Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Left 4 Dead - Zombie Gabe demands headshots - IHateMountains campaign,survivor nerfs

AlegisAlegis ImpeckableRegistered User regular
edited June 2010 in Games and Technology
fkuzq8.png

What is 'Left for Dead'?
The best goddamn co-op game you'll ever find, that's what it is.
First started as a project from Turtle Rock Studios and afterward lovingly embraced by Valve's touch of brilliance, it's a shooter that pits you and 3 friends (or bots, if you hate yourself) versus lots of zombies.
What makes it awesome however is that team play is not just recFommended, it is most utterly required. That means you need the right people to enjoy this game and you've come to the right place.

This game is so awesome but how do I play with you guys so I don't end up with terrible pubs?
PC:
Steamgroup: Armadeaddon
For an invite [url=steam://friends/joinchat/103582791429532423]Join the Chat![/url] It's where lobbies get made and players celebrate.

Get a microphone and talk!

Xbox 360:
Add the following gamertag to your friendslist: A PA L4D2 Group - list maintained by Local H Jay

LEFT 4 DEAD 1
Apparently people still play this! Click spoiler to expand
Spoiler:
LEFT 4 DEAD 2
l4d2logosmall.jpg
Are you as strong as Moustachio? Prove it.
14e9ojs.jpg Basic Game info - what is new?
Spoiler:

14e9ojs.jpg Screenshots
Spoiler:

14e9ojs.jpg Movies!
Spoiler:

14e9ojs.jpg Useful player info & tips
2j5jo82.png Quick tips for beginners:
Spoiler:
More:
Spoiler:

14e9ojs.jpg Tweak/Edit stuff:
2j5jo82.png Lower maximum allowed server ping in lobby searches:
Spoiler:
2j5jo82.png Performance tweaks
Spoiler:

14e9ojs.jpg Custom Maps
To enable custom content, install L4D2 Add-On Support in the Tools tab of Steam.

2j5jo82.png L4D in L4D2
To get these running, you need:
2j5jo82.png City 17
2j5jo82.png Death Aboard 2

For more check out sites like L4Dmaps.
Feel free to recommend some that are worthwhile - I never play custom maps.

Other Cool Stuff
nologosmall.jpg
2j5jo82.png Gabe visits LaCabra to check out his custom campaign

2j5jo82.png Penny Arcader Beavotron makes absolutely adorable L4D plushies

2j5jo82.png Pictures from Savannah on which The Passing campaign is based:
Spoiler:

2j5jo82.png Interesting reads:

Alegis on

• AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    (I hit max char limit for OPs, so I'm keeping the fanart pics in this post for now)

2j5jo82.png Fanart pics from an earlier OP collected by mere_immortal:
    Spoiler:
    2j5jo82.png Even more fanart/stuff:
    Spoiler:

L4D1 Player List

While you can always jump in [url=steam://friends/joinchat/103582791429532423]Armadeaddon[/url] chat for chat and questions and the like, chances are likely most are only interested in playing L4D2 (including myself).

Following list is for those who bought 2j5jo82.png L4D1 through the Steam sale and are looking for some fellow buddies to plunge through new grounds:

PM or reply in thread to have you added!

• NappuccinoNappuccino Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Holy hell do I have a lot of photos in the OP

Keep up the good work :)

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Spoiler:
    edited January 2010
    Probably needs a proper mod section still, will look for that after exams.
    There better be some good scavenge maps by then.

• MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    How's that mod to play L4D1 maps in L4D2 coming? Last I checked it was a bit bugged out and hard to get working. Anyone tried it?

steam_sig.png
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The continuing adventures of Ellis and Nick.
    Spoiler:

Steam: Dr. Mark Sloan - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mere_immortal - 3DS: 0748-1545-6684
    edited January 2010
    D:
    Movitz wrote: »
    How's that mod to play L4D1 maps in L4D2 coming? Last I checked it was a bit bugged out and hard to get working. Anyone tried it?

Tried it a week ago
    Spoiler:
    Didn't work out too well.

• mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I tried playing through NM but when I got to the finale the game ended as if I had just finished a map immediately.

Steam: Dr. Mark Sloan - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mere_immortal - 3DS: 0748-1545-6684
    edited January 2010
    The continuing adventure of Ellis and Nick.
    Spoiler:

That is awesome.

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Spoiler:
  • Quaz and WallyQuaz and Wally Registered User
    edited January 2010
    Man, I really tried to give Rochelle a chance, but she is bland as all hell.

I think she's supposed to be the "normal" one.

edited January 2010
    There wasn't really a "normal" one in l4d1... Unless you count louis I guess but he atleast had a lot of personality and energy with his character.

edit: but yeah, Rochelle is the "normal one" I just don't understand why they thought there had to be one.

Spoiler:
  • Quaz and WallyQuaz and Wally Registered User
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure they wanted Louis and Zoe to be more normal, and Francis and Bill were more from the Zombie Hell universe.

In this case, I think it's Nick and Ellis who are from Zombie Hell, and Coach and Rochelle are the "normal" ones. But damn, they need to give Rochelle some lines that don't just seem to lead into good bits for Ellis.

• tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    What are some good resources for L4D mapmaking?

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    L4D1 has had it's SDK released, but L4D2 hasn't, and I've not read any news about it either. Perhaps maps can be made in the SDK of 1, and converting in a similar manner as the maps of 1, but how succesful that'd be, I don't know.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • AyulinAyulin Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Um, I thought the L4D2 SDK was released. I see L4D2 Authoring Tools in my Steam window, as well as Add-on Support.

steam_sig.png
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You are right, I totally missed that. Ignore me!

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Godshittingdamn it the parish finale is hard.

"In this discussion of copyright it's actually appropriate to call it theft:
    This music is being (preemptively) removed from the public domain; it's being stolen from the people."
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Ok so I haven't played in a while, but I thought I would come in here and mention: The Zombie Survival Guide should be required reading for anyone who really plays this game.

7nUkagJ.png
    SteamID:Icemopper PSN:Icemopper
  • mtsmts Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hiya. I just picked up LFD1 through steam, though it is sitting uninstalled right now

my steam id is Sigmund Killingsworth III

camo_sig.png
  • DrakeDrake Blow it all up ForeverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I got that L4D 1 crazy Steam deal too, during the holiday sale.

So, hey... put me on the list. Here's my Steam page.

• EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I still think "The only cure is death." would have been a better tagline for SF.

iyjXwV5uPHHfO.jpg
    Steam (Ansatz) || Planetside 2 - Vanu (Ansatz) || GW2 Officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Enig wrote: »
    I still think "The only cure is death." would have been a better tagline for SF.

Cure 2: The Deathening

Steam
    Xbox Live: Pastalonius Nintendo ID: Pastalonius LOL:Gremlidin
  • Ash-HousewaresAsh-Housewares TARDIS Hunter Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Panda4You wrote: »
    Godshittingdamn it the parish finale is hard.

Try doing that for your expert realism run. Then you'll know true anguish.

Steam ID: Ash-Housewares
  • FencingsaxFencingsax Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure they wanted Louis and Zoe to be more normal, and Francis and Bill were more from the Zombie Hell universe.

In this case, I think it's Nick and Ellis who are from Zombie Hell, and Coach and Rochelle are the "normal" ones. But damn, they need to give Rochelle some lines that don't just seem to lead into good bits for Ellis.

Her dialogue can be really good, but her single lines less so.

It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Looking to get a game on dark carnival going shortly (360).

H_Jay, Tact etc. Looking at you.

• MongerMonger Precocious Bonertoot Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I did indeed buy L4D1 at some point in one of the sales. I can be added to the list as such if someone's looking for a game, but my gaming time's mostly going into Riddick and Bayonetta at the moment.

• GrimthwackerGrimthwacker MRGRGR!!! Five. . . four. . . three. . .Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    If anyone wants to play some L4D 1 with me, I'm up for it. Steam ID is [URL="ttp://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197989607632"]Grimthwacker.[/URL]

• Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Leitner wrote: »
    Looking to get a game on dark carnival going shortly (360).

H_Jay, Tact etc. Looking at you.

what kinda game, campaign?

If your still interested I'll play.

Although its probably been a couple hours since you posted.

edited January 2010
    Got a work e-mail I need to reply to. But soon as that's done, I'll be up for it. Yeah campaign, either advanced or expert.

edited January 2010
    Done. What's your tag? Just add me (Colonel Leitner). I'll be ready in five.

edited January 2010
    Tag is AlWatts.

logging in now

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So, since I can't access chat from where I be right now, any chance I can get added to the L4D2-focused group? I'm rather new at this game ... :)

My Profile

edited January 2010
    If anyone else wants to play now is a good time. Just add me.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You can add me to the 'new to L4D1' list, if you like.

I've had it for a bit longer, but getting my friends together to play has been touch and go - I've only done two of the campaigns (no other modes), each one twice.

Steam ID is Jragghen. At work right now, so I can't exactly add people or anything.

sig.gif
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue Coral Springs, FLRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I do L4D1 sometimes; cj_iwakura's the Steam ID. I was almost hoping I'd get gifted L4D2 this year to continue the trend from last year. :P

fiV9i14.jpg
    蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
  • SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Nice to see another thread. And nice to see all the new converts to L4D. :O Now we just need all of you to get L4D2 and enjoy it with the rest of us. :D

steam_sig.png
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    SoulGate wrote: »
    Nice to see another thread. And nice to see all the new converts to L4D. :O Now we just need all of you to get L4D2 and enjoy it with the rest of us. :D

I've got that, too, but (oddly enough) have more local people to play it with :P

sig.gif
  • Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    We were doing our usual campaign play on a dedicated server; Little did we know we were in for some L8D2:
    Spoiler:
    We had a fifth random player to begin with (he went spectator early on), even though we played 'friends only', and an extra bot so our theory is we connected at the exact time as this other dude. In the subsequent maps after the first the whole "extra party" spawned as bots. We upped the diff to expert after a while but didn't really notice any added resistance. The tanks in the finale go down real quick with eight people spamming them :D

Another funny thing was the teasing of players that got kicked out of the various top lists by the horde of bots, between the maps.

"In this discussion of copyright it's actually appropriate to call it theft:
    This music is being (preemptively) removed from the public domain; it's being stolen from the people."
  • TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Wait so seriously. Just did dead center going for crutches. Pick ip an axe, then a katana, no other weapons. Do accidentlu pick up a bile bomb in finale, never use it. Picked up gas fans to fillthecar, none got shot. I did get downed by a witch while meleeing her, and fired one shot while downed. No crutches achievment :(

111813113553.png
    360 GT Tommatt
    edited January 2010
    Yeah fire one shot while down = no go.

I believe picking up cans or cola isn't allowed either but I'm not sure on that.

Throwables should be fine.

edited January 2010
    I'd be really interested to hear the rational of "No Cola or gas cans!" to the melee only achievement when you can throw molotovs and actually do some dmg with them.

Spoiler:
This discussion has been closed.