't use him because I didn't pre-order from GS. Supposedly he'll be apart of the first DLC for the game but it's like, seriously guys? You're charging me for a character that's sitting on the disc? You suck.

    Also, MECHA ZANGIEF! MECHA FUCKING ZANGIEF!

    Juggernaut requires people who didn't download him apply a content patch so they can play with those that did online

    Wait, so if someone else had him you had to apply a patch if you didn't? That is an impressive level of retarded.

  • ArchArch Viruses are totally dependent on knowledge of every eternity. Renounce faith. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    ProtoMan39 wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    ProtoMan39 wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    also- soyfucker?

    wait shit is protoman just Justinsane trying to fuck with me?

    i'm being trolled aren't I?

    Oh, no, I'm new. Actually, I found this account. I've never been on these forums before, and this isn't my usual screen name. But I was going through some old emails and saw a PennyArcade registration thing. I think one of my friends may have used my email to register or something; I dunno, though, since I don't think account had any posts before I started using it yesterday. Either way, I figured that winter break is boring, so why the hell shouldn't I join a new message board?

    I'm a pretty sarcastic guy. I did break up with her for those other reasons. Sometime's it's hard to tell because of Poe's Law and the fact that you can't hear tone of voice. If we were talking in person, you'd be able to tell I was being sarcastic the whole time.

    I figured.

    I was really trying to get justin to say ridiculous things

    i realize he needs no provocation

    Ah. I haven't really been here long enough to get to know people, so I have no real idea who this justin fellow is, outside of a couple of posts from this thread.

    justin is my frenemy.

    also i am a rabid vegetarian and you missed all the hullabaloo I generally raise about it. I am now hypocritical though because I am going to raise and eat my own insect stock

  • ArchArch Viruses are totally dependent on knowledge of every eternity. Renounce faith. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Stone Cold Steve Austin was a GameStop pre-order only character for Smackdown vs. Raw 2010. He's on the fucking disc but I can't use him because I didn't pre-order from GS. Supposedly he'll be apart of the first DLC for the game but it's like, seriously guys? You're charging me for a character that's sitting on the disc? You suck.

    Also, MECHA ZANGIEF! MECHA FUCKING ZANGIEF!

    Juggernaut requires people who didn't download him apply a content patch so they can play with those that did online

    Wait, so if someone else had him you had to apply a patch if you didn't? That is an impressive level of retarded.

    more like an impressive level of fuck you

  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgct_cHZe1I

    this is the worst thing I have seen today

    Clearly, you need to see Over the Top.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txUIq2O3wPE

    SuperKawaiiWillSig.jpg
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Bro!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    What should I do today?

    Cure cancer. Failing that you should become a failed artist who has become embittered with the world and his rich wife.

  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    I like when different retailers get different exclusive DLC

    welp I guess I'll just buy two copies now
    See, the thing is with you I can't tell if you're joking. Also, depending on the bonus material you can sometimes make a reservation, get your swag, and then cancel the preorder later.

    "Despite all the bitching, if Diablo 3 sucks, I will eat my own cock. Counter-claim: If Diablo 3 does not suck, I will have a list of whiners who need to eat cocks." - Zen Vulgarity
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Dhalsim's new ultra is fucking redonkulous.

  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I hate pre-order bonuses.

    That blackhole gun looks like crap, anyway, it was advertised just before the Street Fighter trailer.

    Still. Pre order bonuses are stupid.

    steam_sig.png
  • ArchArch Viruses are totally dependent on knowledge of every eternity. Renounce faith. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Bama wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    I like when different retailers get different exclusive DLC

    welp I guess I'll just buy two copies now
    See, the thing is with you I can't tell if you're joking. Also, depending on the bonus material you can sometimes make a reservation, get your swag, and then cancel the preorder later.

    man i tried that with Hellgate london and got fucking burned.

    also got burned by the game itself but oh welllll

  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Birthdays suck.
    Congrats on being one year closer to the blessed relief of death and being a rotting corpse in the ground.
    What if he's gonna be cremated, huh?

    Narrow minded.
    I just can't see him going to cremation route. Being a rotting corpse just seems like one last fuck you to the world.
    Man, fuck that. I want a viking funeral on Green Lake. Also, Will Arnett will be there, and as they set my body on fire and push me away from the shore, The Final Countdown will start to play and he'll do magic tricks.

  • ThomamelasThomamelas Bro!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

    Clearly, you need to see Over the Top.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqMUPzeIZn4

  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    What should I do today?

    Cure cancer. Failing that you should become a failed artist who has become embittered with the world and his rich wife.

    That sounds like a fantastic idea. Let me work on that.

    steam_sig.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I just don't want to preorder for that bullshit because I don't want to support the idiocy behind it. Dragons Age though with their prerelease dlc is king of asshole hill though.

  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    my boss decided that its too cold in the northeast and that we should go down to florida for a bit.

    We don't want you.

    I'll remember that when I'm in the warm sun and you're walking through a blizzard uphill both ways!

    I live in Florida.

    why doesn't florida want me?

  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    to be honest I don't really mind something like Dragon Age where they give you free DLC for buying it new or whatever

    that is an incentive

    but christ make it available at least

    Per3th.jpg
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    I like when different retailers get different exclusive DLC

    welp I guess I'll just buy two copies now
    See, the thing is with you I can't tell if you're joking. Also, depending on the bonus material you can sometimes make a reservation, get your swag, and then cancel the preorder later.

    man i tried that with Hellgate london and got fucking burned.

    also got burned by the game itself but oh welllll
    How'd that happen? It's not like they can come to your house and take away the swag. I'm not aware of any retailer than won't refund the deposit upon cancellation, either.

    "Despite all the bitching, if Diablo 3 sucks, I will eat my own cock. Counter-claim: If Diablo 3 does not suck, I will have a list of whiners who need to eat cocks." - Zen Vulgarity
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    my boss decided that its too cold in the northeast and that we should go down to florida for a bit.

    We don't want you.

    I'll remember that when I'm in the warm sun and you're walking through a blizzard uphill both ways!

    I live in Florida.

    why doesn't florida want me?

    I don't know, it just felt like the right thing to say at the time.

    metroid_sig.jpg
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    That sonic grenade post is stupid and I wish I never read it.

    steam_sig.png
  • ArchArch Viruses are totally dependent on knowledge of every eternity. Renounce faith. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    yess Dragon age had it right. Pre-order and we will give you this other stuff people who buy later have to pay for!

    I'm like 'ok, that makes it easier to justify buying this game early, because If I like it I will inevitably buy DLC given that I love DLC"

    also I almost typed DLC content. which is hella redundant

  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    I just don't want to preorder for that bullshit because I don't want to support the idiocy behind it. Dragons Age though with their prerelease dlc is king of asshole hill though.

    Yes, pre-release DLC is the worst. At least wait a month.

    metroid_sig.jpg
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Oh good thanks to that clip I can skip buying ME 2 because they are doing that retarded get items for preordering from a specific store bullshit.

    i did not order darksiders and will not buy it because I didn't have the money in time to preorder it. Why is that a big deal? Well, the whole game is about a weird take on the mythos of the Four Riders, and if you preorder you get to wield death's scythe. Didn't pre-order? Well too bad, this ENTIRE WEAPON we designed is unavailable to you.

    Welp, sucks then guys cause my first thought on hearing about this game was "A game about the horsemen? can I use death's scythe at some point?"

    The answer? "Yes, but only if you pre-order at Ebgames"

    fuck that noise. I couldn't afford to preorder, and thus the feature I actually wanted out of this game is COMPLETELY LOCKED to me.

    Just like Juggernaut in MUA2. I LOVE Juggernaut!

    Ugh, so sick of shit like this. Like in fucking AC2. My fucking DNA tract will never be 100% complete because I didn't buy one of the super special $100 editions.

    FUCK YOU.

    Okay SF4 for real now.

    Uhhhh. You can get 100% without the pre-order stuff.

    SuperKawaiiWillSig.jpg
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    to be honest I don't really mind something like Dragon Age where they give you free DLC for buying it new or whatever

    that is an incentive

    but christ make it available at least

    I don't mind the get stuff for buying it new (as its a way of combatting the horror that is used copies THE HORROR!) What I hated was the "Oh hey you just bought the game, sweet give us another 7 dollars to get the rest of the content we took out to charge you again".

  • ArchArch Viruses are totally dependent on knowledge of every eternity. Renounce faith. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Bama wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    I like when different retailers get different exclusive DLC

    welp I guess I'll just buy two copies now
    See, the thing is with you I can't tell if you're joking. Also, depending on the bonus material you can sometimes make a reservation, get your swag, and then cancel the preorder later.

    man i tried that with Hellgate london and got fucking burned.

    also got burned by the game itself but oh welllll
    How'd that happen? It's not like they can come to your house and take away the swag. I'm not aware of any retailer than won't refund the deposit upon cancellation, either.

    It was mainly self-inflicted

    pre-ordered at full price at two places, one wouldn't let me cancel (walmart.com). I sold the copy to a friend and kept the bonus

    and then the game fell through

  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Can't you get Juggernaught now by dlc? I have busted out my MUA:2 since beating it for the second time.

    falasig.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Bro!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    That sonic grenade post is stupid and I wish I never read it.

    Neckbeards rigging booby traps is a terrifying idea.

  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    yess Dragon age had it right. Pre-order and we will give you this other stuff people who buy later have to pay for!

    I'm like 'ok, that makes it easier to justify buying this game early, because If I like it I will inevitably buy DLC given that I love DLC"

    also I almost typed DLC content. which is hella redundant

    also the shale DLC was pretty excellent

  • ProtoMan39ProtoMan39 Registered User
    edited January 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    ProtoMan39 wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    ProtoMan39 wrote: »

    Oh, no, I'm new. Actually, I found this account. I've never been on these forums before, and this isn't my usual screen name. But I was going through some old emails and saw a PennyArcade registration thing. I think one of my friends may have used my email to register or something; I dunno, though, since I don't think account had any posts before I started using it yesterday. Either way, I figured that winter break is boring, so why the hell shouldn't I join a new message board?

    I'm a pretty sarcastic guy. I did break up with her for those other reasons. Sometime's it's hard to tell because of Poe's Law and the fact that you can't hear tone of voice. If we were talking in person, you'd be able to tell I was being sarcastic the whole time.

    I figured.

    I was really trying to get justin to say ridiculous things

    i realize he needs no provocation

    Ah. I haven't really been here long enough to get to know people, so I have no real idea who this justin fellow is, outside of a couple of posts from this thread.

    justin is my frenemy.

    also i am a rabid vegetarian and you missed all the hullabaloo I generally raise about it. I am now hypocritical though because I am going to raise and eat my own insect stock

    Oh, okay. I'm not actually anti-vegetarian, it's just something to poke fun of. Like being Jewish or black, except you can't blame it on your parents.

    Why are you raising insects? Just to try it out, because they have good nutrition value, or what? Seems awfully weird (assuming you're from a typical Western culture, which tends to be a reasonable assumption on these forums).

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    I just don't want to preorder for that bullshit because I don't want to support the idiocy behind it. Dragons Age though with their prerelease dlc is king of asshole hill though.

    Yes, pre-release DLC is the worst. At least wait a month.

    Yeah give me the illusion you didn't just take content out of the game to charge me for it later.

  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    I pre-released DLCed your mom.

  • BobCescaBobCesca Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    What should I do today?

    Cure cancer. Failing that you should become a failed artist who has become embittered with the world and his rich wife.

    That sounds like a fantastic idea. Let me work on that.

    No, cure me!

    That will make it up to me for not eating the amazing soup I suggested (of which I am having a variant tonight - it's squash and thyme and Gruyère cheese...nom om om).

  • ThomamelasThomamelas Bro!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Birthdays suck.
    Congrats on being one year closer to the blessed relief of death and being a rotting corpse in the ground.
    What if he's gonna be cremated, huh?

    Narrow minded.
    I just can't see him going to cremation route. Being a rotting corpse just seems like one last fuck you to the world.
    Man, fuck that. I want a viking funeral on Green Lake. Also, Will Arnett will be there, and as they set my body on fire and push me away from the shore, The Final Countdown will start to play and he'll do magic tricks.

    Pfft, why don't you do some raping and pillaging before you start on the big boy funerals.

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Arch wrote: »

    It was mainly self-inflicted

    pre-ordered at full price at two places, one wouldn't let me cancel (walmart.com). I sold the copy to a friend and kept the bonus

    and then the game fell through

    Hell gate was such a failure, it took an interesting concept and good game idea and then shit the bed. At least Borderlands was fucking fantastic.

  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    my boss decided that its too cold in the northeast and that we should go down to florida for a bit.

    We don't want you.

    I'll remember that when I'm in the warm sun and you're walking through a blizzard uphill both ways!

    I live in Florida.

    why doesn't florida want me?

    I don't know, it just felt like the right thing to say at the time.

    now I don't even want to go, YOU RUINED EVERYTHING!

  • ArchArch Viruses are totally dependent on knowledge of every eternity. Renounce faith. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Can't you get Juggernaught now by dlc? I have busted out my MUA:2 since beating it for the second time.

    you can? sweet may pick it up now

    also- T: Protoman: both. I have been interested in it for a long time, and finally just decided to go for it

  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I pre-released DLCed your mom.
    That's rather impressive considering how narrow your pre-release window is.

    "Despite all the bitching, if Diablo 3 sucks, I will eat my own cock. Counter-claim: If Diablo 3 does not suck, I will have a list of whiners who need to eat cocks." - Zen Vulgarity
  • ArchArch Viruses are totally dependent on knowledge of every eternity. Renounce faith. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »

    It was mainly self-inflicted

    pre-ordered at full price at two places, one wouldn't let me cancel (walmart.com). I sold the copy to a friend and kept the bonus

    and then the game fell through

    Hell gate was such a failure, it took an interesting concept and good game idea and then shit the bed. At least Borderlands was fucking fantastic.

    which is why I said I got burned twice

  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    That sonic grenade post is stupid and I wish I never read it.

    Neckbeards rigging booby traps is a terrifying idea.

    Seriously. That post just reeks of smarmy neckbeard.

    steam_sig.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »

    It was mainly self-inflicted

    pre-ordered at full price at two places, one wouldn't let me cancel (walmart.com). I sold the copy to a friend and kept the bonus

    and then the game fell through

    Hell gate was such a failure, it took an interesting concept and good game idea and then shit the bed. At least Borderlands was fucking fantastic.

    which is why I said I got burned twice

    I got burned on that too. I mean I played it with my wife and we had fun for what was there, but christ so many bad decisions. Its one reason I fear for people who play champions.

  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    that said I preordered the ME2 collector's edition so I am officially part of the problem now

    Per3th.jpg
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Crushing pussy; Marry a man Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The gym closed at half five. That is le rubbish. I had only got about halfway through my stuff.

    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
145791063
This discussion has been closed.