As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pukio's Sketchbook (NSFW)

1235»

• Options
    lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I know it was just a short experiment, but try not to forget what you want the viewer to focus on in your picture. There is a lot more sharpness in his hair than his face, so that's what our eye is drawn to first and it's hard to look away from there. Maybe experiment with tightening up your focal point a little more compared to other areas.

lyrium on
  • Options
    PukioPukio Registered User regular
    Hey thanks guys. And I will totally keep that in mind lyrium; focus is for sure something I need to work on and I really do appreciate the feedback.

Just a quick scribble from yesterday. I've been having an off week, but whatever. About an hour of work:

notwife.png

• Options
    wowgj2_zps302b7b79.png

What even is a circle??? But sitting down and forcing myself to do some fundamentals today is already helping a lot, I think. My New Year's Resolution is to not be so lazy about actually studying the technical side of drawing, whereas up until now my philosophy has basically been 'WING IT!!'

• Options
    ChippsChipps Registered User regular
    Pukio wrote: »

natashawip.png

Holy cow I love this!

• Options
    Aaah, thanks a bunch! c:

sketchblog2013.png

• Options
    Some really boring studies from screencaps. 20, 30 and 5 minutes respectively.

colorstudy1_zps191d7875.png
    colorstudy2_zpsec5be382.png
    colorstudy3_zps1549eb98.png

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    I like the studies a lot. The second round of fundamental studies look good too. I hope you continue with them.

• Options
    Thanks Iruka! I definitely plan on continuing with this kind of work even though I tend to find it deadly boring; still, it's good to challenge myself.

....I say as I draw my 346346346th floating head:

hart5ever.png

clive5ever2small.png

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Dumb scribbles to keep myself drawing:

sketches3_zps72589f51.png
    wowsoproductive_zps88f74864.png
    chloebutt-1.png

(Will I ever stop drawing Uncharted fanart? A: not likely.)

Pukio on
  • Options
    scribble.png

20 minutes futzing with colors I don't usually touch.

and 40 minutes doing nothing of value? I don't know there are things I like about this, but the perspective is terrible. If I decide to work through it, I'll probably scrap this and sit down and actually bother sketching it properly before I get impatient to paint.

wholelottanothin.png

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    totally biased to the neon, but i really like those experimental colors.

• Options
    Aah, thanks so much Iruka. I need to play with that end of the spectrum more than I do.

WIP. Fighting everything about this:

weaponofchoice3.png

• Options
    hongkong-2.png

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    you do some awesome awesome things with color that I am so envious of, it's sick

re: fighting-everything guy, he looks like he has a bit of gumby-arm going on in the forearms that I think is throwing off the composition a bit, which looks like it's mostly linked to the shading around the arms going in sort of a weird curve. I think that's the only thing going on with it, I actually would love to see what happens with it, if anything, because that palette is awesomsesauce.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    I haven't been drawing much lately because I'm a terrible person, but.

some figures, about five minutes each:

figures_zps1643d9b8.png

and the cover to a comic anthology my roommate and I are putting together:

mnmcover_zpsc2f07485.png

Pukio on
  • Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Damn, I hadn't seen (or didn't remember) this thread before, and reading it from the beginning I was all "get the fuck out!" by page 3 or 4. Great progress, and lots of really good work.

On that anthology cover, it feels like that vertical line behind the bullet is getting lost in the swirl also being red. As I am typing this (literally!) I am realizing it is teeth and a tongue, haha. I can't unsee it now, but before I realized what it was I was going to suggest switching colors so that the line and swirl (tongue) weren't the same.

Now that I see they are teeth, it is strange that they are see through (bullet and tongue lines visible behind) but the tongue isn't (it hides the bullet line). I like the tongue hiding the bullet line. Did you make the two Ms different to emphasize the difference between the two words' meanings? The "onsters" is capitalized, but it doesn't come across immediately because their scale relative to the first letter of the word has about the same ratio as the M and obsters. The font difference might be more clear if you push the "onsters" a little more.

• Options
    Long time no post. I've been picking at art on and off and feel like I've lost a lot of ground.

tumblr_msaa4kihQP1qdqr3lo1_500.png

tumblr_n0m8g23vDf1qdqr3lo1_500.png

tumblr_n0yeguyAI01qdqr3lo1_500.png

tumblr_n4kpyzAfBv1qdqr3lo1_500.png

• Options
    SeveredHeadSeveredHead Registered User regular
    sick colors.