As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

iGoogle Issue

jhunter46jhunter46 Registered User regular
edited January 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
My wife's iGoogle account automatically opens Gmail when she goes to Google. It does it on both IE and Firefox and even does it when she logs in using my computer.

I've googled the issue but I didn't have any luck. I went through all of her account settings without any luck either. Has anyone seen this before?

jhunter46 on

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    What do you mean "opens"? Like, does it open another tab/window with gmail?

theSquid on
  • Options
    CauldCauld Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    are you sure she didn't just expand the gmail window on her homepage? I'm not sure window is the right word, but there's a 'back to normal' icon in the upper right if she has.

Cauld on
  • Options
    ueanuean Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Check her google labs settings too... I think there's one for iGoogle loading it inframe or something

uean on
    Guys? Hay guys?
    PSN - sumowot
  • Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    uean wrote: »
    Check her google labs settings too... I think there's one for iGoogle loading it inframe or something

this is the "new" igoogle with all the shit on the left hand side. It's annoying as hell but you can turn it off.

Aridhol on
  • Options
    DaenrisDaenris Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    jhunter46 wrote: »
    My wife's iGoogle account automatically opens Gmail when she goes to Google. It does it on both IE and Firefox and even does it when she logs in using my computer.

I've googled the issue but I didn't have any luck. I went through all of her account settings without any luck either. Has anyone seen this before?

If she has a gmail widget or whatever on her iGoogle site it started doing this a few months ago for me. It loads the iGoogle site, but then when the gmail widget loads it refreshes to the Gmail login page. If she stays logged in, it shouldn't happen, or if she removes the gmail from the homepage it shouldn't happen.

Daenris on