As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Saturn's [Chat]agon

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The biggest problem with wikipedia, for me, is that it is either directed towards those who have no understanding of the field whatsoever or those who already understand it and want a refresher. This is especially the case with mathematics.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Podly is being very amusing tonight.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    Man, tonight was a super-stressful shift so I downed a lot of espresso. I have to wakeup at 8:30 to go back to work tomorrow, but I'm still mentally revved up from the espresso and the tension of the shift. Sheeeeit

I think this is drunk Podly.

I wish. I decided against having a drink tonight.

This may have been the poor choice.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor...

Y/N?

wazilla on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    PantsB wrote: »

OK.
    The fried chicken stereotype only applies to african americans, there is no such stereotype in australia, and they're west indian not african american.

L|ama on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Man, tonight was a super-stressful shift so I downed a lot of espresso. I have to wakeup at 8:30 to go back to work tomorrow, but I'm still mentally revved up from the espresso and the tension of the shift. Sheeeeit

The poorest dogg. I am starting to get a grip on Ableton.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I have already decided that, yes, Shin Megami Tensei.

wazilla on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

It's definitely the easiest to get into.

edit* as in once you break that first barrier, things start to click fairly rapidly.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    MrMister wrote: »
    Also, I don't want to do my homework! I am a petulant child!

You have homework in gradschool?

My understanding was that you just read all the non-assigned readings before the start of the term and then put off writing your term paper until one week before.

This is the term paper, and it's due monday.

In the words of David Hyde Pierce in Wet Hot American Summer, "fuck my cock!"

MrMister on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Also, I don't want to do my homework! I am a petulant child!

You have homework in gradschool?

My understanding was that you just read all the non-assigned readings before the start of the term and then put off writing your term paper until one week before.

This is the term paper, and it's due monday.

In the words of David Hyde Pierce in Wet Hot American Summer, "fuck my cock!"

You have over 24 hours.

That's probably a word a minute.

Sounds pretty easy to me.

Bring on grad school.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    in physics, 'theory' seems to be used to describe all the maths and everything that surrounds the basic hypothesis

L|ama on
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You have over 24 hours.

Bring on grad school.

I already have enough words.

They're just not the right ones.

MrMister on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You have over 24 hours.

Bring on grad school.

You don't want to do the homework you've already done!?

wazilla on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

edit* as in once you break that first barrier, things start to click fairly rapidly.

What the hell else is there? I was doing FL studio before.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010

For DAWs? Logic, Cubase, Pro Tools, and Reason are the big ones. I guess Acid is pretty big as well.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    wazilla wrote: »
    You have over 24 hours.

Bring on grad school.

You don't want to do the homework you've already done!?

And then space collapses in on itself.

MrMister on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I imagine there would be a "FWOOP!" noise.

wazilla on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Alright I should try to sleep.

Night, [chat]. Good luck, Mr^2.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Night Pods

MrMister on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited January 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Will, you do realize that the internet was invented by a bunch of college kids fucking around on the government dime, right? And that the potential gain from space are way bigger?

I'm all for public science and all for public works. I just think that space exploration is a giant sinkhole and kind of boring to boot.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Will, you do realize that the internet was invented by a bunch of college kids fucking around on the government dime, right? And that the potential gain from space are way bigger?
    I'm all for public science and all for public works. I just think that space exploration is a giant sinkhole and kind of boring to boot.
    Don't you want to be yelling at the kids to get off your space-lawn on Mars in ten years?

Oh, wait, sorry, I guess statistically, someone your age will be dead in ten years.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

For DAWs? Logic, Cubase, Pro Tools, and Reason are the big ones. I guess Acid is pretty big as well.

Acid sucks. Logic is weaker than Live and I don't use a MAC so the other two are out if it.

duh.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010

I tend to agree!

hi5 and all

MrMister on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I think we're going in to town today. Which I'm sure will be full of adventure.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited January 2010
    Don't you want to be yelling at the kids to get off your space-lawn on Mars in ten years?

Oh, wait, sorry, I guess statistically, someone your age will be dead in ten years.

The whole "send a dude to mars" thing is a pretty central example of why the space program is a stupid waste. Sending a few people to mars would be massively expensive, highly dangerous, take a lot of time and energy and talent, and at the end of it, you really get nothing that an unmanned mission wouldn't yield.

Mars will never become habitable to humans even in theory - it doesn't have enough of a magnetic field to keep an artificially introduced atmosphere from being blown away by solar winds. So you're looking at building massively expensive little domes and habitrails for a few select astronauts. I don't care how overcrowded and polluted and shitty Earth becomes - Mars will never be the solution to our problems.

edit: and since I quit smoking I still have at least 12 years left statistically.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So glad i dropped 45 bucks on The Complete Monty Python's Flying Circus.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hey Will, how was date night?

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Your life expectancy is pretty much never zero more years.

MrMister on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Hey Will, how was date night?

It was nice. We took the T to chinatown and ate Malaysian food. Frankie paid :) Then we considered catching a movie, decided against it and she fell asleep on the couch watching me play Dead Space.

The cold weather kind of limits our options for date night and sense we both drank quite a bit last night we weren't really in the frame to do something booze-related. It is nice playing video games while my lady falls asleep sitting with me though.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010

It depends if you factor in that bomb someone rigged under your desk.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    fuck

how is it that I've lived in Vancouver, BC for over 2 months and not got a pot dealer already?

Doc on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Doc wrote: »
    fuck

how is it that I've lived in Vancouver, BC for over 2 months and not got a pot dealer already?

Because you look like a cop.

A giant cop.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    fuck

A giant cop.

yeah

because cops around here are so interested in busting pot dealers

Doc on
  • Options
    Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    hi-de-ho, mammals.

Dr Mario Kart on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Also bob are you and japan making it out to PAX? According to Fox News there are no security hassles with international flights. We just pretty much let anyone jump a plane.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    we live in a strange time where anything is possible
    but most of it is funny cat pictures

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

It depends if you factor in that bomb someone rigged under your desk.

Yeah, it depends on whether you're talking about an individualized prediction or just the aggregate statistic for people your age.

For most of your life, your life expectancy (as the aggregate statistic) is increasing. Managed not to die from a car crash in your 20s? Congratulations, that throws your life expectancy up a few more years!

It's just a silly consequence of how averaging works.

MrMister on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    we live in a strange time where anything is possible
    but most of it is funny cat pictures

3613045.jpg

Doc on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    fuck

A giant cop.

yeah

because cops around here are so interested in busting pot dealers

Well I have heard that Vancouver is a lot like Seattle in that it is hard to breach social circles. Pot dealers in the US seem to generally operate more like a social circle than, like, a store in the US. Maybe it is the same in the BC.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.