Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

WinXP - Drag & Drop not working in Explorer

IceBurnerIceBurner Registered User regular
I've developed a pretty odd problem under WinXP Pro SP3:

Drag and drop in Explorer, which normally moves files, has stopped working. Seems a Windows Update nuked it, but I'm not sure whch. All other Drag and Drop functions work normally; I can reposition files within the same folder, or on my desktop, and I can drag and drop to applications normally.

All I can find on Google are solutions for completely nonfunctional drag and drop, none of which help me. Multiple virus & malware scans have been negative. Any ideas about what may be causing the issue, or how to fix it?

Edit: Finally found a solution for this. I can't seem to delete this, so I guess I'll just post the solution.

"You may have to add a registry entry to re-enable this functionality. If you have to, backup the key. In regedit, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Internet Settings/Zones/4. If there isn't an entry named 180D, then create a new DWORD entry named 180D and set the value to 0."

Added that and it immediately started to work again.

3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
This discussion has been closed.